Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit Ofthefire's BodySpace

Wider shoulder BONES?

I apologize in advance if I posted this in an inappropriate section but I didn't know where else to. I am wanting to broaden my' shoulders by building the muscles and losing weight around my' waist... However...I came across this website: widershoulderbones dot com - It and it's owner "who I have been talking to off and on for the past few weeks" insists that it works in broadening the shoulder BONES... I'm well aware of the many sources of information out there that conclude that one cannot do this and that something like this is fixed by one's mid 20's or that it's just genetics, deal with it lol... but this guy doesn't agree... I invite anyone to look into this.. I mean just looking at the site makes me think it isn't legitimate and I've expressed that to him and he comes back with a quip about how real scamming sites look much nicer and have more testimonials etc... I wouldn't know how else to verify for myself if this actually works or not... call me what you want lol.. What do you guys think? Because if I can add another couple inches to my' shoulder line this way, that would be very cool.

Thanks

Registered Offender gabrielsyler's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 233 lbs
    gabrielsyler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gabrielsyler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gabrielsyler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gabrielsyler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gabrielsyler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gabrielsyler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gabrielsyler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gabrielsyler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gabrielsyler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gabrielsyler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gabrielsyler is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit gabrielsyler's BodySpace
    How much wider do you want your shoulder bones to be and why?

Stats: 5'11", 130 lbs
    Tillday has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tillday has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tillday has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tillday has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tillday has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tillday has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tillday has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tillday has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tillday has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tillday has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tillday has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Tillday's BodySpace
    Real sites deliver effective products and look nice because they make money. In my experience scam sites typically look bad.

You can't grow your bones, I'm guessing he's offering some kind of posture correction therapy but I haven't looked. When you slouch your collar bones V up in front of your body, by strengthening and tightening the muscles in your back, and stretching the muscles in your chest you can pull yourself into a better posture and your shoulders will appear broader.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Strict limited diet crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140012233
    Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=

I'll Rest When I'm Dead ironwill2008's Avatar
    Stats: 5'8", 193 lbs
    ironwill2008 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironwill2008 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironwill2008 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironwill2008 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironwill2008 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironwill2008 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironwill2008 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironwill2008 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironwill2008 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironwill2008 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ironwill2008 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ironwill2008's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Ofthefire View Post
    I apologize in advance if I posted this in an inappropriate section but I didn't know where else to. I am wanting to broaden my' shoulders by building the muscles and losing weight around my' waist... However...I came across this website: widershoulderbones dot com - It and it's owner "who I have been talking to off and on for the past few weeks" insists that it works in broadening the shoulder BONES... I'm well aware of the many sources of information out there that conclude that one cannot do this and that something like this is fixed by one's mid 20's or that it's just genetics, deal with it lol... but this guy doesn't agree... I invite anyone to look into this.. I mean just looking at the site makes me think it isn't legitimate and I've expressed that to him and he comes back with a quip about how real scamming sites look much nicer and have more testimonials etc... I wouldn't know how else to verify for myself if this actually works or not... call me what you want lol.. What do you guys think? Because if I can add another couple inches to my' shoulder line this way, that would be very cool.

Thanks
    At age 28, your bones have done all the growing they're going to do despite what some interwebz huckster is telling you.
    No brain, no gain.

You can't out-train bad nutrition.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ofthefire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gabrielsyler View Post
    How much wider do you want your shoulder bones to be and why?
    Hey, sorry for the long delay...the VERY long delay. Lemme first say to anyone who's posted on here that I really appreciate it - thank you.

To answer your' question, I'd say I would probably want my' shoulders to be maybe another inch or so wider. Having a wider rib cage would be great too and the reason for this is because I would like to create a stronger shoulder to hip difference. I'd say my' frame is naturally rectangular and I'd like more of the classic v-shape. I'm going to be losing the fat around my' waist/abdomen and building my' upper body I just think that having even a slight improvement in ribcage and shoulder width can give me the effect I'm after. It would just suck if I did all of the fatloss, built up the muscle and my' overall frame is either the same or worse..

Originally Posted by Tillday View Post
    Real sites deliver effective products and look nice because they make money. In my experience scam sites typically look bad.

You can't grow your bones, I'm guessing he's offering some kind of posture correction therapy but I haven't looked. When you slouch your collar bones V up in front of your body, by strengthening and tightening the muscles in your back, and stretching the muscles in your chest you can pull yourself into a better posture and your shoulders will appear broader.
    Check his' website out and let me know what YOU think lol -- widershoulderbones.com It would be great to get an official verdict on this instead of a grain or two of salt. I mean, if you CAN get wider shoulderbones that would be worth the investigation and investment right?

Stats: 5'11", 179 lbs
    Gitt66 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gitt66 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gitt66 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gitt66 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gitt66 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gitt66 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gitt66 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gitt66 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gitt66 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gitt66 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Gitt66 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Gitt66's BodySpace
    You ABSOLUTELY cannot increase bone size once you are done growing. You stop growing due to the bones being capped due to the presence of testosterone and other hormones which increase in concentration after puberty. It's impossible. Focus on what you can change instead.
    "Breathe into your balls and follow your heart."

Current Total : 1050
    Bench: 240, Squat: 355, Deadlift: 455

sakofan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sakofan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sakofan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sakofan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sakofan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sakofan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sakofan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sakofan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sakofan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sakofan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sakofan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Triggering the correct endocrine growth hormones >>> Triggering the correct DNA sequences to grow the shoulder bones specialically >>> Growing them to specific proportions aren't yet a part of medical science, sorry.

Kraster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    wtf is a "shoulder bone"? ***** there are no bones in your shoulder, it's a fking joint! and stop pimping your ridiculous website

also lol that their whole "secret" basically amounts to building bigger lats, traps and delts to widen the upper back

Originally Posted by Kraster View Post
    wtf is a "shoulder bone"? ***** there are no bones in your shoulder, it's a fking joint! and stop pimping your ridiculous website

also lol that their whole "secret" basically amounts to building bigger lats, traps and delts to widen the upper back

That website is not mine, I have nothing to do with it - The shoulder bone I think the site's referring to are the clavicles. Dunno.
    Also, the accusations you made against me, I understand that we're online but I felt that snide little comment was not necessary. I think people on this site have grown too comfortable being so disrespectful to one another and I'm genuinely tired of it. I don't think there's any good reason to tolerate it. I feel it lowers everyone's standards. -- Thanks for replying though.

Curlers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curlers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curlers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curlers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curlers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curlers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curlers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curlers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curlers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curlers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Curlers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Curlers's BodySpace
    you cant change bone structure but you can improve aesthetics by making certain muscles bigger. to look broader, work on your back. and also try lying lateral raises.

start with a 5kg DB, lay on your side on the floor, use one arm for a narutal incline and do lateral raises this way. its a short rom but i personally find it better than standing or seated lateral raises. done it a few days ago and i felt it straight away. i looked really wide and had an awesome pump.

an old poster called DiamondDelts use to recommend this exercise for width. he was the go to man if you wanted info on shoulder training. give it a go. along with some form of pressing, Military press, Seated DB press, this should help broaden your shoulders.

Stats: 5'11", 168 lbs
    repsandsets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) repsandsets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) repsandsets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) repsandsets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) repsandsets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) repsandsets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) repsandsets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) repsandsets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) repsandsets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) repsandsets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) repsandsets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit repsandsets's BodySpace
    Long bones, such as the clavicles that determine shoulder width, stop growing in length at the end of puberty, and the are sealed at the ends by an epiphyseal plate. It is impossible for long bones to grown any longer in a fully grown adult.
    Change what you do and you'll change who you are.

Minister for Propoganda gomez26's Avatar
    Stats: 6'2", 212 lbs
    BodyPoints: 4810
    gomez26 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gomez26 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gomez26 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gomez26 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gomez26 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gomez26 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gomez26 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gomez26 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gomez26 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gomez26 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gomez26 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit gomez26's BodySpace
    there was a thread about this gimmick a few yrs ago. if this is regarding the same site (cant be bothered checking) it is fundamentally flawed because they are claiming to increase shoulder width by increasing the thickness of the cartilage between the shoulder socket & humerus bone by doing exercises that involve extreme stretching like very wide grip pullups.

it is fundamentally flawed because the role cartilage is to absorb compressive loads not tensile loads. if anything placing the cartilage under extreme compression would more likely cause it to adapt by becoming thicker, for e.g. by doing exercises like sideways push-aparts.

placing the shoulder joint in tension actually relaxes the load on the cartilage & places it on the ligaments that hold the joint together, but they are pitching the idea to the superficially-minded who may imagine shoulders getting wider as they stretch.
    "Though the concept is not scientifically validated in detail (it should be considered as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory), it is useful from a practical standpoint. When training athletes, it is impossible to wait until scientific research provides all of the necessary knowledge." Vladmir M. Zatsiorsky, Ph.D.

Stats: 5'10", 190 lbs
    iSANE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iSANE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iSANE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iSANE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iSANE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iSANE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iSANE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iSANE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iSANE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iSANE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iSANE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit iSANE's BodySpace
    lol dont buy into that crap, op

Registered User jamaatalcomilla's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 200 lbs
    jamaatalcomilla is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamaatalcomilla is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamaatalcomilla is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamaatalcomilla is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamaatalcomilla is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamaatalcomilla is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamaatalcomilla is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamaatalcomilla is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamaatalcomilla is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamaatalcomilla is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamaatalcomilla is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit jamaatalcomilla's BodySpace
    your age is 29 yet your iq and common sense levels are that of a 9 year old, once your epiphyseal plates close your bones cannot grow anymore no ifs ands or buts stop going to stupid websites and wasting your time
    even Einstein couldnt explain gravity

ecto185 is a name known to all. (+5000) ecto185 is a name known to all. (+5000) ecto185 is a name known to all. (+5000) ecto185 is a name known to all. (+5000) ecto185 is a name known to all. (+5000) ecto185 is a name known to all. (+5000) ecto185 is a name known to all. (+5000) ecto185 is a name known to all. (+5000) ecto185 is a name known to all. (+5000) ecto185 is a name known to all. (+5000) ecto185 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wolffs law......
    Not sure if that actually increases size though as much as internal structure.
    Last edited by ecto185; 02-10-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Registered User garywallace1987's Avatar
    Stats: 5'11", 196 lbs
    garywallace1987 is a name known to all. (+5000) garywallace1987 is a name known to all. (+5000) garywallace1987 is a name known to all. (+5000) garywallace1987 is a name known to all. (+5000) garywallace1987 is a name known to all. (+5000) garywallace1987 is a name known to all. (+5000) garywallace1987 is a name known to all. (+5000) garywallace1987 is a name known to all. (+5000) garywallace1987 is a name known to all. (+5000) garywallace1987 is a name known to all. (+5000) garywallace1987 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit garywallace1987's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Ofthefire View Post

Thanks
    How to verify it? Acquire the PDF (shouldn't be hard to do) test it out and brace yourself for disappointment. I went on the site, I couldn't resist, and it's the biggest, repetitive, most transparent pile of salespitching BS going. You can't seriously think this might work mate? And of course he doesn't agree, he wants your money, he's not going to turn round and tell you it's a sham is he? Besides it being impossible, this guy is trying to give his methods credit by pointing out that his site isn't as nice looking as the average site and has less testimonials?? Alarm bells rang when I saw the title of this thread.

Eat and train bud

Registered User SouthEastBeastt's Avatar
    Stats: 5'11", 184 lbs
    SouthEastBeastt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SouthEastBeastt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SouthEastBeastt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SouthEastBeastt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SouthEastBeastt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SouthEastBeastt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SouthEastBeastt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SouthEastBeastt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SouthEastBeastt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SouthEastBeastt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SouthEastBeastt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit SouthEastBeastt's BodySpace
    I know for sure from experience and others peoples experiences that if you deadlift a lot, get proper nutrition and proper sleep your shoulder bones CAN grow broader from all the growth hormone as your body grows stronger overall and becomes more of a unit, as long as your still growing older. But since your already an adult i wouldn't say your shoulder bones will grow wider. Just focus on growing the medial head of your delts, which will make you look wider.

Stats: 5'10", 169 lbs
    doughnut91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) doughnut91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) doughnut91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) doughnut91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) doughnut91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) doughnut91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) doughnut91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) doughnut91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) doughnut91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) doughnut91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) doughnut91 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit doughnut91's BodySpace
    Not this bone s**t again
    It's just advice, man

Originally Posted by jamaatalcomilla View Post
    your age is 29 yet your iq and common sense levels are that of a 9 year old, once your epiphyseal plates close your bones cannot grow anymore no ifs ands or buts stop going to stupid websites and wasting your time

What exactly do you get out of being so rude? I appreciate your' two cents but I did NOT nor does this site or others on this forum need that snide attitude. This forum isn't a trash can and neither are its' participants.

Please reconsider your' conduct in the future.
    Last edited by Ofthefire; 02-19-2014 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Clear up message tone