Denny Z has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Can't squat deep

Just wondering whether anyone have the same problem,
    Whenever I squat, it seems I can't go very deep, the best I can manage is maybe about 1 inch above pararel, not that I choose the weight that too much for me but if I go lower then I risk flipping on my back. It seems that my center of gravity is screwed up, because even without any weight I can't squat deep without having my upper body leaning forward alot.
    But the thing is I always feel sore on my glutes and quads a day after squat day, so I guess eventhough I don't go very deep, it still hit the target muscle.
    Anyone have any solutions for it?,
    thanks a lot guys

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well try practicing with a box behind you, but don't sit down on it for long, use it to perfect your form
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

Question

Originally posted by SYRIANKID
    well try practicing with a box behind you, but don't sit down on it for long, use it to perfect your form
    you mean I need to put a box below me and lower down just like if I'm going to sit on it? how high the box should be, is it lower than my thigh pararel to the ground position or else ?

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Denny Z
    you mean I need to put a box below me and lower down just like if I'm going to sit on it? how high the box should be, is it lower than my thigh pararel to the ground position or else ?
    it's called box squats i agree with syriankid, and my thought is your using a crappy form, a squat i like sitting down you don't bent you back you put your feet wide and toes pointing out
    you look at one point before you, and keep your head straigth
    Last edited by midian; 07-28-2003 at 06:35 AM.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Denny Z
    http://www.testosterone.net/html/120squat.html
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ashford has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sounds like your form is messed up. Are you keeping your back perpendicular or near perendicular to the ground because that seems to be a common problem among people that fall when they squat.

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    keep your head up sraight and looking forward when squatting, and also make certain your back is as straight as possible
    Booo

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    keep your head up sraight and looking forward when squatting, and also make certain your back is as straight as possible
    Simpleton.

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Widening your stance may help you out and box squats are definetly a good idea too .........

Lou3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It sounds like your hips aren't flexible enough for you to go that low. Stand up now and squat as low as you can (with good squat form) without pitching forward. Where does it feel tight? If you don't have a good stretching guide, get one and work on increasing your flexibility in that area. Until you develop that flexibility, you might want to stick with leg presses.

omni_blue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My younger brother had this problem. I told him to concentrate on the following, and it worked:

Keep your chest out,
    look foward,
    concentrate on your pelvic bone going down, not your back,
    keep the weight on the back of you feet (this is maybe why you're falling foward)
    Push up from the back off your feet with you back still straight.

That's it. He does them well too.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by John Henry
    Simpleton.
    ignoramous
    Booo

Originally posted by omni_blue
    My younger brother had this problem. I told him to concentrate on the following, and it worked:

Keep your chest out,
    look foward,
    concentrate on your pelvic bone going down, not your back,
    keep the weight on the back of you feet (this is maybe why you're falling foward)
    Push up from the back off your feet with you back still straight.

That's it. He does them well too.
    Actually I'm not falling foward but I always falling backwad even without any weight, I think flexibility could also be an issue here, at first I thought its a genetic thing, but after I ask all of my brothers and sister, even my parents to squat casually without weight and they don't have a problem with that, then genetic should not be an issue. Thanks for all the suggestion, one more thing is putting a block under you heel is a good idea too?, coz I think it will help to shift my center of gravity to the front.

Originally posted by Lou3
    It sounds like your hips aren't flexible enough for you to go that low. Stand up now and squat as low as you can (with good squat form) without pitching forward. Where does it feel tight? If you don't have a good stretching guide, get one and work on increasing your flexibility in that area. Until you develop that flexibility, you might want to stick with leg presses.
    Sorry if I ask too much, but what is a good stretching guide and how to work on my flexibility in that area? thanks for your info.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by John Henry
    Read this by J.V. http://www.olympus.net/personal/cablebar/BadGood.htm
    Thanks John, the link is very informative