Location: wakefield, west yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hard boiled eggs - safe limit?

What is the maximum a day I can consume? I'm wanting to take 5 to work with me in the morning but not sure if that's too many

Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i think in terms of cholesterol it mostly depends on whether you have family history of cholesterol/heart problems related to that and are predisposed to it. I personally have a history of high cholesterol but still eat 6-12 eggs on some days
    Bench 280x1 Dead 415x1 OHP 185x1, Chins 90x5x5 Goals: 200x1 OHP, 100x5x5 chins, 315x1 Bench, 225 Front Squat
    *Sh!tty chest, bis, back, shoulders, traps, quads, hamstrings, calves, tris, forearms, glutes, abs crew*
    LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160399581
    Bulged discs crew Long femurs crew

StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormerJack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Prednisone666 View Post
    i think in terms of cholesterol it mostly depends on whether you have family history of cholesterol/heart problems related to that and are predisposed to it. I personally have a history of high cholesterol but still eat 6-12 eggs on some days
    Eggs are an easy source of fat and I love them hard boiled so hopefully 5 in a day is fine

Kayneighn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kayneighn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kayneighn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kayneighn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kayneighn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kayneighn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kayneighn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kayneighn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kayneighn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kayneighn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kayneighn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Shouldn't be a prob unless metabolic problems. As stated some people do 10+ pretty often. Would be interesting to know a limit tho.

HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you wanted too, you can always dump the yolk out of the hard boiled egg at work. Make five eggs, eat three with the yolk inside and toss the other two yolks out. Removing the yolk on a cooked hard boiled eggs is super easy.

JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP I have 5 every day. Im pretty sure there has been no scientific proof showing that dietary cholesterol has any effect on blood cholesterol. That being said, most of the nutrients come from the yolk.

bmukai83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmukai83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmukai83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmukai83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmukai83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmukai83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmukai83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmukai83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmukai83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JustX View Post
    OP I have 5 every day. Im pretty sure there has been no scientific proof showing that dietary cholesterol has any effect on blood cholesterol. That being said, most of the nutrients come from the yolk.
    I doubt there will ever be "proof" as running this type of experiment is extremely difficult in the long run. Realistically though, there is a much higher correlation of high cholesterol, egg consumption, and lack of exercise than there is to purely eating egg yolks and having high cholesterol. I wouldn't worry about the dietary cholesterol and just make sure you stay active and keep calories in check. You should be just fine

JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bmukai83 View Post
    I doubt there will ever be "proof" as running this type of experiment is extremely difficult in the long run. Realistically though, there is a much higher correlation of high cholesterol, egg consumption, and lack of exercise than there is to purely eating egg yolks and having high cholesterol. I wouldn't worry about the dietary cholesterol and just make sure you stay active and keep calories in check. You should be just fine
    Agreed. I think the most important factor would be to just remain active and monitor how much you eat.

chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HILMAN76 View Post
    If you wanted too, you can always dump the yolk out of the hard boiled egg at work. Make five eggs, eat three with the yolk inside and toss the other two yolks out. Removing the yolk on a cooked hard boiled eggs is super easy.
    Why would you do this?!?!? The yolk is where all the micronutrients and healthy fats are found.

OP, daily limit on eggs is 'bout tree fiddy. eat up, enjoy.

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What a waste
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Knicks - NY Yankees

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction"

StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tested my cholesterol 8 months ago and they were great. 3 months ago I started replacing healthier fats such as nuts and olive oil with more eggs like 4-5 every morning since its more satisfying.I read both studies against and for dietary cholesterol, but no clear 100%. I tested a month ago and it shot up to 194 past normal. So I cut the eggs out. Believe what you want but test yourself after a month or so because i think the rule of thumb here is everyones body is different.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    From some studies I have read, they talked about how the dietary fats of eggs neutralize the cholesterol.

here is a study for people with metabolic syndrome. these ppl have real problems and they are not normal but i cannot find the original study

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23021013

Sdorgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sdorgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sdorgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sdorgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sdorgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sdorgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sdorgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sdorgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sdorgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sdorgo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sdorgo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnYSn...UJZqg&index=24

I think you are ok with eating 5!

Beware the human within ShadowClutch's Avatar
    ShadowClutch is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowClutch is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowClutch is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowClutch is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowClutch is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowClutch is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowClutch is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowClutch is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowClutch is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowClutch is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowClutch is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not ANOTHER egg thread.

I thought this settled it?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...7670821&page=1

post 42 brah
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post356885521

Worry not.

HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000) HILMAN76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pkahnman View Post
    What a waste
    Not at all, my dog LOVES it when i toss him a yolk or two. Taking out the yolk for me helps keep my calories down while upping my protein since I'm on a deficet diet. If i wasn't on a deficet, i would eat my eggs whole.

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not at all, my dog LOVES it when i toss him a yolk or two. Taking out the yolk for me helps keep my calories down while upping my protein since I'm on a deficet diet. If i wasn't on a deficet, i would eat my eggs whole.
    If your dog is eating them then its not a waste
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Knicks - NY Yankees

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction"

Ty for info people

nherrada will become famous soon enough. (+50) nherrada will become famous soon enough. (+50) nherrada will become famous soon enough. (+50) nherrada will become famous soon enough. (+50) nherrada will become famous soon enough. (+50) nherrada will become famous soon enough. (+50) nherrada will become famous soon enough. (+50) nherrada will become famous soon enough. (+50) nherrada will become famous soon enough. (+50) nherrada will become famous soon enough. (+50) nherrada will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat how many u wants if it fits with your macros

Originally Posted by pkahnman View Post
    If your dog is eating them then its not a waste
    My dog is a garbage disposal unit, anything i dont eat or toss out he gets, I'm gonna have to put his round @ss on a diet and take him to the gym too!

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by StacksItRich View Post
    I tested my cholesterol 8 months ago and they were great. 3 months ago I started replacing healthier fats such as nuts and olive oil with more eggs like 4-5 every morning since its more satisfying.I read both studies against and for dietary cholesterol, but no clear 100%. I tested a month ago and it shot up to 194 past normal. So I cut the eggs out. Believe what you want but test yourself after a month or so because i think the rule of thumb here is everyones body is different.
    Food for thought:

MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) MajorManlet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alot of articles talk about the "cholesterol" in the yolks as "good cholesterol".
    Which actually decreases your cholesterol level.

Might be bro science.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MajorManlet View Post
    Alot of articles talk about the "cholesterol" in the yolks as "good cholesterol".
    Which actually decreases your cholesterol level.
    You're conflating blood lipids with dietary cholesterol.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    IN before "Cool Hand Luke" clip.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    eating 30 egg whites a day

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    IN before "Cool Hand Luke" clip.
    Lol! That was a great movie, friggin' classic!