turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lower back pain from squat, need feedback (video).

Hi, i've been doing starting strength consistently for a few months now and am progressing pretty well. My squats gone up from 40kg to 80kg but i've had some lower back discomfort for a few weeks now. Im not sure if it's from work or from weights. It doesn't bother me when squatting, only the day after and it isn't painful i can just feel a bit of discomfort on the lower right side of my back. I looked into it and read up about lower back rounding during squats and got a video of me doing a few reps. How can i fix my back rounding?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFK4o...ature=youtu.be

amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by turokturok5 View Post
    Hi, i've been doing starting strength consistently for a few months now and am progressing pretty well. My squats gone up from 40kg to 80kg but i've had some lower back discomfort for a few weeks now. Im not sure if it's from work or from weights. It doesn't bother me when squatting, only the day after and it isn't painful i can just feel a bit of discomfort on the lower right side of my back. I looked into it and read up about lower back rounding during squats and got a video of me doing a few reps. How can i fix my back rounding?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFK4o...ature=youtu.be
    Your form looks fine however i would be willing to bet that you have a flexibility issue in your hamstring and tightness in your glutes. How does your warm up/mobility/stretching look like pre-workout? if any?

tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) tnsguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Probably due to tight hips and hamstrings. Focus on stretching them as well as doing mobility work for them. There are tons of exercises and stretches for them, and just doing it a few times a day for 10 minutes or so each time should help. Also, SS tends to be a tight light on the back work (pulling movements), and a weaker back can lead to back strength issues, so making sure you have a tight back helps as well.

turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) turokturok5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by amgben View Post
    Your form looks fine however i would be willing to bet that you have a flexibility issue in your hamstring and tightness in your glutes. How does your warm up/mobility/stretching look like pre-workout? if any?
    I do 3 warm-up sets with 40/60/80% of the weight and do about 3 sets of stretches which include :
    sitting down and reaching for toes, hold for 10 secs
    10 toe touches
    quad stretches for 10 secs
    static hip flexor stretch for 10 secs

should i be doing more?

Thanks for the replies too, in terms of flexibility how flexible do your hamstrings need to be? I can bend over and place all 5 fingers on the ground.

amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your warm up routine seems fine. you should consider incorporating a foam roller into your warm-up routine. you should flexible enough to do a complete atg (or close to it) bodyweight squat without considerable lower back rounding.

also try this

http://youtu.be/uCmcNSmvHMM

this has helped alot of people i know.

Ok mate i'll give it a try, thanks a lot.

chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It also looks like your chest is falling forward just a bit, focus on keeping it up throughout the lift and your back should round less. And what others have said flexibility seems to be contributing to the rounding aswell.