Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Comments on my diet

Hi

I am back at the gym, after a good couple of years, trying lose some fat and add some muscle. I hit the weights 3 times a week with 20min cardio every other day and one rest day.

A typical day out of my diet looks something like this (I have enough variation) and I am trying to do 3,000 calories per day.
    I would appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Breakfast:
    1 cup oats
    Half cup mixed berries
    Small hand full of nuts
    Banana
    Cup coffee
    15ml flax seed oil
    + 500ml water

Per workout:
    1 scoop Whey protein
    Teaspoon glutamine
    Handful of raisins

Post workout:
    1 scoop Whey protein
    1/4 cup oats
    Banana
    Tablespoon peanut butter
    Teaspoon creatine
    Teaspoon glutamine
    Tablespoon lecithin granules
    + 500 ml water

Lunch:
    2 slices whole grain bread
    Cottage cheese
    Apple
    + 500ml water

Dinner:
    Large chicken breast (skinless)
    Cup brown rice
    Cup veg
    + 500ml water

Late night:
    Glass milk
    Tablespoon flaxseed oil

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What was the question? IMO it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you are getting enough protien/fats and staying below your maintenance level of calories. I also eat real food, and keep the supplements to a minimum. Are you losing weight? 3,000 calories per day is alot for your size to cut on. I try to hit 2300/2400 per day but I don't do any cardio either.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basquiat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EB68 View Post
    What was the question? IMO it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you are getting enough protien/fats and staying below your maintenance level of calories. I also eat real food, and keep the supplements to a minimum. Are you losing weight? 3,000 calories per day is alot for your size to cut on. I try to hit 2300/2400 per day but I don't do any cardio either.
    No specific question...just asking for comments and suggestions if I am missing something.
    I am trying to add 11 pounds while reducing my fat %.
    My maintenance level is about 2,500 calories.

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How are you tracking calories? What you've listed doesn't appear to be 3,000 cals. Fats appear to be low as well.

I would add a protein source to breakfast.
    Genshai

Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    How are you tracking calories? What you've listed doesn't appear to be 3,000 cals. Fats appear to be low as well.

I would add a protein source to breakfast.
    I initially used USDA to calc the calories for my meals, I don't keep track daily.
    For fats I have; 30ml flaxseed, tablespoon peanut butter, nuts.
    I often have another tablespoon peanut butter or mayonnaise at lunch.

When having oats for breakfast I add nuts for protein or I'll have muesli with nuts and plain yoghurt.
    You think more is needed at breakfast?

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    A "small handfull of nuts" for protein at breakfast is not enough!! IMO... Protein should be high in the morning.
    You are relying too much on protein drinks throughout the day.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Originally Posted by ntrllftr View Post
    A "small handfull of nuts" for protein at breakfast is not enough!! IMO... Protein should be high in the morning.
    You are relying too much on protein drinks throughout the day.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I have 1 scoop whey (20g protein) twice a day. I thought that was not too much in terms of supplements?

What do you guys typically have for breakfast? Do you have fish or do you have a shake to up the protein?

For lunch I often have some tuna...which is probably better than the cottage cheese.

And here I was, thinking that I am eating like an animal....

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I guess what I meant was that you barely get any protein at breakfast then your first two meals are protein drinks.
    I typically have oatmeal and a protein drink in the morning. No more drinks the rest of the day though. I am a believer in eating protein rather than drinking it when possible. So, to have two a day isn't really relying on it, but rather, not having any real food inbetween the two of them is the problem that I see. If this makes sense.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Originally Posted by ntrllftr View Post
    I guess what I meant was that you barely get any protein at breakfast then your first two meals are protein drinks.
    I typically have oatmeal and a protein drink in the morning. No more drinks the rest of the day though. I am a believer in eating protein rather than drinking it when possible. So, to have two a day isn't really relying on it, but rather, not having any real food inbetween the two of them is the problem that I see. If this makes sense.
    Yup, that makes sense. Thank you.

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had four scrambled eggs, 8 strips of bacon, one slice wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter and 3 pancakes for breakfast. And I am cutting right now, I eat alot more when trying to add some mass.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Basquiat View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I have 1 scoop whey (20g protein) twice a day. I thought that was not too much in terms of supplements?

What do you guys typically have for breakfast? Do you have fish or do you have a shake to up the protein?

For lunch I often have some tuna...which is probably better than the cottage cheese.

Rough guideline, 1g protein a pound, .45g fat pound, compose the rest of your calories as you see fit, usually carb, but could be more protein and fat.

This thread is helpful: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Measuring what you eat in some way, and make changes up or down in calories until you are gaining slowly. 1-3 pounds a month is reasonable.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the feedback.

I typically have egg whites and 1-2 whole eggs. Some mornings I make a shake with whey protein, berries, and greek yogurt.
    Genshai

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Hi

I am back at the gym, after a good couple of years, trying lose some fat and add some muscle. I hit the weights 3 times a week with 20min cardio every other day and one rest day.

A typical day out of my diet looks something like this (I have enough variation) and I am trying to do 3,000 calories per day.
    I would appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Breakfast:
    1 cup oats
    Half cup mixed berries
    Small hand full of nuts
    Banana
    Cup coffee
    15ml flax seed oil
    + 500ml water

Per workout:
    1 scoop Whey protein
    Teaspoon glutamine
    Handful of raisins

Post workout:
    1 scoop Whey protein
    1/4 cup oats
    Banana
    Tablespoon peanut butter
    Teaspoon creatine
    Teaspoon glutamine
    Tablespoon lecithin granules
    + 500 ml water

Lunch:
    2 slices whole grain bread
    Cottage cheese
    Apple
    + 500ml water

Dinner:
    Large chicken breast (skinless)
    Cup brown rice
    Cup veg
    + 500ml water

Late night:
    Glass milk
    Tablespoon flaxseed oil

If there is even 2000 calories here, I'd be surprised.

Where's the red meat? Potatoes? Pasta? Veg? Dietary fat?

.... I don't keep track daily.
    If you plan to make consistent gains, ^^^^this must change.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're trying to cut, a "handful" of nuts and a "handful" of raisins have a lot of calories, neither of which can be tracked accurately unless you've grabbed a handful, weighed them both out and continue to grab about the same amount each time.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

Thanks for all the input.
    I'll keep track daily and revise the diet.

I also found a sample meal plan under the nutrition section (ectomorph diet bulk plan).
    Sorry, I can't post links yet.
    I'll use that as reference point.

evo3129 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evo3129 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evo3129 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evo3129 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evo3129 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evo3129 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evo3129 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evo3129 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evo3129 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evo3129 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evo3129 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had four scrambled eggs, 8 strips of bacon, one slice wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter and 3 pancakes for breakfast. And I am cutting right now, I eat alot more when trying to add some mass.
    no shyte? That's heaps.

I have pretty much the same breakfast as the OP but with some milk and a scoop of whey in the oatmeal

Personally, I think the OP's diet is good. It's pretty much what I eat but I also include a couple of large glasses of raw juice made from whatever fruit and veg is in season. And my dinner is a bit more meat and potatoes. I'm not trying to lose weight though.
    Last edited by evo3129; 01-13-2013 at 02:36 PM.

KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenJenkinsII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dungeonmistress View Post
    If you're trying to cut, a "handful" of nuts and a "handful" of raisins have a lot of calories, neither of which can be tracked accurately unless you've grabbed a handful, weighed them both out and continue to grab about the same amount each time.
    Yeah I am cutting right now also and I love almonds but if I eat them I can tell you exactly how many I eat. The My fitness pal app is a great way to track if you don't have something already.
    The Unexamined Life is not worth living

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by evo3129 View Post
    no shyte? That's heaps.

I have pretty much the same breakfast as the OP but with some milk and a scoop of whey in the oatmeal

Personally, I think the OP's diet is good. It's pretty much what I eat but I also include a couple of large glasses of raw juice made from whatever fruit and veg is in season. And my dinner is a bit more meat and potatoes. I'm not trying to lose weight though.
    OP is trying to gain 11 pounds.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

no shyte? That's heaps.

I only eat 2300/2400 calories per day. IMO eating real food is better than a bunch of powder and suppliments, but whatever works for each person is what is best. I cannot live on chicken breast oatmeal and rice myself.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2

no shyte? That's heaps.

Thank you. I'll double check my calc to make sure it does add to 3000 calls.
    Also have a glass of fruit juice at breakfast and 4 slices (not 2 as I said) of rye, whole wheat or whole gain at lunch.

Originally Posted by KenJenkinsII View Post
    Yeah I am cutting right now also and I love almonds but if I eat them I can tell you exactly how many I eat. The My fitness pal app is a great way to track if you don't have something already.
    I also count the almonds. I have an app 'MyNetDiary' which I'll start using again.
    Last edited by Basquiat; 01-13-2013 at 08:16 PM.

I only eat 2300/2400 calories per day. IMO eating real food is better than a bunch of powder and suppliments, but whatever works for each person is what is best. I cannot live on chicken breast oatmeal and rice myself.
    I agree on food is better than powder. I only have one serving whey, 2 scoops, per day.
    The most practical time for me to go to the gym is at 12h00. I'll take a look at the diet during the day and probably add another meal of real food.

I don't always have oats for breakfast. Scramble eggs, protein pancakes, muesli, Pronutro etc.
    And for dinner, it's either chicken breast, sirloin steak fish or pasta.
    I also have broccoli, sweet potato etc. that was just a example of a typical day....but I do have variation.

Variation is good. I love oatmeal, but it is high in carbs. I try to keep my carbs low and protien/fat high and all of it within my calorie requirements. I eat alot of fish/steak/venison/ground beef/eggs/bacon for protien, and very little bread, pasta, potato or rice. I hate chicken myself but I do eat it some.
    I love peanut butter too.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That list doesn't seem anywhere near 3,000 cals. Something is fishy here.
    David

Variation is good. I love oatmeal, but it is high in carbs. I try to keep my carbs low and protien/fat high and all of it within my calorie requirements. I eat alot of fish/steak/venison/ground beef/eggs/bacon for protien, and very little bread, pasta, potato or rice. I hate chicken myself but I do eat it some.
    I love peanut butter too.
    I am going for 25% fat, 55% carbs and 20% protein

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    That list doesn't seem anywhere near 3,000 cals. Something is fishy here.
    I'll redo the calc. A while back worked out a couple of variations on each meal which would add up to 3,000 cals...I might have deviated without realizing.

Ps. Nice profile pic

I am going for 25% fat, 55% carbs and 20% protein
    Why the high carb low protien/fat intake? I have always read that you need at least 1 gram of protien per pound of bodyweight and .5 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight. For losing fat and building muscle I try to keep the protien to at least 200 grams per day and fat around 90 grams while keeping the carbs as low as possible. Interested in your reasoning though.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'll redo the calc. A while back worked out a couple of variations on each meal which would add up to 3,000 cals...I might have deviated without realizing.

Ps. Nice profile pic
    That's the biggest change you need to make - just knowing what you have coming in.You can't make adjustments if you don't know where you are.

And like pointed out above, 55% carbs is way too high IMO.

Thx.
    David

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    That's the biggest change you need to make - just knowing what you have coming in.You can't make adjustments if you don't know where you are.

And like pointed out above, 55% carbs is way too high IMO.

Thx.
    Using calories calc, I got to 3000 cals. Then said 176 lbs x 1g protein * 4 cals per g protein = 704 cals required from protein.
    704 / 3000 = 23% cals from protein.
    Guess I rounded than down to 20% and then did a split of 25% fat and 55% carbs.

Keeping in mind I am trying to add 11lbs, would a 25% fat, 50% carb and 25% protein be better...or is that still too much carbs?
    What's your split like?

Why the high carb low protien/fat intake? I have always read that you need at least 1 gram of protien per pound of bodyweight and .5 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight. For losing fat and building muscle I try to keep the protien to at least 200 grams per day and fat around 90 grams while keeping the carbs as low as possible. Interested in your reasoning though.
    My reply to 2nd_chance has my calc of how I got to the split.
    Using your fat calc and protein (which is the same I used), this is what I get:

Fat: 176 lbs x 0.5g fat x 9 cals per g fat = 792 cals
    792 / 3,000 = 26% cals from fat

Protein: 176 lbs x 1gram protein x 4 cals per g protein = 704 cals from protein
    704 / 3,000 = 23% cals from protein

Would you suggest a 25%, 50%, 25% split?
    From your and 2nd_chance's replies, it sounded as if I am way too high on carbs...but from the calcs 50% seems ok?