XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Diet Advice, Please.

Hey guys,
    I'm new on here and decided to register since I've got a serious problem about my diet.
    Something about me:
    21 y/o
    170cm (5'7)
    65kg (143lbs)
    I go to the gym for 2 1/2 years.
    So here's my problem:
    After dirty bulking (77kg in October) I cutted down to 63 kg in December and slowly increased my intake until last week. From this point on I started to eat normally (trying to clean bulk) again.

My daily diet looks like this:

Morning:
    1 Banana
    3 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    50-60gr of oatmeal

School:
    100gr wholemeal bread
    80gr cheese

Dinner I:
    250gr potatoes
    200gr chickenbreast
    80gr veggies

Pre Workout
    1 eggwrap (contains 3 eggwhites, 1 wrap, 25grs of chickenbreast and ~25gr of cheese)

Post Workout
    30gr Whey
    20gr Grapesugar

Dinner II
    250gr potatoes
    Tuna patties

Before bed:
    250gr Cottage cheese

= ~2670 Calories, 220gr Protein, 250gr Carbs, 70gr Fat

With this nutrition I've gained around 2 kg+ since last week and got kind of "fat" again. My daily intake is something around (2500 cal/day) and everywhere people say you should eat around 500+ to gain weight. Right now its only 200 cal+ and I already feel bloated. I go to the gym 3 times a week (W4SB,Mo-We-Fr), have school from Mo-Fr and got work from Thu-Sa from 7pm to 10pm. So I have a kind of busy and sometimes stressful life.
    What would you guys recommened me? Is there anything you would change in my diet plan? Are the potatoes too much? Is the protein too much? I dont know!
    I've kind of problems gaining muscles and strength so I'm really insecure about eating the right amount and quality of food. It feels like if I eat less I won't gain any strength and if I eat too much I will get fat way too fast.

Thank you.
    Last edited by XShadeX; 01-10-2013 at 06:46 AM.

NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey Xshade,
    Well you said your trying to cut down, and your gaining fat? This is what i would do.. Cut all that cheese out of your diet , You don't need it..and drop the potatoes, To loose the fat your going to have to create some sort of deficit, So if Cutting isn't entirely what your trying to do, Eat at maintenance, But yeah definetly cut the cheese.

XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XShadeX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NewGainNation View Post
    Hey Xshade,
    Well you said your trying to cut down, and your gaining fat? This is what i would do.. Cut all that cheese out of your diet , You don't need it..and drop the potatoes, To loose the fat your going to have to create some sort of deficit, So if Cutting isn't entirely what your trying to do, Eat at maintenance, But yeah definetly cut the cheese.
    Hey, I finished cutting around mid december and I'm trying to SLOWLY gain weight now. Sorry if I forgot to mention. I wanna gain weight but not that fast.. maybe 0.5 -1 kg a month but I have absolutely no clue how to do it.

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NewGainNation View Post
    Hey Xshade,
    Whatever you do, don't listen to this terrible advice.

It's likely that a large amount of the weight you've gained has been water retention. Keep eating as you are, and if you continue to gain weight more quickly than you'd like to then reduce calories...although given your height and weight, you're almost definitely emaciated and should bulk for a pretty long time.

Other observations on your diet: you don't need to eat 7 times a day and it looks very monotonous; you can eat more interesting foods if you like, just dial them into your macros. I'd also reduce protein to around 145g and increase carbs or fat to compensate. Make sure you get 145g protein and at least 55-60g fat per day and fill in the rest of your calories from any mix of protein/carbs/fat you prefer.

Originally Posted by Makween View Post
    145g and increase carbs or fat to compensate. Make sure you get 145g protein and at least 55-60g fat per day and fill in the rest of your calories from any mix of protein/carbs/fat you prefer.
    How would you increase the carbs? Like more oats in the morning and less protein in Dinner I & II?

Originally Posted by Makween View Post
    you're almost definitely emaciated and should bulk for a pretty long time.
    Here's a picture of my progression of the last 3 months. I wouldn't call myself emaciated but it's just that there's like almost no space to put on mass since I've always been thin. I started at 55kg and now I'm at 65.. that's less than 10 kg (fat not counted) of muscles I've gained in THREE years. That's kind of bad and as I mentioned I wish I knew how to put on some seize because I basically look the same as before I dirty bulked.
    Attached Images

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by XShadeX View Post
    How would you increase the carbs? Like more oats in the morning and less protein in Dinner I & II?
    Well, as I said you don't need to keep that meal frequency unless you particularly like it. That's one way you could do it, especially since the cottage cheese before bed isn't necessary (casein before bed is a myth mostly peddled by supplement companies). You could remove (a) meal(s) completely and increase the size of others, or you could reduce the size of the serving of protein in one or more and increase carbs...it's up to you. Alternatively, you could just keep protein as it is if you enjoy it; it won't do you any harm.

As far as the physique goes, you seem to have cut really aggressively. 14kg in 4 months is a lot to lose and 63kg is ridiculously light, so a lot of what you lost would've been muscle. Try to both bulk and cut at a slight surplus in future.