Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hair Removal

PeoplesChamp11 is just really nice. (+1000) PeoplesChamp11 is just really nice. (+1000) PeoplesChamp11 is just really nice. (+1000) PeoplesChamp11 is just really nice. (+1000) PeoplesChamp11 is just really nice. (+1000) PeoplesChamp11 is just really nice. (+1000) PeoplesChamp11 is just really nice. (+1000) PeoplesChamp11 is just really nice. (+1000) PeoplesChamp11 is just really nice. (+1000) PeoplesChamp11 is just really nice. (+1000) PeoplesChamp11 is just really nice. (+1000)

Hair Removal

I know there are several threads with the questions dealing with the "best" method for hair removal, though I think ive made up my mind. It seems that shaving will be my choice. Im 17 yrs old and average as far as body hair goes. I want to be hairless not just precontest but everyday as I see it as much more appealing. If I begin to shave now, how often will I have to shave to maintain a smooth, hairles look? There is also a belief that the more you shave, the often you must do it and the thicker the hair gets. I understand that friction and rubbing eventually cause the thinning of hair, and that newly shaved stubble will be coarse. But since I'm young and wish to remain hairless for life, I dont want to eventually end up shaving everyday and have a 5 o'clock shadow on my legs! hahaa Whats everyone else think?? Any tips??

powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nair....I think thats what I used before...worked great
    CUT UP NUTRITION.COM

BiomedMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiomedMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiomedMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiomedMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiomedMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiomedMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiomedMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiomedMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiomedMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiomedMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiomedMatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I shaved for my contest. I had to shave my body once every week to keep up a "smooth" look. I kept that up for the two months leading up to my contest. Afterwords, I just let it grow back. Looks the same though, not thicker or anything.

kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally think nair and other depilatory creams are a joke. They smell like **** and leave patchy spots. Only worthwhile if you've light colored, thin hair and not too much of it.

As far as shaving goes, it's the quickest and easiest solution. Get a bunch of cheap 2-track disposable razors (don't get bic, as they're unusually sharp and nick no matter how careful you are). Shave in the shower with shaving cream or hair conditioner, using very light strokes (minimizes the occurance of red bumps that can last for days, to a very dramatic degree) and switching razors when one begins to dull. For a full body shave for me, I go thru two razors.

Regrowth is extremely fast but won't become a cosemetic issue for several days - ie you'll see the stubble upon close inspection and feel it. You wouldn't want to shave for two days before a contest as you'd exfoliate your tan.

WattaRush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattaRush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattaRush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattaRush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattaRush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattaRush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattaRush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattaRush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattaRush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattaRush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WattaRush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I aggree Nair sucks... Shaving is the best. I usually shave once maybe twice a week. And only my torso...chest, stomach, back & upper arms. I just trim my forearms & legs. If I could afford it I have the permanent laser thing done.
    Money isn't everything.... It's the ONLY thing!

championshipwrestlingtv.com

Obessive Personality speedjunkie's Avatar
    speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kkowsari View Post
    I personally think nair and other depilatory creams are a joke. They smell like **** and leave patchy spots. Only worthwhile if you've light colored, thin hair and not too much of it.
    You probably aren't using it correctly. I use Nair on my chest and stomach twice a week. It comes out way smoother than shaving and the next day my chest and stomach sufrace is not scratchy like when I shave. When using Nair you have to really lather it on really thick. Also I have to wait twice as long as the directions say or else I get what you explained.

kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkowsari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Speedjunkie - I agree w/ you to a point. You will most likely have to keep in on longer than the recommended time for it to dissolve all the hairs. And you do have to spread it on really thick. But what's the point? By the time you've done all that you could have easily shaved the hair. Plus depilatory creams can EASILY irritate the skin when you leave them on long enough to get all the hairs; plus they remove tans.

speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    KK the point is that the next day my chest and stomach don't feel like I am getting a 5 o clock shadow when I use Nair. When I shave I can feel the stuble the very next morning. It feels like a mild sand paper. When I use Nair it stays smooth for several days. Also as far as burning the skin that use to happen in the beggining, but your skin will get use to the cream. I no longer get skin irration. I leave Nair on as long as 15 mintues at a time.

Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've both shaved in the shower and used nair. IMO, it's a lot more tedious to shave. For the Nair to work, you literally have to apply it in blotches, leave it on for at least 5 min, and scrub the hair off with a washrag. (See bodyspace for estimation on how hairy I am.) The problem with Nair is that it can be severely irrative to the skin, especially if you get any on your nips (ouch). I usually rinse off in the shower after Nairing to remove any excess chemical on my skin, but it still usually stays red and burning for a few hours. It does seem to keep the hair off longer than shaving; I can usually Nair my chest once a week and get by.

Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    I leave Nair on as long as 15 mintues at a time.
    Holy sh!t. Your a trooper!

tucdaddy,

I take my Nair off in the shower as well with really really hot water. I also use a wash cloth to scrub the access hair off. When ever I am going to Nair I'll apply it just before getting in the shower and while the 15 minutes passes I'll save my fore arms with my Norelco electric shaver. Like I said earlier I use to get skin irration, but the more and more I Naired it stopped happening. Kinda like nipple rash from surf board wax for all you surfers. When you first start surfing it burns like a bitch, but after awhile it doesn't bother.

BTW, I slap Nair on my nipples too. I hate body hair!
    Last edited by speedjunkie; 02-19-2007 at 12:55 PM.

dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dcdrumonthis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm extremely hairy and I used Veet (similar to nair) on my legs and they stayed smooth for a week and a half and the label says that the hair will grow back thinner instead of thicker like shaving, however I do not use it religiously so I cannot comment from experience.

SuperMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuperMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I shave my whole body once a week using a razor and have no issues.

Once a week I will hit the shower with a Gillette Fusion razor and in about 30 minutes I am done. I find that using a hot shower and Dove extra moisturizing body wash works the best for me. I start with shaving my abs and chest, upper arms and shoulders, forearms, upper legs, lower legs, then pubic area. I've been doing it once a week now for about 2 years and pretty much have it down to a science ... lol. I never break out in red bumps and very rarley get any ingrown hairs. Also don't forget to moisturize right after shaving and keep your skin well moisturized in between shaves.

domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    See, my problem is that I'm extremely hairy.

I'm a young Italian male, and I appear to be wearing a sweater at all times. I'm talking serious back and neck hair. And I'm olive skinned with dark hair, so it's pretty noticeable.

Shaving is not an option, well, because I'd have to go through about 2 blade cartridges on my razor and shaving my back is next to impossible without knicking something.

Nair and Veet have left me spoltchy and irritate my skin far more than normal.

I've begun to seriously look into laser hair removal. Semi permanent, but expensive. It has been estimated that to at least remove the back and nek hair permanently, it would cost me 4 treatements of about $500 each.

Anyone every try laser hair removal? Really permanent?

Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000) Agent Lazy 78 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just shave. It took about 1 to 2 weeks for my chest to become used to shaving and not get the bumps anymore. I still get a bump every once in a while, but very rare.
    {**Dirty South Crew**}

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Edmond Burke

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal

GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=SuperMuscle;22112641]I shave my whole body once a week using a razor and have no issues.
    QUOTE]

I can't imagine shaving my whole body every week. I find shaving my neck to be a bother.
    I gotta be natural

Registered User user23960508710783's Avatar
    user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I go to a salon and have my torso and legs waxed. I do the "other areas" myself with a home wax kit.

It will feel uncomfortable the first time, but with time its no big deal. There is no blinding pain or anything, like some people say.

thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PeoplesChamp11 View Post
    There is also a belief that the more you shave, the often you must do it and the thicker the hair gets. I understand that friction and rubbing eventually cause the thinning of hair, and that newly shaved stubble will be coarse.
    There is a TV show here in Australia that looks into all of these sorts of issues. They investigated the claims that shaved hair grows back "thicker" and "coarser", and found that to be false. The hair seems thicker and rougher only because it's very short when its just stubble. It does not grow back any faster or thicker whether you wax, shave, or let it grow.

Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    tucdaddy,

I take my Nair off in the shower as well with really really hot water. I also use a wash cloth to scrub the access hair off. When ever I am going to Nair I'll apply it just before getting in the shower and while the 15 minutes passes I'll save my fore arms with my Norelco electric shaver. Like I said earlier I use to get skin irration, but the more and more I Naired it stopped happening. Kinda like nipple rash from surf board wax for all you surfers. When you first start surfing it burns like a bitch, but after awhile it doesn't bother.

BTW, I slap Nair on my nipples too. I hate body hair!
    you may as well use acid! Too much trouble...

Originally Posted by SuperMuscle View Post
    I shave my whole body once a week using a razor and have no issues.

Once a week I will hit the shower with a Gillette Fusion razor and in about 30 minutes I am done. I find that using a hot shower and Dove extra moisturizing body wash works the best for me. I start with shaving my abs and chest, upper arms and shoulders, forearms, upper legs, lower legs, then pubic area. I've been doing it once a week now for about 2 years and pretty much have it down to a science ... lol. I never break out in red bumps and very rarley get any ingrown hairs. Also don't forget to moisturize right after shaving and keep your skin well moisturized in between shaves.
    30 minutes for a whole body shave? Wow our water levels in Sydney are only 37% we could never afford to throw that much drinking water down the drain just to be smooth

Registered User oldermuscledude's Avatar
    oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldermuscledude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I shave my whole body 2 or 2x a week--it usually takes about 15 minutes for me. I shave in the shower, using lots of soap and a Schick extreme 3 raxor (floating, flexible head, great for knees, elbows, etc.). I can usually feel stubble after a couple of days, and I usually have the most stubble on chest and pubes, but it's not visible stubble. I've used Nair for Men and didn't like it--too smelly and it irritated 'delicate' areas. You can get it all waxed--that lasts up to a month--or you can do laser hair removal--extremely pricey, and works best on fair-skinned people with dark body hair.

love-nyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just had a consultation for laser hair removal on my chest and back. it honestly seems ideal. i have to get six or seven treatments about once a month, and after that, they say i should be 95% hair free.

Originally Posted by love-nyc View Post
    i just had a consultation for laser hair removal on my chest and back. it honestly seems ideal. i have to get six or seven treatments about once a month, and after that, they say i should be 95% hair free.

How much did they quote you?

Registered User thaibodybuilder's Avatar
    thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thaibodybuilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you guys use the nair for men or original nair (for women)?

did you notice one working better than the other?

As for me i have been using the original one being that it is usually cheaper. Works like charm and less risk (I cut myself with a razer) ... i think they improved their formula over the years?
    "You are born small and weak, and you die small and weak. How you look inbetween is up to you."

JayDawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I shaved my chest last night. I have red spots on my stomach. Its not razor burn but it looks like red spots were zits or something used to be. It looks terrible but i like the smooth look. any idea on how to get these to go away? anyone who had a really hairy chest had this problem.

kylemmmmhoyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylemmmmhoyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylemmmmhoyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylemmmmhoyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylemmmmhoyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylemmmmhoyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylemmmmhoyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylemmmmhoyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylemmmmhoyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylemmmmhoyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylemmmmhoyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
    I shaved my chest last night. I have red spots on my stomach. Its not razor burn but it looks like red spots were zits or something used to be. It looks terrible but i like the smooth look. any idea on how to get these to go away? anyone who had a really hairy chest had this problem.
    The spots are from irritation. Applying 1% hydrocortizone after shaving will help clear it up.

over nine thOUSSSAAAAND!! thepapowski's Avatar
    thepapowski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepapowski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepapowski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepapowski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepapowski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepapowski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepapowski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepapowski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepapowski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepapowski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepapowski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i break out everytime i shave, now i am scared =(

JayDawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think there are some spots from where ingrown hairs and pimples used to be. Hopefully they go away it look terrible. I dont want to take my shirt off.

ICF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    $50 for a full body wax every 2 months

forget laser hair removal because by about your 5th wax the hair is literally hardly visible because it is so thin

creams are rubbish, shave if you have the time

GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Full body wax? Geez, how long does that take? Fifty dollar seems like a deal for the whole body. I've paid more than that just to have back and shoulders waxed.
    I gotta be natural

maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have pimples/acne on my thigh after i shaved the last time and there're scars now... my friend jokes that i 'injected' there lol but it sucks because i'm doing a teen show and i don't want the judges to mistake i'm on juice... suckssssss

I had my back waxed for the first time in years about 10 days ago and my back is covered with red bumps. I don't normally have acne, so I assume these are ingrown hairs. Anyone have suggestions to help releave this?
    I gotta be natural