connormacleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) connormacleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) connormacleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) connormacleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) connormacleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) connormacleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) connormacleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) connormacleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) connormacleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) connormacleod is on a distinguished road. (+10) connormacleod is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Strictly Lifting Shoes or Reebok Nano 2.0's?

I need to get some shoes for squats and what not, and have been a bit unsure of what exactly to get. On the one hand I really need this just for squats, but I feel like going out with full on weight lifting shoes at my progression would be a bit try-hard. I only squat 120kg and look lean-athletic due to my height (6'3)

I did notice in the store that Reebok had these shoes with a reasonably thin, very flat sole that would be suitable for squats but also just general shoes to wear around the gym on upper-body days.

Link related: http://shop.reebok.com/us/product/me....0-shoes/EG239

Would these be a suitable hold over until I feel confident enough to rock proper weight lifting shoes? I just don't want to buy anything that will be bad for squatting, as that will be their main use.

QUESTION: What would be the main difference between the shoes I linked and actual weight lifting shoes?
    "The Bodybuilding.com Forum is a system. That system is our enemy. But when you’re inside, you look around, what do you see? DYEL's, skinnyfats, manlets, landwhales. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Many elite level crossfit athletes use the nanos for all their power movements and slow lifts. If its good enough for them it should be good enough for you.

However, I would still attempt to try both on and see which you like better. I only use my lifting shoes for oly movements and front squats. For my low bar squats and deads I use chucks.

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by connormacleod View Post
    I need to get some shoes for squats and what not, and have been a bit unsure of what exactly to get. On the one hand I really need this just for squats, but I feel like going out with full on weight lifting shoes at my progression would be a bit try-hard. I only squat 120kg and look lean-athletic due to my height (6'3)

I did notice in the store that Reebok had these shoes with a reasonably thin, very flat sole that would be suitable for squats but also just general shoes to wear around the gym on upper-body days.

Link related: http://shop.reebok.com/us/product/me....0-shoes/EG239

Would these be a suitable hold over until I feel confident enough to rock proper weight lifting shoes? I just don't want to buy anything that will be bad for squatting, as that will be their main use.

QUESTION: What would be the main difference between the shoes I linked and actual weight lifting shoes?
    nano's are like cross trainers. they just feel like any old athletic shoe, but with a little less cushion. personally, i'd rather lift in chucks than nanos and for more than half the cost.

weightlifting shoes like the adidas adipowers or nike romaleos will have a stiff, raised heel. they're not comfortable to do anything but weightlifting in, but give you a solid base for squats, oly lifts, etc.

if you just plan to do weights and not crossfit, i say go with the weightlifting shoes. good gear never hurts gains.

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Best and cheapest squat shoe would be chuck taylors. Can get knock off no brand chucks for even cheaper (around 30-40 USD) and they will last your pretty much a lifetime. Non compressible sole makes them great for deadlifting or squatting but really terrible for running.

Less squishy the shoe, the better it is for heavy lifting, and the worse it is for repetitive impact such as running or jumping.

I also have a pair of adidas 2004 oly lifting shoes with a wood heel. Really really comfortable and sturdy to squat in, but forces the knee past the ankle (which is desired for the olympic lifts) which is a nono for powerlifting. Sometimes I do front squats with them but in all honesty, I rarely use them.

Chucks are by far the best

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by connormacleod View Post
    The Nano's appear to have a slightly raised heel. Lifting shoes like the Do-Wins and several others have a much higher raised heel made out of some non-compressible material. When used for squats, the raised heel will shift your weight forward a bit and cause you to use your quads more. This often helps for putting up better squat numbers, but might not be better for general fitness. I think that shoes with a non-raised heel are better for you because they'll promote ankle flexibility. There are some legitimate reasons for doing squats with the heels raised; IMO, if you want to do this, just do the squats while standing with your heels on a 2x4 or a pair of plates.

A lot of folks use Chuck Taylors as lifting shoes. These are great because they have a flat sole without much if any heel raise and also without much squish. They're affordable too.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not sure which are which, but keep in mind that *some* weightlifting shoes are only meant for certain specific lifts.

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post
    I'm not sure which are which...
    Let me stop you right there.

OP, here ya go:

This is part 2 of everything that you need to know.. The search engine is being difficult and I can't seem to locate part 1 of the series so you'll have to look for that one yourself.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...3028901&page=1
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

Registered User michaelwooten98's Avatar
    michaelwooten98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Reebok Uses Bait and Switch on Online Customers

I started looking for a pair of Crossfit shoes a few weeks ago, so, of course, nothing but Crossfit shoe ads popped up in my browser for last few weeks. I finally gave in and clicked the link to the most persistent of companies, Reebok. They didn't have the shoe I clicked on, but I perused their site and did find a shoe that I liked well enough considering the one I really wanted wasn't in stock any longer and purchased it. I got the shoes in the mail and I have to say, they are quite comfortable. They are uglier than I thought they would be, but I guess that the risk I took by purchasing online. But over the next few days, while I awaited my order, I noticed something. The only think Reebok posed to my browser were great deals on shoes that they didn't actually have in stock. After I received my order, the Reebok ads stopped, and Murrell ads took over - with shoes that I actually liked better! and were cheaper! and were actually in stock as advertised! I'm not sure how companies go about purchasing ads online, but I'm pretty sure that Reebok intentionally flooded my browser with defunct deals to entice me over to their site, with no intention of ever selling me what they were advertising me. I feel a little bamboozeled, but lesson learned. Last pair of Reeboks I'll own probably.

deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by michaelwooten98 View Post
    I started looking for a pair of Crossfit shoes a few weeks ago, so, of course, nothing but Crossfit shoe ads popped up in my browser for last few weeks. I finally gave in and clicked the link to the most persistent of companies, Reebok. They didn't have the shoe I clicked on, but I perused their site and did find a shoe that I liked well enough considering the one I really wanted wasn't in stock any longer and purchased it. I got the shoes in the mail and I have to say, they are quite comfortable. They are uglier than I thought they would be, but I guess that the risk I took by purchasing online. But over the next few days, while I awaited my order, I noticed something. The only think Reebok posed to my browser were great deals on shoes that they didn't actually have in stock. After I received my order, the Reebok ads stopped, and Murrell ads took over - with shoes that I actually liked better! and were cheaper! and were actually in stock as advertised! I'm not sure how companies go about purchasing ads online, but I'm pretty sure that Reebok intentionally flooded my browser with defunct deals to entice me over to their site, with no intention of ever selling me what they were advertising me. I feel a little bamboozeled, but lesson learned. Last pair of Reeboks I'll own probably.
    This is, more than likely, a function of the website you were visiting. Especially if it's the same website where you bought the Reeboks. Big Data is your frienemy. If 15% of people who bought Shoe A also bought Shoe B, chances are good you'll see an ad for Shoe B.

deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deyer77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    And on a bragging, self-centered yet self-effacing, humorous note... $5 Chuck Taylor's from a thrift shop in baby blue is not a bad way to start with lifting shoes.
    Attached Images

squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squareznboxez has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have both the Nano's and weightlifting shoes - without a doubt for the sole task of squatting, the weightlifting shoes are going to be best - they will give you the confidence to squat with your best form - do not waste time thinking you are not worthy of these shoes - they are a crucial part of equipment should you be squatting regularly

Even a cheap-ish set like the Adidas Powerlift Trainer ($85) or PowerPerfect II ($120) will provide much more support than the Nano's

Powerlift Trainer

PowerPerfect II - more heel support, higher/stiffer heel