Thread: Hip Flexors

2013flhtc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hip Flexors

I have a difficult time with situps. Other than doing hundreds of situps are there any exercises that build up or strengthen the hip flexors? And if so what muscle group can they be worked with?

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They are a bit difficult to train directly, but you just need the right equipment. Anchor a resistance band to a cage or use a cable machine with a low cable, apply the resistance directly to your foot-- facing away from where the cable/band is anchored-- and swing your leg in front of you against the resistance.

There are also a variety of ways to train them as stabilizers. For instance, do a plank and lift one leg straight up while keeping the plank position. The hip flexor of the leg that is still on the ground will have to strain to maintain that position.

QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100) QEgwu is not very well liked. (-100)
    Leg raises are well known for strengthening the hip flexors. I prefer to do them hanging but you can do them lying down as well

GoldustRpdMyDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldustRpdMyDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldustRpdMyDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldustRpdMyDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldustRpdMyDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldustRpdMyDad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good info

repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Agree with QEgwu - hanging leg raises are the obvious choice. They'll hit your abs as well.
    Change what you do and you'll change who you are.

mrobinson835 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrobinson835 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrobinson835 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrobinson835 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrobinson835 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrobinson835 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrobinson835 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrobinson835 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrobinson835 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrobinson835 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrobinson835 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2013flhtc View Post
    I have a difficult time with situps. Other than doing hundreds of situps are there any exercises that build up or strengthen the hip flexors? And if so what muscle group can they be worked with?
    hanging leg raises are good, i do crunches in stead of situps cus i get a burn in my abs quicker with crunches

MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MassiveKent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i could use some hip flexor weakness. mine are so tough you couldnt cut through em with a machete

zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why do you want to work your hip flexors???