KrisEdwards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

back at the fat loss

Hey guys, I've been on here before and its a great site. Here's the story about 3 years ago I was at my heavies which was 372 pounds. I got in the gym and I lost 100 pounds and was feeling pretty good. Long story short I got a girl friend and blew back up to 352. Started a diet and got myself down to 326 in about 3 months with no working out. I started working out a little over a month ago and I'm down to 308 now. I just started Jim Stoppani's 6 week HIIT 100's last week. I'm doing this in the morning and then an afternoon cardio session. I do it in this order because I dont have to worry about not being able to get on the equipment I need to do the workout. Now after this 6 week workout is over I was thinking about doing Kris Gethin's 4 week DTP program and then going back and doing 6 more weeks of the HIIT 100's just to change the workout program up and change my eating up so that my body doesn't get use to the same thing.

My cardio is 20 minutes on the treadmill at a speed walk/jog speed.
    20 minutes of elipical at a modified HIIT. 3 minute warm up then 30 seconds all out followed by 1 minute slow pace cooled down done until 17 minutes and then a 3 minute cool down
    20 minutes of treadmill again at a walk just to loosen things up and get my heart rate down.
    So 1 hour of cardio a day on top of my workout.

My diet is in check you can tell since I lost a decent amount of weight just on the diet. I eat 5 times a day with 2-3 gallons of water. High protein/low carb/moderate fats. Sundays are a high calorie day with higher carbs just to reengergize but they are clean carbs not fast food carbs. So what are your guys opionions on changing things up like this?

If you want to look the workouts up you'll have to do it since I cant post links yet. But its jim stoppani's 6 week HIIT 100's and Kris Gethins 4 week DTP program.

No body has any thoughts?

unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KrisEdwards View Post
    No body has any thoughts?
    Personally, I think you should avoid all cardio, powerlift, and eat 2000 calories a day without avoiding things like "fast food" calories (as you avoid these because you were programmed to believe some foods are better than others - for fat loss, even though only calories and macronutrients matter). I think, if you continue down this path, you will lose significant muscle mass, devastate your metabolism, become skinny-fat (if you are lucky enough to be compliant long enough to actually move from your weight to a low enough weight to earn the skinny-fat label), and you will eventually put it all back on, like you did last time, once you go back to eating like a normal person.

These are just my thoughts and most may disagree with me, but you asked for people's thoughts and here are mine.

Best of luck.

Originally Posted by unleashthelion View Post
    Personally, I think you should avoid all cardio, powerlift, and eat 2000 calories a day without avoiding things like "fast food" calories (as you avoid these because you were programmed to believe some foods are better than others - for fat loss, even though only calories and macronutrients matter). I think, if you continue down this path, you will lose significant muscle mass, devastate your metabolism, become skinny-fat (if you are lucky enough to be compliant long enough to actually move from your weight to a low enough weight to earn the skinny-fat label), and you will eventually put it all back on, like you did last time, once you go back to eating like a normal person.

These are just my thoughts and most may disagree with me, but you asked for people's thoughts and here are mine.

Best of luck.
    Not being a smart ass or anything so dont take it that way I'm just asking. How would this devastate my metabolism? for this 6 weeks i'm on a hard cut diet but that 4 week program is a mass gaining routine where I would eat a lot more calories a long with more carbs which wouldn't allow my body to get use to the same foods. I'm not saying your wrong or anything I just would like more to back it up, thats how you learn.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would prioritize lifting over cardio mate, especially given what happened in the past with your weight. You will have lost muscle along with the fat initially, but the regain will have been all fat. Yoyo weight changes devastate lean body mass.

Cardio does very little to widen your deficit compared to restricting food intake, and weightlifting is far more beneficial to you long term.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    I would prioritize lifting over cardio mate, especially given what happened in the past with your weight. You will have lost muscle along with the fat initially, but the regain will have been all fat. Yoyo weight changes devastate lean body mass.

Cardio does very little to widen your deficit compared to restricting food intake, and weightlifting is far more beneficial to you long term.
    I actually eat more on my diet then when I wasn't dieting. Before I started my diet I ate once a day. I don't know if that matters in what you are saying.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I actually eat more on my diet then when I wasn't dieting. Before I started my diet I ate once a day. I don't know if that matters in what you are saying.
    How often you eat means nothing, all that matters is how much you eat (calories) and the macronutrient composition of it (protein, fats, carbs).

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    How often you eat means nothing, all that matters is how much you eat (calories) and the macronutrient composition of it (protein, fats, carbs).
    I can give you a quick look at what my diet usually looks like, it varies a little. But calories 2300 protein-215g carbs 50 g fat 70g. How many calories should I be eating so I dont lose a ton of muscle but still cut fat?

I can give you a quick look at what my diet usually looks like, it varies a little. But calories 2300 protein-215g carbs 50 g fat 70g. How many calories should I be eating so I dont lose a ton of muscle but still cut fat?
    That looks fine, try it and adjust as necessary.