wassermanjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Failing at getting big arms

Hello. I started working out around October of last year. I started by going to the gym once a week, but since January, I've been going two to three times a week. My build is very small. I am 5'4.5" and around 116 lb. However, I do have a good amount of muscle and 10% ish body fat (I guess sort of like a Bruce Lee build just not as developed obviously).

I have been seeing good gains in my upper back and chest, even legs. However, my arms remain pretty skinny.

Any suggestions? I want thicker, stronger-looking arms. I currently do dumbbell curls, barbell curls, tricep-pull downs on a machine, and deltoid raises with dumbbells. Nothing seems to really make my arms pop.

iSlay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Try Isolations, and really focusing on your form- then get your weight down. Also remember that your bi's and tri's get trained secondarily depending on your exercises for that day.

Also, its hard to get a complete idea on how big your arms are. I have been told my arms are yolked but to me I ALWAYS feel like they could be bigger. It probably has something to do with the way we see ourselves in the mirror. Like most problems < lol.

But yeah, do preachers bro

lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try alternating Hammer curls too.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What age are you?

You can't expect big arms at a buck ten, even if you are short.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wassermanjs View Post
    Hello. I started working out around October of last year. I started by going to the gym once a week, but since January, I've been going two to three times a week. My build is very small. I am 5'4.5" and around 116 lb. However, I do have a good amount of muscle and 10% ish body fat (I guess sort of like a Bruce Lee build just not as developed obviously).

I have been seeing good gains in my upper back and chest, even legs. However, my arms remain pretty skinny.

Any suggestions? I want thicker, stronger-looking arms. I currently do dumbbell curls, barbell curls, tricep-pull downs on a machine, and deltoid raises with dumbbells. Nothing seems to really make my arms pop.
    You're small and skinny. If you gain 5lb of muscle, it will be visible on your chest, back and legs as you mentioned because these are big muscle groups. Bic is very small compared to these muscles so for every 5lb of muscle you may get 0.2lb or something on your actual bic. Oh and 2/3 of the arm is actually tric. You should eat more so that you gain weight steadily, say 0.5lb per week. After all your muscles aren't gonna appear by magic.
    Getting me some gains

Lifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154103&p=103762993#post10302993
    My lifting gear part 1 (bodysolid power rack, bench, lat attachment) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1509633
    My lifting gear part 2 (bodypower weights, texas power bar) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151184793&p=1011390903#post10110903