Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Is it worth it to take a multivitamin?

I'm 18 years old and just started bulking last week, and I'm just wondering if it would make a difference in my performance (in college & in the gym) if I started taking a multivitamin. My diet is relatively healthy for bulking

Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nate904 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump

samjones19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samjones19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samjones19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samjones19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samjones19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samjones19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samjones19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samjones19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samjones19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samjones19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samjones19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nate904 View Post
    bump
    My opinion... A lot of people on here are gonna be like " don't be stuiped and waste your money bla bla bla " because they think they have a perfect diet containing every vitamin haha, I personally like taking multi vitamins because it just makes me feel better that I know everyday I'm getting my vitamins 20 minutes after I've woke up if you know what I mean ? If your not spending a ridiculous amount of money then do it !

Tel0s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tel0s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tel0s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tel0s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tel0s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tel0s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tel0s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tel0s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tel0s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tel0s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tel0s has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by samjones19 View Post
    My opinion... A lot of people on here are gonna be like " don't be stuiped and waste your money bla bla bla " because they think they have a perfect diet containing every vitamin haha, I personally like taking multi vitamins because it just makes me feel better that I know everyday I'm getting my vitamins 20 minutes after I've woke up if you know what I mean ? If your not spending a ridiculous amount of money then do it !
    +1 to this post. Its tough to gauge whether its making a significant difference in training but if you do your research and settle on the right multivitamin it can't hurt to give your body the fuel it needs to grow. Buy the right foods and ingredients first and add multivitamins later with leftover cash.
    We are all mortal until the day that we decide otherwise.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IMO no.

chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't take one
    Mobilize,Strengthen,Breakdown,Repeat

Heightzx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heightzx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heightzx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heightzx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heightzx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heightzx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heightzx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heightzx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heightzx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heightzx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heightzx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Take them they are actually really good because it gives your body the nutrients that are necessary and give you a bit a boost. You gone feel it after taking it.

farinelli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farinelli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farinelli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farinelli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farinelli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farinelli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farinelli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farinelli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farinelli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farinelli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farinelli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can get away with not, but just to be safe may aswell

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by samjones19 View Post
    Exactly that.

It will probably be completely useless, but there is always a chance that it'll help you, and make up for deficiency in something.
    Even if just for psychological reasons, there's no harm in taking one. They aren't even that expensive.

tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you take a good one like controlled labs orange triad or life force multiple then yes, otherwise no.

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tech99 View Post
    if you take a good one like controlled labs orange triad or life force multiple then yes, otherwise no.
    lol wut

how do you tell if it's a good one?

Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tech99 View Post
    Well thats no different from a multi anywhere else!

Yes I would recommend it. Helps you get all your vits and mins. It really helps too, I noticed after a few months of taking it everyday my nails improved, hair got thicker. Hmm guess it was just lack of certain vitamins.
    @PreChewz Sponsored Athlete. The Best Chewable Pre-workout!

toughkid95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toughkid95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toughkid95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toughkid95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toughkid95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toughkid95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toughkid95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toughkid95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toughkid95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toughkid95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toughkid95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    like samjones said most people will tell you not to and that you're wasting your money and if you're eating right then you'll get your nutrients through food. But do you know how much fricken veggies you'd have to eat to get the same values as you do when you take a multi? You would start to turn green. Personally i take a multi every day along with fish oil pills and some glucosamine/chondroitin/msm for joint support. What you DON'T need to do is go spend more than you need to on name brand vitamins. i get most of my stuff in bulk for cheap at costco. hope this helped.

RIITIIR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RIITIIR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RIITIIR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RIITIIR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RIITIIR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RIITIIR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RIITIIR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RIITIIR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RIITIIR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RIITIIR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RIITIIR has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Angry

My father turned into a gambling and gay sex addict after taking a multi just once.

Do not mess with that stuff.

seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000) seamus33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you can get a bottle of 100 tablets for like 7 bucks. sounds worth it to me. don't skimp out on the whole foods though... dem veggies.
    Ladieeeees

I_Hobbes_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) I_Hobbes_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) I_Hobbes_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) I_Hobbes_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) I_Hobbes_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) I_Hobbes_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) I_Hobbes_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) I_Hobbes_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) I_Hobbes_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) I_Hobbes_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) I_Hobbes_I will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I take a multi, I think it may have a little bit of a placebo effect on me since on days that I dont take it I do notice a slight change in my energy levels.

Some of the doctors I work with say no to multis, some say yes.

All of them agree on at least a Fish Oil.
    I'm an alpha male on beta-blockers.

Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oggie22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To me, it's definitely worth taking one. There's a limited amount of vegetables that I can stand eating, so it helps me get those missing vitamins/minerals in.
    They're not really that expensive so I wouldn't see the harm in taking one even if it isn't necessary to. Nothing wrong with some extra nutrients.

It's not necessarily going to improve your performance, but if you are lacking vitamins/minerals then you'll feel the difference.
    Oggie22's Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163231711

Starting stats: 137lbs @ 5'11

Injury count: Over 9000

rubberundies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubberundies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubberundies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubberundies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubberundies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubberundies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubberundies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubberundies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubberundies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubberundies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rubberundies has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Exactly that.

It will probably be completely useless, but there is always a chance that it'll help you, and make up for deficiency in something.
    Even if just for psychological reasons, there's no harm in taking one. They aren't even that expensive.
    gonna agree with this one ^
    You don’t drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    They are 100 percent useless if you are a bodybuilder and actually have a good diet(which u should)

If you are have a good diet, whether it be bulking or cutting, the chance you are going to be in a deficit for your micro nutrients is extremely unlikey.

Its a huge waste of money, and there is no point in it.

Pyschological reason?

one of the dumbest things i have ever heard.

The number 1 reason why people take a multivitamin is because they think that by swallowing some pill, they will add 50lbs of muscle in 1 year.

In fact all they are doing is wasting their money and getting nowhere, because half of the people who take a multivitamin are trying to bulk, yet they are in a caloric deficit.

Save your money, get on a good diet, learn to bulk properly. Problem solved

Punjabiii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punjabiii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punjabiii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punjabiii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punjabiii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punjabiii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punjabiii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punjabiii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punjabiii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punjabiii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punjabiii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All they do is help make up for missing micro's.
    GGG

Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My mom buys them in fuarkin huge bottlea from costco so I figure, why not.
    Bench Press - 225x18 // 275x8 // 330x1
    Squat - 385x7 // 445x1
    Overhead Press - 135x20 // 225x1
    Deadlift - 385x11

Bodyweight OHP for reps!

★★ Buddhist Crew★★
    "How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself as anything less than a god?" - A.W.

Originally Posted by Whitekoala View Post
    They are 100 percent useless if you are a bodybuilder and actually have a good diet(which u should)

If you are have a good diet, whether it be bulking or cutting, the chance you are going to be in a deficit for your micro nutrients is extremely unlikey.

Its a huge waste of money, and there is no point in it.

Pyschological reason?

one of the dumbest things i have ever heard.

The number 1 reason why people take a multivitamin is because they think that by swallowing some pill, they will add 50lbs of muscle in 1 year.

In fact all they are doing is wasting their money and getting nowhere, because half of the people who take a multivitamin are trying to bulk, yet they are in a caloric deficit.

Save your money, get on a good diet, learn to bulk properly. Problem solved
    Many "good" diets can easily be lacking in useful micronutrients.

And placebo effect has been excepted for decades to be very clinically significant, and for good reason, dismissing it is just plain stupid.

Randyn1080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randyn1080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randyn1080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randyn1080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randyn1080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randyn1080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randyn1080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randyn1080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randyn1080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randyn1080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Randyn1080 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RIITIIR View Post
    My father turned into a gambling and gay sex addict after taking a multi just once.

Do not mess with that stuff.

Lolol

And yes take a multi. And take a good one don't buy cosco sht like someone suggested.

Most people have some sort of vitamin or mineral deficiency and you will notice it in some way or another. Problem with alot of multivits is the vitamin ratios (they must be synergistic with each other to properly work, I.e. calcium in most multivitamins won't digest properly without the correct amount of vitamin D) and the fact that what is used in some to bind the pills together makes it impossible to digest (centrum/one a days), or most of the ingredients get destroyed in stomach (unfortunately opti-men suffers from this).

Take a good cheap one like gncs men's sport multivitamin, or orange triad which also has digestive and joint health and don't cost more than 20bucks a month.

If you have the money though, buy a superior one that is enteric coated like xtend life's total balance. I take this because it also has ingredients that naturally increase testosterone, and among people that know about multis is considered the most superior multi on the market.

Read this if you want to know more...

multivitaminguide.org/best-multivitamin.html

It scientifically breaks down pretty much everything I just said.

Know the facts!!!

Also!!!

Originally Posted by I_Hobbes_I View Post
    I take a multi, I think it may have a little bit of a placebo effect on me since on days that I dont take it I do notice a slight change in my energy levels.
    That's not placebo, that's most likely your vitamin b deficiency being made up for with the multis.
    Last edited by Randyn1080; 01-13-2013 at 08:20 PM.

soulabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soulabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soulabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soulabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soulabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soulabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soulabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soulabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soulabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soulabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soulabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    jst buy a cheap one to fill your micros if your struggling to get it from foods
    We're all going to make it brah

JLR13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Only $8 for like 3 months..can't hurt

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Many "good" diets can easily be lacking in useful micronutrients.

And placebo effect has been excepted for decades to be very clinically significant, and for good reason, dismissing it is just plain stupid.
    Placebo effect? so your basically saying by thinking you are swallowing a pill u will look huge. lulz.

wrong. dont waste ur money

Extremely,extremely difficult to be lacking if you are eating whole grains, vegetables, fruits, meats, etc.

Placebo effect? so your basically saying by thinking you are swallowing a pill u will look huge. lulz.

Extremely,extremely difficult to be lacking if you are eating whole grains, vegetables, fruits, meats, etc.
    You are 19 years old.
    You should know what placebo effect is by now. And it should be self explanatory how it could significantly influence energy levels, training practices and hence results.

I suspect you shouldn't need an explanation, but if you are still having trouble, let me know.
    Last edited by TheJediBrah; 01-13-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Get big or die trying JacqueAttack's Avatar
    JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JacqueAttack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Invest the supplement money on a dictionary.
    https://soundcloud.com/streetofbulls/mtm1

You are 19 years old.
    You should know what placebo effect is by now. And it should be self explanatory how it could significantly influence energy levels, training practices and hence results.

I suspect you shouldn't need an explanation, but if you are still having trouble, let me know.
    I know what the placebo effect is.

its still absolutely retarded to take a multivitmin.

Your wasting your money, and its not doing you any good

I could see if you were obssed with ectasy or something and i told you to take this sugar pill and it was ectasy whatever, this isn't the same thing

You are taking the vitamin and its literally not doing sh it for you, and you believe it is. Either way you get no benefits from it and waste your money. I don't see the point.

I know what the placebo effect is.

its still absolutely retarded to take a multivitmin.

Your wasting your money, and its not doing you any good

I could see if you were obssed with ectasy or something and i told you to take this sugar pill and it was ectasy whatever, this isn't the same thing

You are taking the vitamin and its literally not doing sh it for you, and you believe it is. Either way you get no benefits from it and waste your money. I don't see the point
    see, you say that you know what placebo effect is, but you obviously don't

Placebo effect always leads to significant clinical effects within any group of people. That's why every single serious clinical trial is controlled against a placebo. And, when relevant, results always show significant increase in the placebo group compared to no treatment.

In the specific case of taking a vitamin, placebo effect is incredibly relevant. I guarantee you that a lot of people who feel much better after taking a multivitamin are experiencing a placebo effect.

Now bro, there is NOTHING wrong with being wrong, or not understanding something. Seriously. It's when you fail to admit that and learn from your mistakes that you have a problem.