Page 263 of 305 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,890 of 9135
    Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MakersMark101 View Post
    Sup brahs? In late January I literally could not run a mile non stop, no matter the pace. The best I could do was a mile in 13 minutes.

Fast forward to today, and I cranked out a 10k this morning on the treadmill on an empty stomach. I'm pretty proud of the time considering where I came from. 3 months ago I'd have laughed if you said I'd be running 6.2 miles in less than an hour....or 6.2 miles period.

Anyway, I'm using a Garmin Fenix 3HR with a calibrated foot pod and HRM run strap. I absolutely love getting all of the running dynamics and stuff like that. Even tells me what foot I tend to keep on the ground longer, it has definitely helped my form! I pronate severely so I use a guide shoe and blue superfeet. I think I'm all squared away.

My only issue is, 2 miles is about my max as far as running non stop. How can I increase this? I've ran a 5k non stop before, but it was at a slow pace. How do I increase speed/stamina? I feel like I'm already doing what I need to be doing, just not seeing results as fast as I'd like.

Stats from this run, if it helps. In the second pic, the dips in the blue "pace" field show where I had to slow down to a fast walk. I'm not sure what makes me slow down, but it seems like a combination of being winded and leg exhaustion. Although neither one of those things seems to be more prominent than the other.

Jesus dude, 166 avg HR, what did you expect? I don't know what your max hr is but I can bet you are near 85-90% of max hr meaning you are doing VO2 max work/ Threshold work. Saying that you started running in January and still can only run 2 miles at a time it is clear you need to slow down and have most of your mileage at E pace (or pace at which you can hold a conversation). 1 or 2 sessions a week can be fartlek/tempo running but bulk of miles (5 out of 7 days) need to be easy paced running to better develop your aerobic engine, capillary beds, mitochondria quantity and density, hemoglobin levels, neuro-muscular pathways, leg muscularity and endurance. All those benefits are obtained through easy paced running which lays the foundation for future hard pace running/threshold work.

Like others before me, I highly recommend fully reading Jack Daniel's Running Formula V3 or check out his short running lecture videos on youtube to get a glimpse into his philosophy. He advocates for his V dot 02 system instead of traditional HR training. It's a more absolute way of training.

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

aksnowbrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aksnowbrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aksnowbrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aksnowbrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aksnowbrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aksnowbrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aksnowbrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aksnowbrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aksnowbrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aksnowbrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aksnowbrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey guys, just saw this thread so i figured id ask you guys

i started getting into running recently with the goal in mind of getting down to a 13:30 2 mile. Closest I've gotten so far was a 1.6 mile at 7:30 pace.

My problem is, when i get to about .3-.5 miles i start getting shooting pains with every impact, it goes through my ankles, tibias and sometimes bridge of the feet. I can't really figure out whats causing it. Ive tried 4-5 different pairs of shoes, ankle brace (this helped for a while but now its back with or without the brace), pretty much everything i can think of short of going to a podiatrist. Is that my only next step? I run every other day. My cardio isn't the issue, Im no where near gassed by the time i have to tap out i just can't focus on anything but the pain. At first it would last up to about 30-45 min after i stopped running, now it goes away pretty much immediately after i stop but it still persists every time i run.

What can i do brahs
    Cologne Crew
    Seahawks Crew
    Honda Crew

Stats: 5'11", 202 lbs (May 2013)

Bench: 275x3, 305x1
    Squat: 405x3, 425x1
    Standing military press: 185x3, 205x1
    Deadlift (Jan 2013): 455x3, 495x1

Nicklol has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nicklol has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nicklol has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nicklol has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nicklol has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nicklol has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nicklol has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nicklol has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nicklol has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nicklol has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Nicklol has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just started running for the first time in these past few months..I run 2 miles straight at the end of my 2 hour weight sessions 4 times a week..I can do 2 miles in 15 mins now..
    Is that considered good? Considering im 210 pounds.

Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aksnowbrder View Post

i started getting into running recently with the goal in mind of getting down to a 13:30 2 mile. Closest I've gotten so far was a 1.6 mile at 7:30 pace.

My problem is, when i get to about .3-.5 miles i start getting shooting pains with every impact, it goes through my ankles, tibias and sometimes bridge of the feet. I can't really figure out whats causing it. Ive tried 4-5 different pairs of shoes, ankle brace (this helped for a while but now its back with or without the brace), pretty much everything i can think of short of going to a podiatrist. Is that my only next step? I run every other day. My cardio isn't the issue, Im no where near gassed by the time i have to tap out i just can't focus on anything but the pain. At first it would last up to about 30-45 min after i stopped running, now it goes away pretty much immediately after i stop but it still persists every time i run.

What can i do brahs
    couple things come to mind
    1. what shoes did you try? I mainly ask because kind of moot point if all are exactly the same IE a supinator/neutral/over pronator. do they all have the same lift in the heel IE 8mm/12mm/etc?

2. are you just hopping on the treadmill and going balls out? I like to walk at a brisk pace for 5-10minutes before starting a slow job, then building my way up to my goal speed

3. hows your running posture, leaning forward backward body in allginment strait up and down?

I have to admit it sounds like a shoe problem to me, like you are a over pronator and got supinator shoes, or the arch support is slightly off causing you to run awkward... I had this problem when I tried a pair of mizuno wave's vs my saucony guide's.
    Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000) Admired is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by aksnowbrder View Post

What can i do brahs
    Sounds like mild shin splints. Also ensure the your not over striding and landing under your center of mass. It doesn't matter if you heel strike or fore foot/mid foot strike as long as the bulk of your weight upon impact is in the middle. I think your running mechanics running at that fast rate is giving you your issues as well as not properly warming up.

KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sup guys? I haven't posted in here for like a year

I've been dealing with patellofemoral pain syndrome and I'm doing some slow jogging atm that I can do pretty pain free by now for 20+ mins...

Does anybody have any tips of how to get back into sprinting? I.e. What should the progression/process look like? I literally have no idea of the best way to ease back in

ty

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Admired View Post
    Jesus dude, 166 avg HR, what did you expect? I don't know what your max hr is but I can bet you are near 85-90% of max hr meaning you are doing VO2 max work/ Threshold work. Saying that you started running in January and still can only run 2 miles at a time it is clear you need to slow down and have most of your mileage at E pace (or pace at which you can hold a conversation). 1 or 2 sessions a week can be fartlek/tempo running but bulk of miles (5 out of 7 days) need to be easy paced running to better develop your aerobic engine, capillary beds, mitochondria quantity and density, hemoglobin levels, neuro-muscular pathways, leg muscularity and endurance. All those benefits are obtained through easy paced running which lays the foundation for future hard pace running/threshold work.

Like others before me, I highly recommend fully reading Jack Daniel's Running Formula V3 or check out his short running lecture videos on youtube to get a glimpse into his philosophy. He advocates for his V dot 02 system instead of traditional HR training. It's a more absolute way of training.
    Hmm, I dont know much about tracking my heart rate or what to keep it at when running. But the only time I test it is on a treadmill and it's always around 165ish, I thought that was normal for running?
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nicklol View Post
    Just started running for the first time in these past few months..I run 2 miles straight at the end of my 2 hour weight sessions 4 times a week..I can do 2 miles in 15 mins now..
    Is that considered good? Considering im 210 pounds.
    In my opinion, anything under a 8m/mile is above average. So yeah you're doing fine, especially at 210. My 2 mile would be around 14 but I'm 170
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vayne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The highest my heart rate got on a treadmill is 185 and it wasn't that long, outside it reached 189.
    I never try anything I just do it!

stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have watched Jack Daniels and 180 s.p.m caught my eyes.
    I did some reading and found out that some conflicting opinions, some say it is possible to go in whatever speed/pace with 180 s.p.m, some say it is not possible. What do you think?
    Doesn't 180 s.p.m forces you to breathe in and out faster? As one step equals to breathe in/out. i.e. 2 -2. I notice if I breathe faster, I would somehow last shorter in my run. Anyway, my fitness level could be a factor. And, I wonder how would it (breathing faster,as 180 s.p.m demand faster breathing compared to 160 s.p.m) help with running economy, or I have misunderstood the concepts of breathing and 180 s.p.m.?

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm getting better at running as I lose weight/mass. Being 195 and even if it is within the healthy BF% it doesn't make me a good runner.

Slimming down to 175. I'll be both lean and lighter. These 14'ers out here will lighten up a bit too.

jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ran a race today, ended up first in age group. i'll take the little victories, pushed about a 7min mile over the 10miles

going to do a full keto diet, come next week, so kind of putting an experiment used this race as a basis for the most part to judge my performance gathering data such as: I felt at the end of the race, what the weather was like, how exhausted I was, what I ate pre-race, etc.

I've been reading alot lately that quite a few people are switching to a fat-adapted running vs the carb running. I'm interested to try it out for myself.
    Just say no to Carbs

EE Student Master Race Rayaarito's Avatar
    Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bros. I sprinted for the first time in years on Wednesday. Only 4 bouts of 100m before my head started throbbing (read online and it said it was most likely due to dehydration?) . My groin area and upper quads are still sore as fuark. Normal? I want to bring my distance time down so I wanted to start Plyometrics and Sprinting.

Do BCAAs really help with recovery?

Originally Posted by Rayaarito View Post

Do BCAAs really help with recovery?
    IMO no they dont really help, if you have a protien shake or REAL FOOD should have all the stuff in it you need. everything I've read states that BCAA's only really help if you train fasted and basically its a fuel source your body will use. Heard a few cases that it prevented fatloss because your body used the BCAA's to fuel their workout, and not fat or glucose.

Just a waste of money but I will admit they do taste good. but thats my .02cents
    Just say no to Carbs

enzo818 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) enzo818 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) enzo818 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) enzo818 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) enzo818 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) enzo818 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) enzo818 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) enzo818 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) enzo818 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) enzo818 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) enzo818 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jubjubrsx View Post
    ran a race today, ended up first in age group. i'll take the little victories, pushed about a 7min mile over the 10miles

going to do a full keto diet, come next week, so kind of putting an experiment used this race as a basis for the most part to judge my performance gathering data such as: I felt at the end of the race, what the weather was like, how exhausted I was, what I ate pre-race, etc.

I've been reading alot lately that quite a few people are switching to a fat-adapted running vs the carb running. I'm interested to try it out for myself.

Damn bro good job! 7 min miles over 10 miles is awesome!

SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So just jogging at a 12 min/mile pace even for just a quarter of a mile my HR is like 175-180 range. Am I a walking heart attack?

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Fresh off the presses!!!

Run the Red Marathon 3.19!!!!

http://luisrauldefreitas.blogspot.co...-marathon.html
    "Paper money is going away" - EM

Originally Posted by SystemTrend View Post
    So just jogging at a 12 min/mile pace even for just a quarter of a mile my HR is like 175-180 range. Am I a walking heart attack?
    Either your heat rate data is way off or your pacing is incorrect. You should be able to fast walk a 12 minute mile and your heart rate will surely stay under 120 bpm even an unconditioned person. If that data is true you are extremely out of shape, but I can't imagine that being correct.

Originally Posted by SystemTrend View Post
    are you completely out of breath, or feel lightheaded? if not i'd think your heart rate monitor is off, or could be picking up someone elses.
    Just say no to Carbs

SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Admired View Post
    Either your heat rate data is way off or your pacing is incorrect. You should be able to fast walk a 12 minute mile and your heart rate will surely stay under 120 bpm even an unconditioned person. If that data is true you are extremely out of shape, but I can't imagine that being correct.
    Originally Posted by jubjubrsx View Post
    are you completely out of breath, or feel lightheaded? if not i'd think your heart rate monitor is off, or could be picking up someone elses.
    No i feel fine, however that is my fastest speed that I can keep up for a while, if i try for a 10 minute per mile pace i have a hard time finishing 1 mile. I'm getting the speed and HR readings from a treadmill, so the HR could be off, but the speed isn't.

BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000) BwuK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Running a 11 mile race in less than 5 weeks, haven't done any running lately due to injuries and a whole host of reasons, did 3 miles yesterday and was pretty tough.

I'm not gonna make it am I boyos?

stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stu4rt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think, the last thing you want to do is to cram long runs the week before the race. I, once, did a long run practice (20km) one week before my 21km race and suffered during the race. In the 2nd 21km which I did 2 weeks after, I was able to hit my PR, which was not much, by not stressing myself the week before the race,ie long runs.

MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bros,

I could use some input. Have been training a lot for the last 2/3 months and got to a near peak level of fitness for me. Had built up to about 40 miles a week (which is a lot for me) and running pretty much every day. Am also on a calorie deficit and losing a decent amount of weight.

The last three runs have been a disaster. I don't mean I haven't been quite at the top of my game. I mean I can run 7km less than I usually do and a minute per km slower, then feel exhausted on the walk back (as I haven't even been able to make it home).

Why is this happening? I'm guessing it's either that I need rest (if so how long for?) or need to eat more. It feels like it did when I did keto a year or so back, just absolutely exhausted after a couple of km. Before the disastrous runs I felt comfortable every time.

Any advice much appreciated.

jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    anyone practice running away as a self defense / martial art?

heard of that somewhere

like what considerations would you have to implement in training to best run from a dangerous confrontation (like someone pulling a knife/multiple attackers)

am I overthinking it?
    ***No Breathe Crew (test levels through the roof)***

***No Eat Crew***

***0 test crew (up from negative)***

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrDevereaux View Post
    Bros,

I could use some input. Have been training a lot for the last 2/3 months and got to a near peak level of fitness for me. Had built up to about 40 miles a week (which is a lot for me) and running pretty much every day. Am also on a calorie deficit and losing a decent amount of weight.

The last three runs have been a disaster. I don't mean I haven't been quite at the top of my game. I mean I can run 7km less than I usually do and a minute per km slower, then feel exhausted on the walk back (as I haven't even been able to make it home).

Why is this happening? I'm guessing it's either that I need rest (if so how long for?) or need to eat more. It feels like it did when I did keto a year or so back, just absolutely exhausted after a couple of km. Before the disastrous runs I felt comfortable every time.

Any advice much appreciated.
    if u are on a big deficit then u need to run slower; start the run as a jog and go from there. Another good trick is to have some form of juice just before your run so u get some calories in before u start the run.
    "Paper money is going away" - EM

Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Foe1605 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AnonyMiscD View Post
    First off, runners world articles are generally rubbish.

Anyways, I ran 3:26 for my first marathon, 2:53 for my second, 2:37 for my third. The biggest single factor in improving my time was increasing mileage, and adding structured workouts.

When I ran my first marathon in 3:26, I was at ~25-30 miles/week of mostly running easy on very hilly routes, with the occasional all out mile or something.

My second marathon at 2:53 was at ~35-45 miles/week with pretty much everything run at or faster than marathon pace. I improved, but this was a super stupid way to train.

My third marathon at 2:37, I was at 80-100 miles/week, running doubles most days, and adding structured workouts. In addition to running a 2:37, I had breakout performances in every distance. During this training cycle, I ran a 1:13 half marathon, a 10:02 2-mile, and a 15:50 5k.

For this breakout training cycle, would typically do one workout per week, plus a long run Sunday. Everything else was easy running. My main run in the morning would be 10 miles or more, with a second run of 3-6 miles in the evening. The best marathon workouts for me were 5-8 x mile at half marathon pace, 10k tempo between half marathon and marathon pace, and 10 miles at marathon pace. Long run was usually 16-20 miles, with at least one run at 24 miles with only water and electrolyte tablets- no carbs. Once per month, the long run was 20 miles, with 10 easy/10 at marathon pace. I ran a few shorter races in there (5k, half marathon) to gauge my fitness levels and progress. Towards the end of my last cycle, I ran a workout consisting of 6 x 2 mile ~10 seconds/mile faster than marathon goal pace with half mile easy running between reps, so 16 miles at near marathon pace. All of this was done over a 4-month buildup followed by a 2-week taper.

My goal was a 2:35. I was on pace until around mile 18. Weather was about as bad as it could get that day with 15-20 mile/hour wind and rain. From mile 18-23ish, it was all running into headwind.

Lifting takes a backseat to running, if you want to get faster. While it does have its place, most energy should go into running.

An easy way to increase mileage without increasing overall fatigue is running twice per day. This will also aid in recovery.

Improving to BQ in 7 months or whatever isn't impossible, if you are able to significantly up your mileage and add in some workouts, while avoiding injury.

Good luck.
    Most people are in denial about what it really takes to improve your running. There are no shortcuts. It takes big mileage to be able to see improvement. Glad to hear you got a great result from your hard work.
    ✰ EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN' ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰

S&P Crew

MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrDevereaux has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by camaleom View Post
    if u are on a big deficit then u need to run slower; start the run as a jog and go from there. Another good trick is to have some form of juice just before your run so u get some calories in before u start the run.
    Thanks, will give this a try. Repped.

jeremy1ns is just really nice. (+1000) jeremy1ns is just really nice. (+1000) jeremy1ns is just really nice. (+1000) jeremy1ns is just really nice. (+1000) jeremy1ns is just really nice. (+1000) jeremy1ns is just really nice. (+1000) jeremy1ns is just really nice. (+1000) jeremy1ns is just really nice. (+1000) jeremy1ns is just really nice. (+1000) jeremy1ns is just really nice. (+1000) jeremy1ns is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Foe1605 View Post
    Most people are in denial about what it really takes to improve your running. There are no shortcuts. It takes big mileage to be able to see improvement. Glad to hear you got a great result from your hard work.
    This. Elites usually runs huge miles. I think when I get 40 in doing great but it's nowhere close
    Deads 405--> Goals 500....3xBW
    Squat 320 --> 405
    Bench 200 --> 275

My journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152087713&p=1030251623#post1030251623

Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bleachway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Starting to get back into my Cardio Grind, and was wondering if there are any good sprint routines out there to help increase speed?