Page 179 of 305 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 279 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,370 of 9134
    Hairiest ass on the misc biggoron's Avatar
    biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I feel awful if i run after i eat. Like a lump in my stomach churning around.

After, water and a banana
    LEO

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by theACEofSPADES View Post
    For those that run first thing in the morning, what do you eat or drink prior? Or do you just head out and run?
    BCAA + this ginger+lemon+garlic concotion

Originally Posted by dailob View Post
    it's hot enough here during the summer months in NY... have no idea how you bear through that weather overseas LOL
    lol brah, its the humidity that gets ya. Its awesome to run in HK from NOV-FEB imo, the weather's fantastic during that period.

Originally Posted by MissChill View Post
    Quick question. Totally forgot all running nutrition I once knew. What do you guize eat/drink after a run? I vaguely remember having to replace sugar/salts lost but das it. Is there any benefits to drinking proton shake? Like after lifting? (Cos that's what I've been doing and having a banana) #noobagain
    yea definitely. I believe it aids in recovery. not sure if there's any science behind it, but I reckon its pretty similar to lifting nutrition.
    personally I just down a bcaa shake with extra leucine. Not much appetite after a run.

Originally Posted by zzfh View Post
    looking for this thread for the last 2 weeks..

couple of questions,i have despised running for years,but i feel its a huge weakness for me,i'm finding it hard to keep active since leaving work and want to get into it now..

my best 5k time is 23:40 from about 3 years ago,during football season,so at peak fitness as it were.

what do you guys think about running?srs?

all my brain tells me is 'stop,stop,you cant go on,this sucks' etc etc

where s the best place to start? doing long mind numbing runs40-60 min, or break it up into 1k rest 1k rest etc?
    Set a distance and just run it. don't time yourself and just run relaxed..

Originally Posted by MrBungle11 View Post
    Got a quick 5km out this morning before work and managed to trip over and bloody up my right arm and wrist. Another perk to running in the early morning, no one is around to see me.
    lol dem feels.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Quick question. Totally forgot all running nutrition I once knew. What do you guize eat/drink after a run? I vaguely remember having to replace sugar/salts lost but das it. Are there any benefits to drinking proton shake? Like after lifting? (Cos that's what I've been doing and having a banana) #noobagain
    The rule of thumb is 2:1 carbs : protein ratio for recovery meal (3:1 for very long or hard runs). You really don't need anything if your run is shorter than 40 minutes, though. As for electrolytes, I just make sure I get enough potassium and magnesium on the reg. (not specifically post-run) and post-run I straight up eat table salt. Why? Sodium is the electrolyte we sweat out the most, that's all.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quick question. Totally forgot all running nutrition I once knew. What do you guize eat/drink after a run? I vaguely remember having to replace sugar/salts lost but das it. Are there any benefits to drinking proton shake? Like after lifting? (Cos that's what I've been doing and having a banana) #noobagain
    I have zero appetite after running so find it hard to eat so usually have a sports bar (like a PowerBar). Banana & protein drink is actually a good mix. Drinking wise, get a sports drink into you to replace any lost electrolytes if its a longer run, otherwise I stick to water.
    *Cluster Headache Crew* If you also suffer and need help/advice on it, PM me

MissChill has the mod powerz MissChill has the mod powerz MissChill has the mod powerz MissChill has the mod powerz MissChill has the mod powerz MissChill has the mod powerz MissChill has the mod powerz MissChill has the mod powerz MissChill has the mod powerz MissChill has the mod powerz MissChill has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    The rule of thumb is 2:1 carbs : protein ratio for recovery meal. You really don't need anything if your run is shorter than 40 minutes, though. As for electrolytes, I just make sure I get enough potassium and magnesium on the reg. (not specifically post-run) and post-run I straight up eat table salt. Why? Sodium is the electrolyte we sweat out the most, that's all.
    Wow carbs>protonz. It's shirley been a long time! But kewl my weekly runs atm are only 40 mins, so I guess I don't need to worry much yet but good for future and my longer weekend run. And lmao, you just eat actual table salt? Or add extra to food. I remember I used to add salt to everything back when my mileage was insane. Running is such a different ball game. I duno what I'm doing jpeg.

I have zero appetite after running so find it hard to eat so usually have a sports bar (like a PowerBar). Banana & protein drink is actually a good mix. Drinking wise, get a sports drink into you to replace any lost electrolytes if its a longer run, otherwise I stick to water.
    Yes I feel you. I have a shake then 30 mins later a mashed banana (like a baby ). I discovered this week there is now a Powerade Zero! (The blue one hnnng). There wasn't a sugar free version in my day!
    ☆ pUniCepts Appreciation Crew ☆ Owner ☆ Σ ☆

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL yes, I do eat table salt (poured into my hand). That's just because I'm a heavy sweater and have low blood pressure, so doctors just told me to eat salt, and it really helps--I'm not sure everyone has to do that, though.

Yeah, nothing like running to remind you of the importance of carbs. It'll come back to you!
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This, I have zero appetite after any physical activity. However after about an hour post-workout extreme hunger hits.

Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fiz-iks View Post
    How did you avoid injuries with all of that training?
    I had/have a good mileage base and I've built my legs up over the years to withstand some extreme mileage. There was a period before the military where I was running 150 miles while cycling 200-300 miles a week. I probably won't go back to cycling like that but I'm averaging 90 miles ran a week at the moment on top of my military obligations(Morning PT, field training, etc).

The vast majority of my running is at or around an endurance pace(8-8:30 mile and 135-140 BPM). It is on the higher side for HR if we're talking endurance for me but because of my size(I'm huge for an ultra runner) it tends to make sense and I feel really good at that pace.

Also, I think I have the body type and bio-mechanics not so much for running but to really take a beating and keep going. I am a runner through practice versus being a natural runner. I haven't had any shin splints or stress fractures all be it an x-ray on my feet says otherwise. I have tiny healed hairline stress fractures all over my feet. We did it for giggles on day when another soldier came in after we suspected he had a lateral avulsion fracture. Typical of soldiers after being in for years we saw he had a fair share of those past stress fractures so we decided to do mine to compare. I kind of freaked out my PA and the MD at the time after my x-ray came back.

what do you guys think about running?srs?

where s the best place to start? doing long mind numbing runs40-60 min, or break it up into 1k rest 1k rest etc?
    Running allows me to have a pause on the day. I literally don't have think about anything, no cares, I can reflect on the day ahead or what I did during the day and no one is bugging me. I don't carry my phone unless I'm going really far or some backwoods area.

Also, I run because a lot of people cannot.

Re: Eating.

You could just eat while you run. After I like a beer and watery fruits.
    Last edited by Daegus; 08-19-2014 at 11:20 PM.
    US Army

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I make a smoothie using kefir, various fruits, some greens (like spinach and/or kale), and some raw honey after my runs. I probably could eat a whole meal, but I like having something convenient and it gets my fruits and veggie intake up.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not a runner but I do wear them there Nike Runner 5" inseam shorts on leg day @ the gym. Gotta love having dat dere low vastus medialis insertion. Feels bad when people @ gym ask 'how do I get my legs like that?' and I tell them its mostly genetics bruhhhhhhhh. (That's about the only thing genetically I have going for me)
    The pure present is an ungraspable advance of the past devouring the future. In truth, all sensation is already memory.

525/365/575

www.hopeforpaws.org

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The rule of thumb is 2:1 carbs : protein ratio for recovery meal (3:1 for very long or hard runs). You really don't need anything if your run is shorter than 40 minutes, though. As for electrolytes, I just make sure I get enough potassium and magnesium on the reg. (not specifically post-run) and post-run I straight up eat table salt. Why? Sodium is the electrolyte we sweat out the most, that's all.
    this
    "Paper money is going away" - EM

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matw View Post
    This, I have zero appetite after any physical activity. However after about an hour post-workout extreme hunger hits.
    better to force some food in afterward than waiting for the HUNGER to set in...
    "Paper money is going away" - EM

zzfh is a name known to all. (+5000) zzfh is a name known to all. (+5000) zzfh is a name known to all. (+5000) zzfh is a name known to all. (+5000) zzfh is a name known to all. (+5000) zzfh is a name known to all. (+5000) zzfh is a name known to all. (+5000) zzfh is a name known to all. (+5000) zzfh is a name known to all. (+5000) zzfh is a name known to all. (+5000) zzfh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    k another couple of questions..

1.do you guys find running interferes with your squat progress or vice versa?

2.how many days should i do starting off..?

im thinking,mon gym... tue run...wed gym...thurs run...fri gym...sat run ??
    Always finds something wrong with everything crew*

sit there and don't know what to do when people sing happy birthday to me crew*

Thread killer crew*

____( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)__________ BabyOilBrah's Avatar
    BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    k another couple of questions..

1.do you guys find running interferes with your squat progress or vice versa?

2.how many days should i do starting off..?

im thinking,mon gym... tue run...wed gym...thurs run...fri gym...sat run ??
    you just need to find a balance, and realize when to go heavy and when to go light. I squat 3x a week and run 3-4x a week with no issues. Also start with easier/lighter work and build it up as you build up your runs, don't go run like 8-10 mi and squat a 10x10, you'll die.

I'd start but running at least 3x a week, and squat twice a week and build from there.

dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I also like beating people in races.

There's something so primally satisfying about outpacing another member of the human pack. And you're both trying your best, but you are simply stronger, better, faster--you leave them behind. And then in a future race they may leave you behind and being rightfully beaten has its pleasures, too. There's the pleasure of having tried so hard and falling short--a pleasure that crystallizes into self-knowledge, knowledge about the hard edges and boundaries of the world, and determination to be better--a better runner and a better person.
    yes, it's definitely nice to pass people... it's an ego lifter haha

Originally Posted by biggoron View Post
    I feel awful if i run after i eat. Like a lump in my stomach churning around.

After, water and a banana
    my brother eats a bowl of cereal with milk and then runs after - have no idea how he does it lol
    100% 中國人

Hairiest ass on the misc biggoron's Avatar
    biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) biggoron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

my brother eats a bowl of cereal with milk and then runs after - have no idea how he does it lol
    I used to goto the gym, come home, have a shake, then run... lasted 2 weeks. just felt AWFUL
    LEO

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It depends on the duration of your run and intensity. If it's a short run, for me that's less than an hour, I don't bother with nutrition during the run or after the run. Over an hour, I eat an electorlyte Gu pack like Hammer Nutrition or PowerBar gels.

After the run, unless it's over 1.5 hours I don't do anything. Maybe a chocolate milk or something that has some protein in it at a 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein. The protein helps rebuild the damaged muscle fibers but it's not nearly as important like after lifting and bodybuilding.

DarDardz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarDardz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarDardz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarDardz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarDardz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarDardz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarDardz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarDardz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarDardz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarDardz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarDardz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Brought some Nike Frees a week ago.
    First pair of "minimal" running shoes.
    Anyone have any experience with them?

So far the only new thing I have noticed is that my lower legs hurt and get worked alot more when I run in them compared to my other running shoes.
    No Fap since Feb 3/2013.
    IF & IIFYM

"Such an attitude stems from a tragic misconception of time, from the strangely irrational notion that there is something in the very flow of time that will inevitably cure all ills. Actually, time itself is neutral; it can be used either destructively or constructively." - MLK

____( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)__________ BabyOilBrah's Avatar
    BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    hit a nice easy 3.4 miler this morning with one crazy hill in the middle, I was fine though. Gonna run again tonight with the wife lol. And I just finished squatting.

Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    question:
    for you guys and gals that do marathons, typically how many days would you start your carb loading and complete resting days before your race? I have my first marathon on sunday and thinking of taking off from running/exercising in general for the rest of the week but i feel like i might go a bit stir crazy? should I try just biking/eliptical and weights any suggestions.
    Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jubjubrsx View Post
    question:
    for you guys and gals that do marathons, typically how many days would you start your carb loading and complete resting days before your race? I have my first marathon on sunday and thinking of taking off from running/exercising in general for the rest of the week but i feel like i might go a bit stir crazy? should I try just biking/eliptical and weights any suggestions.
    You should have followed some kind of tapering schedule for about, two to three weeks leading up to your race.

I would recommend running like, 4-6 at goal race pace tomorrow, Friday off, 2-3 easy on Saturday, race Sunday. Avoid lifting, increase carbs starting three days out, get plenty of sleep, relax.

What time you going for and what are your current PR's for 5k, 10k, half marathon?
    Last edited by AnonyMiscD; 08-20-2014 at 03:32 PM.

jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AnonyMiscD View Post
    You should have followed some kind of tapering schedule for about, two to three weeks leading up to your race.

I would recommend running like, 4-6 at goal race pace tomorrow, Friday off, 2-3 easy on Saturday, race Sunday. Avoid lifting, increase carbs starting three days out, get plenty of sleep, relax.

What time you going for and what are your current PR's for 5k, 10k, half marathon?
    lol yeaaaaaaah i'll be honest i didnt really follow a plan by anymeans....to each their own for the most part i'll go run a 10k everyday, and sundays i will do a long run of 16miles atleast but tapered it off to 10 last weekend.

current PR's
    5k = 19min
    10k = 40mins (but usually go 46mins is my average)
    half = 1:35.xx

im shooting for around 4hr -4:30 is my goal atleast at the moment
    Just say no to Carbs

AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AnonyMiscD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jubjubrsx View Post
    lol yeaaaaaaah i'll be honest i didnt really follow a plan by anymeans....to each their own for the most part i'll go run a 10k everyday, and sundays i will do a long run of 16miles atleast but tapered it off to 10 last weekend.

current PR's
    5k = 19min
    10k = 40mins (but usually go 46mins is my average)
    half = 1:35.xx

im shooting for around 4hr -4:30 is my goal atleast at the moment
    Your PRs show that you kinda fall off between 10k and HM.

According to McMillan:

Your 5k PR would suggest a 3:05:xx
    Your 10k PR would suggest a 3:07:xx
    Your HM PR would suggest a 3:17:xx

I'm assuming you are running Santa Rosa Marathon. Looks fairly flat and fast for the most part, but I see that it's all uphill from mile 19.5 to finish. Not significant elevation gain, but that still sucks lol.

Originally Posted by AnonyMiscD View Post
    Your PRs show that you kinda fall off between 10k and HM.

According to McMillan:

Your 5k PR would suggest a 3:05:xx
    Your 10k PR would suggest a 3:07:xx
    Your HM PR would suggest a 3:17:xx

I'm assuming you are running Santa Rosa Marathon. Looks fairly flat and fast for the most part, but I see that it's all uphill from mile 19.5 to finish. Not significant elevation gain, but that still sucks lol.
    well i used my most recent half marathon which was the San Francisco marathon (dem hills ftl) so yeah probably a bit of a fall off and yes i am running the santa rosa marathon (anyone else gonna be there?) I think im thinking about this way to hard.
    Just say no to Carbs

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BabyOilBrah View Post
    hit a nice easy 3.4 miler this morning with one crazy hill in the middle, I was fine though. Gonna run again tonight with the wife lol. And I just finished squatting.
    I like easy running after some squatting or conditioning workouts (eg. burpees/swings supersets), sorta helps ease out the tension. Especially the day after, really helps with the stiffness..

hahaha on the weekends when i feel especially unmotivated, i like to head down to the track and just overtake the walkers and the elderly joggers, dat dere feels.

Originally Posted by Elliptical Envy View Post
    I make a smoothie using kefir, various fruits, some greens (like spinach and/or kale), and some raw honey after my runs. I probably could eat a whole meal, but I like having something convenient and it gets my fruits and veggie intake up.
    Do you use powders or the raw veges? I tried kelp powder recently.. jeebus christ, tasted exactly like pond scum.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �

Originally Posted by LOOKATTHATSHINE View Post
    I'm not a runner but I do wear them there Nike Runner 5" inseam shorts on leg day @ the gym. Gotta love having dat dere low vastus medialis insertion. Feels bad when people @ gym ask 'how do I get my legs like that?' and I tell them its mostly genetics bruhhhhhhhh. (That's about the only thing genetically I have going for me)
    fuuarrk.. accidentally negged while trying to rep you bud. my bad. will hit you back when I can.
    � Jerry West �

LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LOOKATTHATSHINE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by muruku View Post
    fuuarrk.. accidentally negged while trying to rep you bud. my bad. will hit you back when I can.
    lol I just got done reading my CP thinking 'what the hell was that for?' no harm no foul. will ROR.
    The pure present is an ungraspable advance of the past devouring the future. In truth, all sensation is already memory.

525/365/575

www.hopeforpaws.org

matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What would be considered good time for 2 miles?

MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For me personally bout 12-13mins but I'm no speed demon. Maybe under 9-10mins? What's your time?
    *Cluster Headache Crew* If you also suffer and need help/advice on it, PM me

Greg14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Greg14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Greg14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Greg14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Greg14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Greg14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Greg14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Greg14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Greg14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Greg14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Greg14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    a good time would be better than your previous best!

Page 179 of 305 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 279 ... LastLast