Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Leef30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leef30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leef30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leef30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leef30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leef30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leef30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leef30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leef30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leef30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree every PT should be in great shape!!! PT should be a inspiration for her or his clients and other people. There is no excuse to look overweight!! How can you pay someone money who is overweight to help you to get in better shape( lose weight, get lean muscle mass)? As I PT I was never overweight and I'm still in great shape all the time, so that's why i never had a problem to get a very good clients like Natural Mr.Olympia 2004 Danny Chau. I cannot imagine myself to train Danny Chau in 2004 for Mr.Olympia and be a fat guy.He will never ask me for a help!!! So always you should look healthy,in shape,strong but most importantly you should always be a inspiration for others!!!! So always be in shape!!!!

LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JaruebaT View Post
    I don't know I just think a lot of people are missing his point here. I for one think if your job is to promote health and fitness then why wouldn't you be in decent shape. Not only does it set a bad example but i don't think it is great for their business. A lot of people seem to disagree with him but have yet to provide one example of a successful out of shape trainer. All the "out of shape" examples have been powerlifting or Olympic champions that would not work with the general population anyway. Most of these guys area of expertise is not getting the average gym goer in shape but to develope athletes for strength and power- totally different area. Not to mention just by looking at them you can see by their broad shoulders and big legs that they carry a lot of muscle. I would like to know how many people that disagree with him know an "average" out of shape trainer in an "average" gym that is tons of successful.
    I was choosing a trainer at a gym a few months ago and immediately said, "Not him" when the saleswoman pointed to an overweight trainer. By today's standards you might just say he was "a few pounds overweight". I am positive he knows more than me and could easily have instructed me on things I am not too familiar with but I just do not want that influence around me.

I believe nutrition is implied when you say words like "exercise" and "fitness". Most differentiate the two but I dont. To a less severe degree, "discipline" is also inherent when talking about fitness for me. I would do bad things to have someone like Arnold train me but if I were living in the real world and had to pick from a handful of non-celebrity/renowned trainers then I would, and have, gravitate to who seems to be the most fit.
    You give something up for everything you gain

kandufitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) kandufitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) kandufitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) kandufitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) kandufitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) kandufitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) kandufitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) kandufitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) kandufitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) kandufitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) kandufitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MikeEsp_Fit View Post
    Sonti don't be over-sensitive. If you just had a baby 10 weeks ago then obviously it takes some time to get back into shape and you don't fall into the category I'm targeting. Just the fact that you're working out again soon after giving birth sets a positive example for your clients. If you wanted to try to make me look silly you should have asked if you were a poor example to clients during your pregnancy. At least then I would have had a good laugh. I think we both know that post-pregnancy trainers are not the ones I'm targeting here.
    I'm glad you've never seen a trainer that's 100 pounds over weight, I used to know one who was about 130 pounds overweight, and he wasn't just a trainer, he was the regional training manager which in my opinion is disgraceful. As I said above, being overweight doesn't affect your knowledge as a trainer, anyone can read a text book and pass a test, certification tests aren't that hard. My point is, if you're a good trainer and you have the knowledge, use that knowledge on yourself by being your number one client. What better way to promote your training than with your own level of fitness. Once again, I don't look at being a Trainer as a job like so many young trainers do. It's a career and a way of life. Congratulations on your baby. Healthy female Trainers with children are always a great inspiration to mom's who struggle with weight loss soon after giving birth. Keep doing what you do, sounds like your on the right track.
    I'm a personal trainer and have been training for the last 8 years (Nationally cert though ISSA for the last year though). When I read this, it was like a breath of fresh air... the only thing that would have made this slightly better is if it was coming from a non-trainer. That would have made my evening

edit: used the wrong spelling of "breath"
    Kandu of KanduFitness
    "You kanduFitness, let me show you how"

YouTube: www.youtube.com/kandufitness
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/kandufitness
    ******** Fan Pg: www.********.com/kandufitness

UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UnaChispita has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Leef30 View Post
    I agree every PT should be in great shape!!! PT should be a inspiration for her or his clients and other people. There is no excuse to look overweight!! How can you pay someone money who is overweight to help you to get in better shape( lose weight, get lean muscle mass)? As I PT I was never overweight and I'm still in great shape all the time, so that's why i never had a problem to get a very good clients like Natural Mr.Olympia 2004 Danny Chau. I cannot imagine myself to train Danny Chau in 2004 for Mr.Olympia and be a fat guy.He will never ask me for a help!!! So always you should look healthy,in shape,strong but most importantly you should always be a inspiration for others!!!! So always be in shape!!!!
    Folks,

I think what is important to remember is that you all do not represent the average person in the gym. Important to keep that in mind.

Like I said before, if I wanted to chose a trainer to help me lose weight, I would be more likely to choose someone who didn't have an "ideal" body type, but had lost weight himself and was successful at it.

As an "average Joe", the PT who looks like Adonis might motivate me in the beginning, but he sure better have some knowledge and ability to motivate me and RELATE to me if he wants me to continue to hire him.

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    We pay NBA and NFL coaches millions of dollars and many of them are overweight.
    Last edited by ChessGuy; 01-30-2013 at 09:51 PM.

MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ChessGuy View Post
    We pay NBA and NFL coaches millions of dollars and many of them are overweight.
    Yeah, we established that we're not talking about professional coaches who make millions or Olympic athlete coaches. We're just talking about the average gym trainer.
    Mike Esparza
    Esparza Fitness
    Personal Training & Fitness Classes
    www.esparzafitness.com
    www.********.com/esparzafitness

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, I think it is important for trainers to be in shape, but it isn't everything

I believe a great trainer is going to have:
    1. Formal education and appropriate certifications
    2. Experience (personal experience included- time under the bar is important)
    3. Results for their clients

If a trainer can prove they know what their talking about and get the results for their clients- that's all clients really want. If they are in great shape, that's just icing on the cake.

I don't think anyone could argue that if you took 2 identical twin trainers with equal education and client success history, that if one had a very physique and the other was overweight, the fit trainer would have the advantage.

I don't however, think it makes a huge difference.

MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeEsp_Fit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by foodandfitness View Post
    OP, I think it is important for trainers to be in shape, but it isn't everything

I believe a great trainer is going to have:
    1. Formal education and appropriate certifications
    2. Experience (personal experience included- time under the bar is important)
    3. Results for their clients

If a trainer can prove they know what their talking about and get the results for their clients- that's all clients really want. If they are in great shape, that's just icing on the cake.

I don't think anyone could argue that if you took 2 identical twin trainers with equal education and client success history, that if one had a very physique and the other was overweight, the fit trainer would have the advantage.

I don't however, think it makes a huge difference.
    Well said Tony. I can respect your opinion.
    Mike Esparza
    Esparza Fitness
    Personal Training & Fitness Classes
    www.esparzafitness.com
    www.********.com/esparzafitness

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I remember a few years ago I joined a gym in Florida. In a Month's time, I was approached by a total of 3 PTs. All three were young and very much in shape. All three were cretins, in my view. They didn't have a clue.

MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HulkingBrute View Post
    Congrats on having no idea how the rep system works. You negged him with zero rep power. That shows up in his CP as a gray. A neutral. You had zero effect on him. Now prepare for a red storm in your CP for being a disrespectful little s***.
    Scared i dont have enough estaunch.

IN REAL LIFE HE SOUNDS LIKE A COCK,

sorry im not a level 54 elf.

MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MachetePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MikeEsp_Fit View Post
    You're an idiot dude. Run along and let the grown folks talk.

http://www.yourbody-yourgoals.com/wp...2-393x1024.jpg

The fact you do "boot camps" means you want to take money from fat women for patting them on the back and counting to 10.

Good luck with your 'cult' following 10 years training experience and 84kg Mate you dont even lift.

And before you get buthurt about me raging about your lack of everything.

Just realise that is exactly what you are doing when you started this thread towards others.

Glass houses and stones go well...

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is an industry wide problem. Too many people trying to discredit another professional. I know it happens in the medical field and other professions, but it seems more common among personal trainers. So what if the gym trainer is overweight. Do you care that your doctors smoke? Do you care that nurses don't eat right and a lot of them have addictions to prescription meds? Do you care that you carpenter lives in a shack? Do you care that your retail salesperson doesn't own the electronics that he is selling you? how about the grossly obese dietitian?
    There are too many trainers discrediting each other. There are too many trainers pointing to this degree and certification and saying: "See, he/she doesn't have the same paper that I have so he is no good." I agree that having a great body is excellent advertising and it is how the personal training thing got started, but now that this is a trade/profession we do not have to be so scrutinizing of each other.
    Last edited by Endevorforever; 02-05-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Originally Posted by Endevorforever View Post
    This is an industry wide problem. Too many people trying to discredit another professional. I know it happens in the medical field and other professions, but it seems more common among personal trainers. So what if the gym trainer is overweight. Do you care that your doctors smoke? Do you care that nurses don't eat right and a lot of them have addictions to prescription meds? Do you care that you carpenter lives in a shack? Do you care that your retail salesperson doesn't own the electronics that he is selling you? how about the grossly obese dietitian?
    There are too many trainers discrediting each other. There are too many trainers pointing to this degree and certification and saying: "See, he/she doesn't have the same paper that I have so he is no good." I agree that having a great body is excellent advertising and it is how the personal training thing got started, but now that this is a trade/profession we do not have to be so scrutinizing of each other.
    But the more people talk about you the more you are known.

P/T is just like real estate. Its about being a **** head and making sure everyone knows who you are and how good you say you are. By doing so it helps to remind the public how **** everyone else besides you is so that they can continue to know you are the best and how everything everyone else does is wrong.

Remember you hold the magical secrets.

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am just saying with this kind of attitude, people are just going to assume that nobody knows anything and spend more money on diet crazes and other gimmicky stuff. Physical therapist and chiropractors used to do this. Since they stopped, their professions have become more reputable. I hope PT will stop the hate so the industry can grow.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    "Bro ya gotta have teh sixpact to be a trainer, lolz is all I'm sayin' lolz"
    "Doing the exercise on a bosu ball increases core activation."
    "It's not about what you can lift, it's about what you look like you can lift."
    "Deep squats are bad for the knees, and not functional."

I would like to stop the hate, but too many are giving me such good reasons to hate.

Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000)
    IMHO being an in shape and "aesthetic" trainer is a personal philosophy not a requirement. I know several trainers who are in worse shape than i am but are extremely good trainers. You don't NEED to be in great shape to be a GREAT trainer. Personally I feel I need to be in shape as a trainer because I like experimenting with workouts and I need to be a good shape to do it and I was fat once and made progress to become fit from fat. Does that make me an inherently better trainer? No, but it is a personal ethos I follow because its what lead me to where I am.

OhhComplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhhComplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhhComplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhhComplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhhComplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhhComplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhhComplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhhComplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhhComplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhhComplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhhComplex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree, I wouldn't hire an over (or under with no muscle) weight trainer.
    I wouldn't hire a web designer with a **** website.
    I wouldn't hire a dentist with ugly teeth.
    IMO it's all the same thing.

As a future client I know nothing about you as a PT all I got is what I see, afterall, you're your own client.

brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Will rep OP on recharge for being the least childish poster ITT.

Only read the first 2 pages. But yeah. Wow.

brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    "Bro ya gotta have teh sixpact to be a trainer, lolz is all I'm sayin' lolz"
    "Doing the exercise on a bosu ball increases core activation."
    "It's not about what you can lift, it's about what you look like you can lift."
    "Deep squats are bad for the knees, and not functional."

I would like to stop the hate, but too many are giving me such good reasons to hate.
    If you are quoting people from this thread, use the quote tags so we know who you are quoting. Otherwise, these "quotes" do not belong in this thread. Nobody is talking like that.

"i could have a 6 pack if i wanted but its unhealthy, you gotta have a good amount of fat on you to be healthy"
    "in a survival situation the ripped guys will starve to death ha ha ha"

Anyone can play that game.

KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you can't find ten people saying those things on this forum in ten minutes, you're not looking very hard. The first for example is a paraphrase of our OP. It's a parody, but not a gross parody.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    If you can't find ten people saying those things on this forum in ten minutes, you're not looking very hard. The first for example is a paraphrase of our OP. It's a parody, but not a gross parody.
    I'm not sure if you really believe yourself. I seriously worry that you do.

steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10) steventheisen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IMO< If a trainer is overweight no big deal. They probably have been busy with their clients, and running their professional life. I want to stress overweight though. 20lbs overweight, no biggie; however if you are a trainer entering the obese category, what happened man? I attend the University of Minnesota, and there is a trainer that is presumably a student who is extremely overweight(easily 100+ lbs overweight) I would not trust that guy, and neither would most.

I wouldn't spend the money for a trainer in the gym, but I have spent money on triathlon coaches and they help tremendously. I was realistic with my training and started well under my strength level to get my form correct. The trainer was slightly overweight, but worked 2 jobs, and had a family to take care of. I can handle that, they knew more about training slightly heavier people than others. Especially since most triathletes my age are far lighter than myself (205ish pounds)
    Follow me on Instagram: Steveo763

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ive been reading this thread and i think there have been a lot of good answers, but i would like to adress these two posts...

Originally Posted by Endevorforever View Post
    I agree with the point that trainers need not cut other trainers down. It has been my experience that the "bad" trainers run themselves out of a job without the help of anyone talking about them. And its not always the best looking trainers that make the best coaches. IMO a "bad" trainer is the one with the bad attitude towards clients and coworkers, one who uses a lot of bro science, trains people badly, who may get people injured or tell them things that could be harmful...etc. I dont care what you look like, if you are a bad trainer, people eventually figure it out..... no matter what you look like.
    On the other hand, if you are a "good" trainer, get your clients results in a safe and effective manner, can take care of the business side of things, and are not a d k head to your coworkers, then people respond positively to that. And they could care less what you look like.

The other point in this post i would like to address is that i would not appreciate being "preached" to by any doctor who was obese. So yes i can say that i would like to see those in the health industry be healthy. Personally i have never seen a regular fitness trainer in a gym be grossly overweight. I have seen several who carried a higher BF% but were not obese (and then seen those same trainers cut and win figure competitions!) I myself am on a bulk, would the general population understand my personal reasons for being higher in BF and weight than what is "normal" for me?? Probably not, but i have been hired to train folks and no one has questioned my weight or bf. To most people I am "skinny" and get told this all the time. I am still however, healthy. My blood pressure and resting heart rate have gone down (never high to begin with but its gone down all the same), my cholesteral levels are pretty great, i can easily cover miles as i hike trails regularly, i can teach my fitness classes, i can train others, my lifts are increasing, and the list goes on. So if i am carrying more weight and fat than normal, well, that at the moment is a personal choice, and you can not know what else is going on in the trainers life.
    So it seems a bit silly to judge a trainer on looks alone. I would rather train with someone knowledgeable, who is not going to get me hurt because hes paying attention the the 19 year old in hot pink pants rather than on what i am paying him to do. (just an example so dont get your panties in a bunch)

Originally Posted by steventheisen View Post
    IMO< If a trainer is overweight no big deal. They probably have been busy with their clients, and running their professional life. I want to stress overweight though. 20lbs overweight, no biggie; however if you are a trainer entering the obese category, what happened man? I attend the University of Minnesota, and there is a trainer that is presumably a student who is extremely overweight(easily 100+ lbs overweight) I would not trust that guy, and neither would most.

I wouldn't spend the money for a trainer in the gym, but I have spent money on triathlon coaches and they help tremendously. I was realistic with my training and started well under my strength level to get my form correct. The trainer was slightly overweight, but worked 2 jobs, and had a family to take care of. I can handle that, they knew more about training slightly heavier people than others. Especially since most triathletes my age are far lighter than myself (205ish pounds)
    And that leads me to this post which i think covers what I was thinking. Just because the trainer is not 20 and ripped and hot, doesnt mean that they are not a good trainer. Personally I would rather train with some one serious, than to have some ripped dude who could care less if i reached my goals. Can you find the ripped dude who is serious. Occasionally, yes.

But then we have issues like this in our industry, and that certainly does not help, wether it is true or not....
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ed-harassment/
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Interesting link, rockangel.

I think she might have trouble with the fact that she didn't report the issues to the supervisor. While a good supervisor will know how their staff behave, you can't watch them all the time, and have to respond to feedback given - and lack of feedback is also feedback, normally meaning, "I'm happy with the service I'm getting."

It seems the trainers involved lacked maturity and people skills, being able to judge or even care what sort of conversation the client was comfortable with. But hey, at least they weren't overweight, right?

Registered User Briiiiliantmate's Avatar
    Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There’s inspiration everywhere. If someone has lost 100 pounds but is still 250, that could inspire someone else who needs to lose a substantial amount of weight. But for the most part, you are most likely referring to the lazy, overweight trainer who couldn’t do the programs he/she is teaching to others. It’s like overweight doctors. Yes, we’re all human but you have to be better than that if you are a role model for others.
    'Real beauty is what's inside.' You know you are ugly if someone tells you this.

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i admit i have a little to lose

but ive always told people that they need to find a balance between food and exercise

and for most people thats eating a little "free-er" than the dedicated fitness competitor

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Although the hypocrisy is there when you go to a trainer to lose fat and get in shape and he's 30-50lbs overweigh,. what's more important is the portfolio and how his/her past clients look.

So I was working for a gym as a trainer not too long ago. Upon being employed at the gym, the manager was mad at a trainer who had gained weight since his starting with the company. The trainer was extremely knowledgeable, and had been training for a few years. The manager considered him a bad trainer because of the weight gain and slacking sales, but had him teaching new trainers different things to help them improve their training quality. I learned that having an average to higher than average body fat percentage can affect sales and perception of you as a trainer. The trainer was married though and was a family man. Also he wasn't getting paid enough IMHO for the schedule he was working. Also, The new hires were eating up his sales. I'd imagine the environment takes away from trainer's health.