Thread: DIY Equipment?

Registered User StaffOfPower314's Avatar
    StaffOfPower314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question DIY Equipment?

So, I have a pull up bar, not to mention a gym membership.

But I'm bored, I have a little bit of money to spend today, and I've been wanting to mess around with DIY stuff for a little while, just to see what happens.

Anyone know of any simple lat Pulldown systems that I could make for fairly cheap?

I was thinking one with pulleys, otherwise it would be over and done with really fast, and not even worth it.

But yeah, if anyone has anything, please let me know. Instructions would be nice too, rather than just a diagram or picture or something.

Also, regardless, what would be a good item to use for a loading pin?

Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you have a pull up bar, why not just get some resistance bands (if you want to use less than bodyweight)?
    If you want to do more than bodyweight, a DIY weight belt with a pool noodle and chain with some weight plates is simple, or invest in some heavier ankle weights or a vest.
    My point is you won't gain any additional benefit over what you've already got going by making a pulley pull-down, but spending money on those other pieces will allow you to do more.

If you are looking to make a pulley system you can use for doing exercises other than simple pull-downs, no matter how you design it, having sufficient anchoring is key. You will want to bolt it down and/or attach it to something very sturdy.

Ultimately, the design you use is going to depend on how you what exercises you want to perform with the unit, and what space you have to work with.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #5 ()---()
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #10 -!!!---!!!-

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
    Winston Churchill

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
    Mahatma Gandhi

sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sherman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A while ago I was thinking about a cable crossover/lat pulldown setup that hung from a barbell. Never brought it to market. I did prepare a user guide pdf that might give a few ideas for your DIY.

www.shermworks.com/cpkguide.pdf

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sherman View Post
    A while ago I was thinking about a cable crossover/lat pulldown setup that hung from a barbell. Never brought it to market. I did prepare a user guide pdf that might give a few ideas for your DIY.

www.shermworks.com/cpkguide.pdf
    Nice idea

thanks for sharing it, sometimes the simple things get overlooked
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()