TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question CKD enthusiasts - question for you

Saturday - first calculated carb load while eating a ketosis diet prior to this day from the start of the week

-----prior week-----

My first test week of this diet (last week) went like this:

Sunday - unsure
    Monday - not in ketosis
    Tuesday - in ketosis
    Wednesday - in ketosis
    Thursday - in ketosis
    Friday - in ketosis until late afternoon to begin carb loading
    Saturday - not in due to calculated carb load

My second week of this diet (this week) is going like this:

Sunday - unsure
    Monday - in ketosis
    Tuesday - in ketosis

And it's safe to say I will stay in ketosis until Friday late afternoon again when I start my carb load. The only difference between the first and second carb load is the total amount of calories consumed as well as carbs. I ate less the second time around, not on purpose, it just happened that way because I was busy. I can pretty much answer this question myself but I just wanted opinions. Will this diet skyrocket my fat loss if I maximize the amount of time I spend in ketosis? Or will another day out of ketosis (my first week for example) not be as much as an issue? I was in ketosis for 3.5 days my first week and I know I can be in ketosis for 4.5 days this week. Is 3.5 - 4.5 days a week spent in ketosis on the CKD diet anywhere close to ideal? The only way to make it any better would be to ensure I was in ketosis on Sunday which doesn't seem possible on this diet if my load begins on Friday late afternoon and ends Saturday before midnight. Recomping would be cool, but I'm more interested in dropping body fat which is why I'm truly on this.

My weekly caloric intake looks like:

Sunday - 2,030 cals
    Monday - 2,030 cals
    Tuesday - 2,030 cals
    Wednesday - 2,030 cals
    Thursday - 2,030 cals
    Friday - no more than 2,500 (worst case scenario)
    Saturday - 3,000 - 3,900

My maintenance is around 2,600 calories a day, so I'm at a 500 cal deficit most of the time and in a deficit for sure 6/7 days a week. Using the top end of those caloric ranges I'm averaging about 2,364 calories which is still in a deficit. I workout five days a week (M-F) so I'm not even including the net effect of my caloric intake before and after working out on any of these days except for Saturday and Sunday.

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ketosis isn't magic. It's a way to try to prioritize burning fat over muscle, which increasing satiety. Any calorie deficit will burn fat. CKD is done to maintain strength/muscle if you are lifting, while still burning fat, as well as maintaining hormones.

Either way will work fine. I don't think the extra 24 hours in ketosis will be earth shattering either way.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeamCHRISTOPHER is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Grifts View Post
    Ketosis isn't magic. It's a way to try to prioritize burning fat over muscle, which increasing satiety. Any calorie deficit will burn fat. CKD is done to maintain strength/muscle if you are lifting, while still burning fat, as well as maintaining hormones.

Either way will work fine. I don't think the extra 24 hours in ketosis will be earth shattering either way.

So as far as what I have going on here is concerned, I'm okay? Nothing to really change?

And as I currently undestand, the total caloric level you hit on your load phase determines overall what the CKD will do to you. What I mean by that is, if you load up to maintenance you will burn fat. If you load 10% above maintenance you will burn fat and gain muscle (hardly a recomp, incredibly slow lean muscle gains). If you load up to 30% over your maintenance you will burn fat and gain muscle (a slightly more anabolic version of the 10% above maintenance load). I read this in the keto stickies I believe. Am I incorrect? I'd love to make this thread a question thread about this awesome diet.

fatfilosopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TeamCHRISTOPHER View Post
    I'd love to make this thread a question thread about this awesome diet.
    From what I've trolled, my approach to Keto as a 275lb -> 210 guy, eating keto (high fat) sustains you longer on its filling macronutrient. Generally calories in/ calories out will result in weight loss with a low/high ratio.

The reasoning for implementing a ketogenic lifestyle is to preserve muscle mass while loosing weight (again, low in/high out re: calories)

To further express this, the science of the body's reactions to carbs and its storage of body fat is contingent upon the access and implementation of carbohydrates, and maintaining high levels of macroneutritional fat, moderate protein, and low carbohydrates, better utilizes these stores of body fat for energy overall and with proper lifestyle execution, will better handle the development of future body fat and the manufacturing of it.

But this is my own summation and relative generalization of it.

Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would recommend you try doing it for 2 months as you have started and you will know what works best for your body.

Anyone else trying something similar to my approach? I'm curious to see what other CKD'ers have to say.

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TeamCHRISTOPHER View Post
    Anyone else trying something similar to my approach? I'm curious to see what other CKD'ers have to say.
    I did it for about a month. If you are relatively lean, it may do as you say and be acceptable. If you are overweight, not seeing the numbers move quickly may drive you batty. It's easier to see progress with a straight cutting or bulking plan.

That's not to say recomps don't work, they just are harder to see progress. A long term recomp would probably pay dividends in the long run.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101