Closed Thread
Page 1 of 301 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Good Things Come In Small Packages

Hey everyone... I'm officially taking the plunge! Since I joined the 2013 Transformation Challenge, I'm trying to keep myself accountable in as many ways as possible. (I even invited FB friends to follow... what was I thinking?!) So, full disclosure here. Deep breath!

Started nutrition plan on 1500cals yesterday, so far so good.
    ~140g protein
    ~90g CHOs
    ~60g fat
    Once weekly small refeed:
    ~120g protein
    ~220g CHOs
    ~40g fat

Still waiting on a new workout plan, but in the interim, today was back day (all weights in lbs):

Chin ups: 3x8
    Lat pulldowns: 3x180x6
    Seated rows: 3x100x6
    Reverse grip pulldowns: 1x115x6; 2x122.5x6
    Deadlifts: 4x165x6
    Hyperextensions: 3x35x8

Felt more tired after the second set of DLs than normal, pushed through somehow. The undergrads are coming back to school, so the gym was busier today. Had to giggle at the 2 new guys doing squats near me, they couldn't stop staring
    Last edited by pUniCepts; 11-22-2013 at 07:53 AM.

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hi! i will support you in any way I can!!! you got this girl!
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150955983

twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In

Hi roxy!
    Dont reward ur self with food, ur not a dog

Insanity: doing the same thing over again and expecting different results...
    (So change it up)

Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks ladies!

Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000) Wtuttle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Slept through my alarm this morning, dammit. Thank you, TylenolPM for putting me into a coma. Next time it'll be normal Ibuprofen or Naproxen. My back was killing me, and if my back hurts I can't sleep. I'll go this afternoon, when it's busy, and I hate it. But I can't skip.

So for the remainder of the challenge I'll be doing All Pro's beginner workout. Seems like a solid routine, but I do have a couple questions about it that hopefully someone will chime in and answer!

It seems like it doesn't focus on some muscle groups like tris, lateral and posterior delts, core (although I can do core on the off days)
    I also wonder about doing only 2 work sets per exercise, am I getting enough reps in per muscle group to gain strength?
    Will it be enough to keep the muscle I've built while I'm cutting?

Nutrition:
    Had a hard time eating enough yesterday, which is pretty strange for me. I came in around 1300cals instead of 1450-ish. I'm sure my appetite will increase once I start adding a couple of short HIIT into my routine.

Have a lovely day!

twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    are you bulking/cutting/recomp? just out of interest...

also, what is the 2013 Transformation Challenge about?

(So change it up)

Originally Posted by twinklebeef View Post
    are you bulking/cutting/recomp? just out of interest...

also, what is the 2013 Transformation Challenge about?
    I'm cutting

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2013...challenge.html

Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry to hear you've got back pain No good.

TylenolPMs knock me out, too. Maybe next time take 1 pill instead of the recommended 2? Might work.

What do you do for your HIIT? Treadmill? Elliptical? Etc... just curious!
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

Originally Posted by Wtuttle View Post
    Good luck with it! I'll probably be lurking along to see ur progress

(So change it up)

Good luck with it! I'll probably be lurking along to see ur progress
    Me too!!
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

Thanks for the motivation!!

I don't really have "back pain", I was just sore from back day and it keeps me awake at night. Yeah, next time it'll be either a baby dose or just regular old NSAIDs... apparently I'm a lightweight

In the past I've done various HIIT: Tabata, elliptical, sprints, stairs... I tend to get bored super easily, so I have to change it up a bunch.

Alright, today's workout: Day 1 of All Pro's beginner workout:Heavy day

Full Squats: 2x8 145#
    Bench Press: 2x8 85#
    Bent over BB Row: 2x8 85#
    BB shoulder press: 2x8 55#
    SLDLs: 2x8 155#
    BB arm curls: 2x8 50#
    Calf raises: 2x8 150#

It feels so much like I'm doing less work, but I need to trust the process. It was a good workout, felt like I pushed hard, it's just strange not doing back day, chest day, leg day, etc...

I think I'm really gonna miss leg day

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'll be lurking... good luck with the transformation!

All pro's is great for cutting and 2 sets is enough to keep muscle. You shouldn't expect to build much/any though.

Nice numbers - and I see you're doing chinups??! that's great. How much weight are you looking to lose? Do we get pics?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172554141

Originally Posted by tina722 View Post
    I'll be lurking... good luck with the transformation!

All pro's is great for cutting and 2 sets is enough to keep muscle. You shouldn't expect to build much/any though.

Nice numbers - and I see you're doing chinups??! that's great. How much weight are you looking to lose? Do we get pics?
    Well, I'm not doing chinups anymore It's not in All Pro's program, so those days are over for awhile. I really like them though, I kinda feel like a badass!

I'm looking to lose ~10lbs. My body really really likes to be around 119, so I'm gonna need to convince it otherwise. Right now I'm around 123-125 though. I need to weigh myself next week. I put the scale in my garage to keep me from being compulsive, but now that I actually need to track my progress I better dust it off!

Today is a no lifting day, so I did ~20 min HIIT, 5 minute jog, and abs.

I've not been doing cardio for long enough that it sucks again. I know I'll get over the hump, I just have to remind myself, it's less than an hour a week. I can do it. Just grit my teeth and bear it!!

Yesterday I had trouble hitting my macros... It was like forcing the food down and trying not to upchuck! Maybe too much preworkout, maybe my body adjusting, hopefully not getting sick. There's a really nasty flu going around, I'm doing my damndest to not catch it!

Today is better so far. Not nauseous but not exactly hungry either. We'll see how it goes!

1/16/13 Nutrition:
    Cals: 1639
    P:127
    C:143
    F:67

I had the opposite trouble yesterday than I did on 1/15/13. I was ravenous all day, irritable, wicked headache. Obviously went WAY over on the carbs. I indulged in a piece of pineapple upside down cake Here's my trouble: if it's not in my house, I don't eat it. It's when I go to meetings and things that have goodies, that's when I tend to give in. And at night. The evenings are my nemesis. I need to figure out how to beat the evenings, otherwise this cut is never going to work.

1/17/13

Today was "medium" day: same routine, ~10% less weight:

Squats: 135# 2x8
    Bench press: 75# 2x8
    Bent over row: #75 2x8
    BB Shoulder press: #50x8
    SLDL:140# 2x8
    BB curls: 45# 2x8
    Calf raises: 135# 2x8

Felt easier today, as I guess it should. The squats were a little tougher than I had expected, considering I used less weight. Maybe it's because I just trained legs 2 days ago? I'm interested to see how my body responds to this plan.

My plan of attack for today's nutrition: I ate a bigger breakfast with more CHOs, hoping it'll keep me satiated for longer, and the CHOs PWO will help with the cravings later. Maybe it's all in my head, but if it works I don't care! I'm also going to try to save more calories for the evening, since that's when I tend to screw up the plan. Maybe more fat at night will keep the other cravings at bay. I guess it's all trial and error!

The plan for dinner: baked skinless chicken drumsticks. I use a dry rub to make them spicy, then use Frank's Red Hot. And without the skin it means I can afford some RANCH!!! Thank god...

Hope y'all have an excellent day

1/171/3 Nutrition:
    Cals: 1411
    P: 155
    C: 90
    F: 34

A bit better I'd say! A little low on the fat, but I'm guessing I probably got it in. I made skinless baked chicken drumsticks last night for dinner, and although MFP says I didn't get much fat out of them, they were so tasty I'm sure I did! Seriously, way too good I felt satiated yesterday, not really hungry much at all. I'm thinking the bigger breakfast, and a cup of coffee midway through the day is going to work nicely for me. Let's hope anyway!

1/18/13 Workout

Today is no-lifting day, so a bit of HIIT and abs.

8 minutes HIIT: 20s active, 10s rest
    Burpees, Jumping Jacks, High Knees, Side to side leaps

5 minutes jog at a moderate pace (around the track): I know it sounds easy, but I can't talk when I jog. So this was maybe not HIIT, but definitely moderate intensity.

Abs:
    Side bends: 25# 3x8
    Medicine ball bicycles: 8# 3x12
    Leg-hip raises: 10# 3x8 (I hold a dumb bell with my feet)

Good long stretch session.

Happy Friday!!

im liking the new profile pic

(So change it up)

Why thank you

How long have u been liftin?
    Your abs/waist looks so good!

(So change it up)

How long have u been liftin?
    Your abs/waist looks so good!
    I started really lifting heavy/properly March 2012. So just a little less than a year. Thank you!

1/18/13 Nutrition

Cals: 1606
    P: 119
    C: 93
    F: 50

So I came up short on my macros because I had 2 glasses of wine. How does this work? They are nutrient low, but have alcohol calories so how do I count properly?

1/19/13 Workout:

Today is the "light day" for All Pro's program, so I struggle with it. Not because it's hard, but because I feel like I'm not pushing myself, like I can do more, etc. I need to just trust it. I know.

Squats: 115#, 2x8
    BB Bench press: 70#, 2x8
    BB bent over row: 70#, 2x8
    BB shoulder press: 45#, 2x8
    SLDL: 125#, 2x8
    BB curls: 40#, 2x8
    Calf raises: 120#, 2x8

1/19/13 Nutrition

Cals:1719
    P: 150
    C: 83
    F: 52

So again, over on the cals due to alcohol. Half my plan for this weekend was to bloat so that I could look my most horrible for these "pre transformation" pics that I had to redo. Job done, as you'll see, tomorrow I ate more carbs than I ever want to. Ever!

1/20/13 Workout
    Rest

1/20/13 Nutrition

Cals:2319
    P: 118
    C: 298
    F: 88

So this is way over what I usually will eat on "refeed" day, but all in the name of bloating? Eh... felt like sh!t all yesterday. Not really worth it. Lesson learned.

1/21/13 Workout

Yay! Back to heavy day!!!

Full squats: 145#, 2x9
    BB bench press: 85#, 2x9
    BB bent over row: 85#, 2x9
    BB shoulder press: 55#, 2x9
    SLDL: 155#, 2x9
    BB curls: 50#, 2x9
    Calf raises: 150#, 2x9

1/21/13 Nutrition

Cals: 1359
    P: 134
    C: 91
    F: 44

Ahhhhh... feeling lighter already. Drinking +1 gallon of water today to help flush this out. Ugh!

1/22/13 Workout

Cardio/Abs day:

5 minutes Tabata style:
    Mountain climbers
    Jump Squats

1 minute rest

4 sets:
    30s Plank
    30s Lunges

1 minute rest

4 minutes Tabata style:
    High knees
    Side leaps

3 minute rest

7 minute jog

Incline twist situps: 3x8
    Decline leg lifts: 3x8

Good stretch

taiga1 is a name known to all. (+5000) taiga1 is a name known to all. (+5000) taiga1 is a name known to all. (+5000) taiga1 is a name known to all. (+5000) taiga1 is a name known to all. (+5000) taiga1 is a name known to all. (+5000) taiga1 is a name known to all. (+5000) taiga1 is a name known to all. (+5000) taiga1 is a name known to all. (+5000) taiga1 is a name known to all. (+5000) taiga1 is a name known to all. (+5000)

IN!!!!!!!!!!

Nice lifts, seester!!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." ~Philippians 4:13

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." ~Henry David Thoreau

#wwbfd...What Would Bella Falconi Do?

"Taking chances...in fitness and in life"
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150926823

Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000)

btw you are doing awesome. What is gonna happen to this account though since I saw that you got another account?
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart & with all your soul & with all your mind & with all your strength. -Mark 12:30

With God all things are possible. -Matthew 19:26

myfitnesspal: marissarenee

★ ☆ ★ MFP Aesthetics Crew ☆ ★ ☆ ★

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lioness27 View Post
    btw you are doing awesome. What is gonna happen to this account though since I saw that you got another account?
    This username will be the new one. I'm just waiting for the old one to get closed.

And thank you!!!

Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    This username will be the new one. I'm just waiting for the old one to get closed.

And thank you!!!
    oh ok lol so you won't be able to have both? that sucks
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart & with all your soul & with all your mind & with all your strength. -Mark 12:30

oh ok lol so you won't be able to have both? that sucks
    Nope, can't have both. I'm sure the mods are annoyed, but I had to create a new one. Sigh.

Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    Nope, can't have both. I'm sure the mods are annoyed, but I had to create a new one. Sigh.
    oh well, gotta do what you gotta do lol either way, Good luck with your transformation. Will be lurking to see progress

oh well, gotta do what you gotta do lol either way, Good luck with your transformation. Will be lurking to see progress
    Thank you so much! And to all the other ladies (and potentially gentleman) that are lurking

NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50) NatK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In!!

Originally Posted by Wtuttle View Post
    I started really lifting heavy/properly March 2012. So just a little less than a year. Thank you!

1/18/13 Nutrition

Cals: 1606
    P: 119
    C: 93
    F: 50

So I came up short on my macros because I had 2 glasses of wine. How does this work? They are nutrient low, but have alcohol calories so how do I count properly?

1/19/13 Workout:

Today is the "light day" for All Pro's program, so I struggle with it. Not because it's hard, but because I feel like I'm not pushing myself, like I can do more, etc. I need to just trust it. I know.

Squats: 115#, 2x8
    BB Bench press: 70#, 2x8
    BB bent over row: 70#, 2x8
    BB shoulder press: 45#, 2x8
    SLDL: 125#, 2x8
    BB curls: 40#, 2x8
    Calf raises: 120#, 2x8

1/19/13 Nutrition

Cals:1719
    P: 150
    C: 83
    F: 52

So again, over on the cals due to alcohol. Half my plan for this weekend was to bloat so that I could look my most horrible for these "pre transformation" pics that I had to redo. Job done, as you'll see, tomorrow I ate more carbs than I ever want to. Ever!

1/20/13 Workout
    Rest

1/20/13 Nutrition

Cals:2319
    P: 118
    C: 298
    F: 88

So this is way over what I usually will eat on "refeed" day, but all in the name of bloating? Eh... felt like sh!t all yesterday. Not really worth it. Lesson learned.

1/21/13 Workout

Yay! Back to heavy day!!!

Full squats: 145#, 2x9
    BB bench press: 85#, 2x9
    BB bent over row: 85#, 2x9
    BB shoulder press: 55#, 2x9
    SLDL: 155#, 2x9
    BB curls: 50#, 2x9
    Calf raises: 150#, 2x9

1/21/13 Nutrition

Cals: 1359
    P: 134
    C: 91
    F: 44

Ahhhhh... feeling lighter already. Drinking +1 gallon of water today to help flush this out. Ugh!
    dam - wish id kept up the hard work instead of taking a long break
    lesson learnt!

(So change it up)