Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Registered User AnorexicBodyBro's Avatar
    AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by papi89 View Post
    That email is about as legit as the email from Gary to Ronnie
    Let me just include the email addresses of the people I sent it to, that way you can email them and ruin my offer.

akupooks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akupooks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akupooks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akupooks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akupooks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akupooks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akupooks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akupooks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akupooks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akupooks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akupooks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Uninspired123 View Post
    lmao, i woulda turned down that poverty **** too lmao

OP is alpha and miscers are beta for saying that he's in the wrong
    60k would be nice, but it'll be good to see what OP gets in the end.

This **** takes balls.
    The "Jr" part was baller.

Repped.

AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AnorexicBodyBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Weezy32 View Post
    Wow bro will rep on RC

No wonder i havent been receiving much interest , i never send a cover letter. I have tried getting few management jobs because i am technically done with my management degree but not many people have called me. I also have 3 years supervisory experience too.

Could you post examples of your cover letters you sent. It would be a tremendous help man.

I plan on trying to work for the big 4 accounting firm. So far i have 4.0 accounting GPA but my overall is 3.0. Still have 5 accounting classes left before i get my dual degree.
    I've had the most success paraphrasing what Napoleon Hill stated in "Think and Grow Rich" at the end of my cover letter.

The funniest thing is that no one even mentions working on probation, they just straight up want me to work for them because of how passionate and confident I seem.

BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brb electrical engineer checking in. making 125k @ 26 (site work though).

Brb in camp for the next 11 days fuuuuuu

Snapbackswag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snapbackswag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snapbackswag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snapbackswag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snapbackswag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snapbackswag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snapbackswag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snapbackswag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snapbackswag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snapbackswag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snapbackswag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Interesting..

But like seriously.. Do you even lift?

Cause only pretty people can get away with this.

Originally Posted by Snapbackswag View Post
    But like seriously.. Do you even lift?

Cause only pretty people can get away with this.
    I lift but I don't eat very much.

Enzant is a name known to all. (+5000) Enzant is a name known to all. (+5000) Enzant is a name known to all. (+5000) Enzant is a name known to all. (+5000) Enzant is a name known to all. (+5000) Enzant is a name known to all. (+5000) Enzant is a name known to all. (+5000) Enzant is a name known to all. (+5000) Enzant is a name known to all. (+5000) Enzant is a name known to all. (+5000) Enzant is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great Russian negotiating skills bro

Registered User WhereAreMyShoes's Avatar
    WhereAreMyShoes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhereAreMyShoes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhereAreMyShoes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhereAreMyShoes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhereAreMyShoes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhereAreMyShoes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhereAreMyShoes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhereAreMyShoes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhereAreMyShoes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhereAreMyShoes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhereAreMyShoes has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Uninspired123 View Post
    it's poverty lmao
    60k is a very decent living almost anywhere in the world if you are responsible with your money. I know plenty of people who take in between 20k and 30k and still live on their own on top of going out to the bar once or twice a week.
    I demolish enemy scholars with every deadly word.

The Power of a Million Exploding Suns Crew

Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AnorexicBodyBro View Post
    I've had the most success paraphrasing what Napoleon Hill stated in "Think and Grow Rich" at the end of my cover letter.

The funniest thing is that no one even mentions working on probation, they just straight up want me to work for them because of how passionate and confident I seem.
    That is actually great idea man!!!

Came in thread thinking OP is a dumbass.

Read the email thought Op is probably a troll and/or even bigger dumbass.

Read more of OP's posts and now think OP is a genius.

Keep us updated on what they offer bro.
    Atlanta Falcons!!!

broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Meh, I turned down 73k last year, haha.
    so you've been unemployed for what we can assume is a fair amount of time and when people offer you jobs you just turn them down.

how is living with your parents anyway?

Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Schism45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How are you surviving with no income? Living off unemployment paycheques? Moved back in with parents?

Originally Posted by broncosKNH View Post
    so you've been unemployed for what we can assume is a fair amount of time and when people offer you jobs you just turn them down.

how is living with your parents anyway?
    I have money saved up and live by myself.

Originally Posted by Schism45 View Post
    How are you surviving with no income? Living off unemployment paycheques? Moved back in with parents?
    I had an online business website and saved up money from that. I took the site down because of legal threats, so here I am looking for a job.

Herrenvolk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Herrenvolk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Herrenvolk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Herrenvolk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Herrenvolk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Herrenvolk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Herrenvolk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Herrenvolk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Herrenvolk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Herrenvolk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Herrenvolk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    stats: 5'7, 133 lbs

broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broncosKNH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

wait wait wait, america has probation periods where they dont get paid???

fu<k that, if someone told me id have a period of work where i wouldnt get paid id tell them they get a period of work where i didnt work

500 Internal Server Error jujuB's Avatar
    jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    can you develop apps? for android, windows, and iphone?
    RIP mainsqueeze530 1991-2013

Tony Danza cuts in line Mudshovel's Avatar
    Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    are you really 133 pounds?

should prob remove weight lifting from resume. They might call you out on it!!!

Originally Posted by broncosKNH View Post
    wait wait wait, america has probation periods where they dont get paid???

fu<k that, if someone told me id have a period of work where i wouldnt get paid id tell them they get a period of work where i didnt work
    No, but you offer to work on probation in your cover letter because of a), b) and c) listed by Napoleon Hill. The HR person reads that and thinks, "wow this person seems like the perfect fit for the job and we can have a trial run without even paying them! Get this person in for an interview immediately!" Then you start talking to people and they just straight up become interested in you and completely ignore the fact that you even mentioned working for free.

Originally Posted by jujuB View Post
    can you develop apps? for android, windows, and iphone?
    No, in my opinion it's easier to make money creating website businesses instead of apps, so that's what I'm focusing on. Everyone and their mother thinks designing apps is the way to go, but how many people really make $100k+/year from an app they developed? I know plenty of people making $100k+/year from a website they created.

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    im digging it op im unemployed and dont want to to work for just some job im going to hate

my times worth more then hating life and working for a ****ty wage

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    And for people criticizing me for going from EE to web development, I am doing it because I want to get more experience in web design so I can create a sick website when I come up with a new business idea. I had a successful internet business but wasn't an expert at web design. Learn web design on the companies dime, then create a website business a few years later, then you'll be balling 10k/day. If you stay in EE your whole life, you work for someone for a low salary at 60 hours a week and you're stuck.
    what kind of work/ how hard /do you have to learn a bunch of **** is website design

500 Internal Server Error jujuB's Avatar
    jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, in my opinion it's easier to make money creating website businesses instead of apps, so that's what I'm focusing on. Everyone and their mother thinks designing apps is the way to go, but how many people really make $100k+/year from an app they developed? I know plenty of people making $100k+/year from a website they created.
    im looking at it from the aspect of residual income. i have a fairly easy idea, and realistically, if i can market this right, i'm hoping it can generate me $X,000 every month.

it has everyday use to it, really unique, and just one feature. There are other apps out there like it, but none of them fine tune and concentrate on this feature alone. I see the problem everyday, from the statuses that my FB friends post up.

But there have been people who make tons of money from apps... Allen Wong for example, and his 5.0 radio police scanner. And he only sells it via for the iphone, and not android.
    RIP mainsqueeze530 1991-2013

HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, can you just tell us what your internet business was already?

You don't even have to link it or say exactly what it was, but how about mentioning who it was marketed to or what type of need it served (roughly)...

To be honest, I'm more interested in the legal threats you mentioned; was it a competitor? Were you actually doing something that could've gotten you sued?

Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    what kind of work/ how hard /do you have to learn a bunch of **** is website design
    Read this book and you'll have a pretty good foundation for backend web design. http://www.amazon.com/PHP-MySQL-Web-...ords=php+mysql

Pick up a HTML/CSS/Javascript book if you don't have any experience doing front end design (less important to know as well as the backend). http://www.amazon.com/Learning-MySQL...javascript+php and http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-HTM...css+javascript

Read the HTML/CSS book first, then javascript, then PHP/MySQL, but the most important book is the PHP/MySQL one.

Originally Posted by HankScorp1o View Post
    OP, can you just tell us what your internet business was already?

You don't even have to link it or say exactly what it was, but how about mentioning who it was marketed to or what type of need it served (roughly)...

To be honest, I'm more interested in the legal threats you mentioned; was it a competitor? Were you actually doing something that could've gotten you sued?
    I won't tell you the website I was making a lot of money on, but here's a website I created but gave up on (too many lies and it was getting too ridiculous, so it's more of a proof of concept website)... That gives you an idea of how you can sell thoughts.

I came up with the idea from this website and I said to myself "hey, I can probably do better and this guy is making a lot of money and has a lot of traffic on his website". http://www.marriagemax.com/
    Last edited by AnorexicBodyBro; 01-16-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    gjdm take no chit from nobody op.

HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HankScorp1o has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I won't tell you the website I was making a lot of money on, but here's a website I created but gave up on (too many lies and it was getting too ridiculous, so it's more of a proof of concept website)... www.marriagehero.com That gives you an idea of how you can sell thoughts.
    Thanks brah. Could you also sum up the legal threats against you?

Was it from an irate customer? Competitor? FTC?

Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Repping op tomorrow. Dont delete this sht *******.
    ***Gender Non-Committed***
    (She/Him/They/His/Theirs/Her/Them)

Falcons - Hawks - Braves
    I make typos.

Originally Posted by HankScorp1o View Post
    Thanks brah. Could you also sum up the legal threats against you?

Was it from an irate customer? Competitor? FTC?
    It's a bit more complex than that, I'd rather not say. Sorry.

strong_teeroy is not very helpful. (-500) strong_teeroy is not very helpful. (-500) strong_teeroy is not very helpful. (-500) strong_teeroy is not very helpful. (-500) strong_teeroy is not very helpful. (-500) strong_teeroy is not very helpful. (-500) strong_teeroy is not very helpful. (-500) strong_teeroy is not very helpful. (-500) strong_teeroy is not very helpful. (-500) strong_teeroy is not very helpful. (-500) strong_teeroy is not very helpful. (-500)

That's how you be an alpha when negotiating salary.
    Not sure if going for junior jobs when you are 27 and then rejecting them based on salary+position is alpha..
    *Misc Zombie Response Team* Janitor