spiekut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

any tips on how to trim my belly fat

Hello everyone, ive been working out for the last 4 months since leaving school where i weighed 217 lbs. ive cut that down to 203 im 6' 2'' tall and cant seem to shed the pounds around my belly. I have been doing high weight lower rep training but would now like to focus more on my stomach. Eating regiments i definitely can change but they are not the worst all home cooked meals chicken, rice, potatoes, and various other meats. breakfast i have 3 eggs and veggies. cut out junk food so i think im on the right track. again im new to this so any feedback is good feedback. i know i should change my workout regiment but im not quite exactly where to start. I go to the gym 5 times a week on average for about 2 hours of lifting and core at the moment. any ideas to help me start?
    Attached Images

Registered User Primalstrong123's Avatar
    Primalstrong123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by spiekut View Post
    Hello everyone, ive been working out for the last 4 months since leaving school where i weighed 217 lbs. ive cut that down to 203 im 6' 2'' tall and cant seem to shed the pounds around my belly. I have been doing high weight lower rep training but would now like to focus more on my stomach. Eating regiments i definitely can change but they are not the worst all home cooked meals chicken, rice, potatoes, and various other meats. breakfast i have 3 eggs and veggies. cut out junk food so i think im on the right track. again im new to this so any feedback is good feedback. i know i should change my workout regiment but im not quite exactly where to start. I go to the gym 5 times a week on average for about 2 hours of lifting and core at the moment. any ideas to help me start?

hey man i would say change up your work out routine maybe you should do some cros fit training and drink lots of water as a larger guy your going to have to do something to get your metabilism going with out putting on the fat you are trying to lose try drinking lots and lots of water and cut out heavy starches and excessive sugars. it you want to lose the intrabdominal fat around your waste your eting regiments must become healthier more running and a combo of power lifting as well as well as lo weight high rep aand extra core and cardio

JayHendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by spiekut View Post
    It's not just about your workouts. It's a combination of exercise and nutrition. What is your diet like? No amount of time spent in the gym is going to get you ripped if your sabotaging yourself at the dinner table. Your workouts are probably fine, since you've already had a great deal of success. Start by figuring out your daily calorie needs. Your going to need your age and present activity level in addition to your height and weight to figure out how much you need to eat just to stay at your present weight. There are various formulas to figure out your base calorie needs for the day - the one's you would need to keep you alive and maintain your present weight if all you did all day was sit on the couch.

Here is the Mufflin equation for Resting Metabolic Rate:

w=weight, h=height, a=age
    For men: (10 x w) + (6.25 x h) - (5 x a) + 5
    For women: (10 x w) + (6.25 x h) - (5 x a) - 161

This becomes less accurate for people with greater muscle mass since muscle burns calories and fat doesn't. Once you have your base caloric needs, you have to figure out how many calories you're burning during your workout. There are websites with simple calculators for this, but if you want greater accuracy, you'll need a heart rate monitor that can track your average heart rate over a given period of time. Then use the following formula from the Journal of Sports Sciences to figure out how many calories you burn during a given workout:

For Males: Calories Burned = [(0.6309 x Average Heart Rate) - (0.09036 x Weight) + (0.2017 x Age) -- 55.0969)] x Time / 4.184

For Females: Calories Burned = [(0.4472 x Average Heart Rate) - (0.05741 x Weight) + (0.074 x Age) -- 20.4022)] x Time / 4.184

Then estimate what you need in the way of calories to carry on the rest of your activity. This will be different for a guy with a desk job than for someone doing hard manual labor all day. Again, do a simple google search for "daily caloric needs" to get some figures.

Once you have all this information figured out, to loose weight it's a simple issue of creating a daily caloric deficit. Common practice is that a pound of body fat contains about 3,500 calories, so if you can create a 500 calorie deficit per day, you'll lose about 1 pound of body weight per week. The trick is to maintain as much of your lean mass as possible. Again, muscle burns calories, so you want to keep as much as you can while still losing weight.

The way to do this is to track your nutrients while staying within your lowered calories. Make sure that you're getting at least .08 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day, then about 30% of your diet should come from unsaturated fat, and the rest from low-glycemic carbs. Also, don't forget about pre- and post- nutrition. To give your body some fuel, eat a small snack about one hour prior to a workout that has a fair amount of carbs and some protein. My favorite is Greek yogurt. Then within the first hour after finishing your workout, make sure you have something equally nutritious to eat. This is a small window of opportunity where your body is replenishing its energy stores and your muscles are going into recovery phase. If you're going to eat a meal, this is a great time to do it. If not, then another snack high in protein with a little bit of carbs will aid your recovery. I drink a tall glass of 2% milk, but a protein shake is equally good. When I'm in a lean-down phase, I always keep a container of raw veggies with me to munch on throughout the day - broccoli, cucumbers, bell peppers, celery, and baby carrots. This is great for when you're having cravings - the high fiber gets you feeling full and the crunchiness cures the munchies. I like to eat veggies when I'm sitting at my computer or while driving because then my focus is somewhere other than the on what I'm eating (raw veggies are an acquired taste).

You have to be meticulous about calorie and nutrient counting if you want to get really lean. Making small changes like cutting out sodas and not eating fast-food helps out a lot. You can also get apps for your smart phone that make this even easier. I have a great one called Lose It! for my iPhone that is awesome. It's made to help people lose weight, but you can also set it up if you want to put on weight as well. You basically plug in all the food you've eaten throughout the day and it counts up the calories for you. It also tracks your protein, fat, and carbs and let you know the overall percentages of each nutrient that you've taken in.

Since you just got out of school, you're still very young and have time to build healthy habits. Good luck!!

alexchino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would recommend to LIFT HEAVY and try adding supersets into your workout. Also, 2 hours is a bit long to be at the gym, I would recommend doing light-moderate cardio for about 10 minutes before you touch the weights to get the blood flowing and the body warm. I am a big fan of supersetting my workouts and taking as little rest between sets as possible. For me, this high intensity training has given me the best results. Therefore, I would recommend to lift heavy/superset for no longer then 45mins-hour, if you still have some energy hit up some cardio for 15-20. I hope this helps!

markzeus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markzeus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markzeus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markzeus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markzeus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markzeus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markzeus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markzeus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markzeus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markzeus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markzeus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    To speed up the metabolism and the fat burning process drink lots of water in a day. Include more Cardio and lift heavy weight. In terms of weight loss weight lifting can help you. You can also take Green coffee bean extract.This is a very effective and popular product for fat loss now a days. Research says that it works 75% faster than any other product for fat loss.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Water does not "speed up your metabolism". In fact overhydration can be dangerous. If you workout in a cold gym and don't sweat then your liquid requirements can be met simply by drinking a glass of water with each meal - and then again whenever you feel thirsty.

Any stimulant is only going to make a few percentage points difference and should always be second priority after getting the fundamentals right, i.e.

- Set a calorie target (use an online calculator if necessary as a STARTING POINT)
    - Set minimum numbers for protein (1g per lb of lean body mass) and fat (0.45g per lb LBM)
    - Create each days diet using something like fitday.com so that it meets calorie target and meets or exceeds macro targets
    - Be sure to include at least 150g carb each day
    - Be sure to meet or exceed micronutrient RDAs
    - Be sure to get a reasonable amount of fiber (25-40g)
    - Saturated fats should account for at least 1/3rd of your fat intake

Alter your calorie target every couple of weeks depending on progress towards your goal:
    - 1-2lbs a week for fat loss
    - 1-3lbs a MONTH for mass gain