Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Grendizer's cutting Log.

Hi there, bodybuilders!

I thought about doing a cutting log thread to check/save my progress goals, let me first give you a introduction about me:

I began bodybuilding when I was 16 years old, I decided to get rid of the excess bodyfat i was carrying (around 37%BF at 5'6) which looked really bad, I hope i had old photos, but i dont have any because the computer database got destroyed with all the photos in it, i went down until 18%BF and stopped at that BF% so far, and i was fluctuating at around 17-20% BF, i was put on a strict diet with no sodium and around 1000-1200 calories for around 3-4 months! ofcorse it got my health destroyed, but my weight killed too, i was always dizzy and feeling bad at nights, but at mornings i was OK, the exercise was around 60min of daily cardio and body-weight exercises of around an hour, i was killing myself I know, i just had no education about bodybuilding, and just wanted to lost weight, i didnt care about muscle, I just wanted to lose weight the fastest way possible.

When I joined this forum, i've learned alot about bodybuilding, and was educated with ALOT of information, thanks to this forum.

My goal is to reach 11-12% BF, at a low weight, then slowly bulk the lacking muscles, I dont want to be 11-12% BF at over 180lbs, but to be 165-170lbs @11-12% BF would be approporiate then I will set another goals when I reach the first.

Progress Pictures:

1/11/2013:

Weight:

1/11/2013 - 180LBS

Diet:

Testing on: 2000 calories (150P+/40F+)

Eating whenever approporiate and using (IIFYM), but right now I aim @eating 4 meals/day, keeps my stomach feeling good, and meals at a reasonable size.

Workout:

4x a week with 20minutes of cardio pre-workout, and 5mins post-workout (HIIT), will state my workouts, everyday whenever approporiate.

BTW: We own a famous restaurant in Egypt, without mentioning names, its an italian restaurant, very well-known and about the 6th in Egypt, so about preparing meals, this is the easiest task, haha, the chefs prepare anything, i want and I teach them how to calculate calories/macros muahahaha, just ordering the food, and recieving it as soon as its done, i love the chef's pizza its so amazing and one of the best out there! anyone coming to Egypt soon before I leave to the US? haha going for 'aviation academy in california - san diego' wish me luck bros, will be there by the 25th-28th!

Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grendizer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any bodyfat% estimation would be appreciated =)!

Im shooting for 18-19%?

Workout:

-20min cardio (pre-WO)
    -x10 (back/hamstrings/triceps/obliques/lower-back)

Nutrition:

-Ate some dark chocolate, muesli bars, dried figs, tangerine, grilled fish fillet (Early)
    -Italian bread with chicken breast, cheese, diet coke, hand-full of fries (Middle-Day)
    -Ended the day with my FAVOURITE CUSTOM MEAL PREPARED FROM MY FAVOURITE CHEF: Huge bowl of salad (mushrooms, tomatos, green peppers, halepinos, onions, lettuce, cabbage, chopped carrots, spices, 2 TABLESPOONS ketchup (for epic salad taste), 300 grams grilled chicken breast, and kroutons! I ****ing adore/love this meal.

Notes:

Today was a real busy-day, went to the GYM early at the morning, then studied from like 3PM until 1AM, got my final Economics exam tommorow, wish me luck ;> going to bed!

Workout:

-20min cardio (pre-WO)
    -x10 (chest/biceps/shoulders/quadriceps/abs)
    -5min HIIT (post-WO)

Nutrition:

-Ate dried figs, some dark chocolate, loacker cake, fried kidney, fried cow's brain, breaded/fried chicken breast paneh (Early)
    -****ty french toasted bread with ****ty chicken pieces and a handfull of fries, ****tiest meal ever (Middle-day)
    -Ended the day with my FAVOURITE CUSTOM MEAL: Chicken Ketchup Krouton Salad!

Notes:

Was really busy again, had my Business exam the next day, so was studying alot, and trained super-fast, but got everything in place tho!
    Get in fellas: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151027823 - Grendizer's cutting log!

Workout:

-20min cardio (pre-WO)
    -x10 (back/hamstrings/triceps/obliques/lower-back/calves/pull-ups)
    -5min HIIT (post-WO)

Nutrition:

-Ate dark chocolate, piece of english muffin, tiny-weeny apricot jam cookie (Early)
    -Ate an apple, yoghurt and whey and milk, half a chicken, pasta, salad, hot hersheys cocoa with milk (post-meal haha) (Middle-day)
    -Ended the day with the other half of chicken, pure red grape juice, piece of english muffin, my favourite custom meal: chicken ketchup krouton salad, and a tablespoon of peanut butter for healthy fats!

Notes:

Study, study, and more study, didnt workout at the GYM today, did it at home so changed the back-exercises, used pull-ups, and dumbell workouts.. did HIIT at home too, got a treadmill here, all is good completed the day succesfully!
    Get in fellas: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151027823 - Grendizer's cutting log!

Weight:

1/24/2013 - 177.5

Notes:

Changed diet to 1500 calories (a week ago).

Weight:

2/1/2013 - 172.4

Notes:

Still cutting on 1,500 doing cardio 3-4x a week, with rippetoe's strength training (5x3)!

Progress Pictures:

2/2/2013:

Notes:

Feeling good, made some gains in quads, lost fat, and really don't notice any mass loss but gains all over my body, squats has increased from 121 pound to 185 pounds.. chest press from 88 to 135 pounds.. shoulder press from 77 pounds to 121 pounds, and all other movements has increased too!

Notes:

Squats 5-rep max: 220 lbs ~
    Chest Press 5-rep max: 176lbs ~
    Deadlift 5-rep max: 154lbs ~
    Shoulder 5-rep max: 154lbs ~

GreyPowerVan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyPowerVan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyPowerVan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyPowerVan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyPowerVan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyPowerVan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyPowerVan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyPowerVan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyPowerVan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyPowerVan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyPowerVan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    grats on progress so far and gl on the log.

Originally Posted by GreyPowerVan View Post
    grats on progress so far and gl on the log.
    Thank youu gl for you too!

Weight:

2/8/2013 - 172.4

Notes:

No weight change this week, will keep at it (1500 cals), and will measure in next 15th~ sorry for the late post tho!

The lord's breakfast: 'micro/macro/protein friendly' consists of: light feta cheese, egg whites, coloured bell peppers, onion, cirio tomato sauce, whole grain crackers with flaxseed ~

350CAL: 35P, 15F, rest is carbs~
    Last edited by Grendizer; 02-10-2013 at 09:57 PM.

The chocolate brownie (150KCAL, 18P, 5F, 7-10C):

I just couldnt picture it before i ate 3/4 the brownie, 2 minute preparation.. macro-friendly!

Weight:

2/15/2013 - 172.2

Notes:

No weight change this week still, will keep at it @1500 cals, and will measure in the next 22nd of february!

The Variable Breakfast:

Dairy, Surimi Sticks & eggs topped with crushed salsa, with whole wheat flaxseed crackers & green/red/yellow bell peppers & onions:

Last edited by Grendizer; 02-15-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Ate around 1800-1900 calories today, and was short on protein (around 100g protein, high fats / carbs)
    Last edited by Grendizer; 02-15-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Notes:

Had a huge re-feed today, and noticed no fat-gains at all, and feeling much better but was really bloated, and had stomach pains (but felt better energy-wise): around 3,500-3,800 calories, and was pretty active more than ordinary, ate pizza hut, cinnabon, and fruit ice-cream, was a really great day, felt much better didnt have any re-feeds for the last weeks!

Got some change in plans: will start reverse dieting eating 1600-1650 calories from today (2/17/2013) until (2/23/2013), then will increase to 1750-1800, then will slowly increase by only 100 weekly until I stop at maintenance and re-comp for a month or a little more, because I seem to have plateud and having some metabolic damage going on, also I will see if it was just a stall/whoosh everything will be shown the upcoming 2 weeks (I should still be at a deficit eating 1600-1650~

Also, will weigh-in by next Friday will have that water weight lost, and measurements alright.

Notes:

Updating up some of my latest news, I've changed up diets since last wednesday back up to 2,000 calories, I dont eat less than 2000.. fats are atleast 60g, proteins are at 150g, and the rest goes for carbs, I've noticed a 2 pound water weight change, and i've noticed increase in body-mass, and I will weigh-in by next thursday (last thursday's weigh in was: 174LBS) will weigh-in again next thursday to monitor weight, then will increase weekly by 100 cals, and if I lose some fat (in those 2 week spans, I will keep at it 2000-2100 cals), if not will continue my reverse dieting!

Now, uploading some of my latest tasty meals:

Eggs with bell peppers & onions & spices, feta cheese, whole grain flax-seed crackers, cabbage w/olive oil (YUMMY):

Okay, seriously didn't have time to take a photo of the other piece lol, so took a photo of this one only because the other one was already getting digested, ahahahah:

Yes, tacos with minced beef mixed in tomato paste, seasonings, spices, and fried onions!

Notes:

A miracle just happend lol, I just weighed in today after 5-6 days of eating @2000-2050 calories consistently, fats are at 55g-75g, carbs are at 150g-200g, proteins are at 150g, my new weight is: 171LBS a drop of 1 LB this morning, which Is kind of a miracle that i've increased my calories by 500-600, keeping the same workout, and the same everything, I notice im more leaner in some parts of my body, also if you can see from my old posts, that i've been hungrier at 2000 calories than 1500, this is really amazing and im so excited, BTW, I weighed in after eating breakfast and I was 174LBS, breakfast was large around 800 calories because its my re-feed day, so i've removed arounf 1-2lbs, because I drank a bottle of water, ate 80-100g carbs at breakfast, which means that i've gained some pounds due to food weight and carbs, so i've reduced those 2-3 lbs to see my real weight, really excited about this, and feeling much better eating more, Burger King & McDonalds FTW, sandwiches are high in fat which makes my fat goal much easier, and really feeling better while im flexible like that, I usually get a sandwich and a diet coke from there, also im consuming more than 3.5Litres of liquid daily, so maybe i lost even more than 1 pound, maybe its a 1.5 pound.

brodger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brodger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brodger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brodger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brodger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brodger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brodger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brodger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brodger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brodger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brodger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello mate,

loving the progress and food pics. Great job so far. I'm just starting a leangains cut after a small bulk. Have a look at my log in my sig.

Subscribed!!
    Check in on my PHAT Log here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150177433&p=990370633#post990370633

Originally Posted by brodger2 View Post
    Hello mate,

loving the progress and food pics. Great job so far. I'm just starting a leangains cut after a small bulk. Have a look at my log in my sig.

Subscribed!!
    Thank you for the motivation! will do!

Notes:

I've just had a great refeed day and I feel so light, ate around 2750-2900 calories, fats at 40-43g, protein at 140-145g, carbs at 400g++..

SQUAT: 265LBS 5X3--< Seriously, didn't have any problems squatting 265 today! (5 reps x 3 sets)

I've calculated my first 1,800 calories then guesstimated the other 1,000 calories, i've based my re-feed around those types of carbs: rice, taro root (yummy), green beans with salsa, pasta, whole grain bread~ i've just ate 2800 calories, and feeling that I need to chunk down another 1,000 to feel 'normal, and not light' haha, but stopped at averaging 2825!

Next week's re-feed will be higher fats, and less carbs and more guesstimation, because I want to feel there is a difference in that particular day where I dont weigh everything and feel free a bit, and will go out and eat pasta at a restaurant or so, and will ofcorse over-estimate my intake until I hit 2,800-2,900, will keeps the macros like this: 150g protein, 60g fat, rest is carbs.

Notes:

Okay, updating on some lifting notes.. I went back for my chest press because I wasn't doing 100% proper form here are the new updates for my lifts:

Squat: 304LBS ~
    Chest Press: 150LBS ~
    Shoulder Press (I have a shoulder issue): 143LBS ~
    Dumbell Pandley Rows: 86LBS ~
    Deadlift: 185LBS ~

Notes:

Its my second day and im heading to bed, second day of increasing calories to 2100-2150~, still losing and everything is fine.. today went overboard a bit went to chillies and ordered a 820cal sandwich with seasonal fries of 90 cals, at about 2200 calories, but still feeling in a deficit.. oh well tommorow will be more careful, because you know.. who knows if they are consistent about the dressings or no.. so im always over-estimating.. drank too much soda today but no problems, around a litre or a lil bit more, lol.. but had a great day overall with my sweet girlfriend =)!

Notes:

Just weighed-in today and im sitting at 170 pounds.., real weight is 172, and most is water because if you notice from my last post, I drank ALOT of soda, and ate some extra cals/carbs!

Progress Pictures:

03/01/2013: Not post-workout this time !

Im lighter, stronger, more muscular.. and feeling much better eating 2100 calories a day!

Attached Images

Notes :-

The Mayo HotDog Sandyy~

(Before):

(After):

The lord's breakfast: Roumi cheese, bell peppers, egg whites, egg yolks (omlette, topped with salsa), feta cheese, four-grain bread, whole milk ~

Yeah, kind of having the same breakfast everyday, but different varieties in carbs/fat, well thats because I do not take whey nowadays until I arrive at the U.S. then will buy that BICH.

Weighed in today, and settling at exactly my old weight: 170LBS, exactly.. but the only difference I notice is that my body is leaner actually, I will have a re-feed today, and weigh-in again next (Friday), hope il drop some weight, IF NOT, then I will add in 200 more calories so will settle at (2300-2400 calories) -> from 2100 and re-comp a bit before cutting again!

Had a great refeed today, i was hungry as ****.. and its the first time I feel light after a re-feed and still a lil-bit hungry, dont know but I feel im much lighter!

Macros/Calories: 3000~

Protein: 105-110g
    Fats: 70g
    Carbs: 490g

I will begin tommorow shooting for 2000-2050 calories~

It was a whoosh/stall!!

After that re-feed I weighed in today, and guess what (I was so hungry before bed yesterday): I lost around 1 pound, maybe even a little more because I ate ****-LOAD of sodium yesterday, im 169 today!