TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Flaring out elbows during DB bench?

im pretty sure this is what has been giving me rotator cuff issues lately, why the fuk do my elbows flare out? is it because i have a weak chest? should i lower the weight to fix this? or is this completely normal and it's just the cable flies making my rotator cuffs sore. i just dont fukin know

i warm up my rotator cuffs btw, it's either the cable flies or me flaring out my elbows. how do i get rid of the tendency of flaring my elbows tho?
    *Alina Baraz & Galimatias Urban Flora CREW*

sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TonyJH View Post
    im pretty sure this is what has been giving me rotator cuff issues lately, why the fuk do my elbows flare out? is it because i have a weak chest? should i lower the weight to fix this? or is this completely normal and it's just the cable flies making my rotator cuffs sore. i just dont fukin know

i warm up my rotator cuffs btw, it's either the cable flies or me flaring out my elbows. how do i get rid of the tendency of flaring my elbows tho?
    Ive noticed when I flare my elbows out on DB's it seems easier to put the weight up, but not as effective. nomsayin? I try to keep my form like a regular Bench Press by tucking my elbows in.

To answer your question though I think its just making a conscious effort to keep the elbows in. Try having someone repeat it to you as youre doing the set or something.
    Bench: 235
    Squat: 365
    Deadlift: 425

Log V2.0: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150736853

TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by sSmitty93 View Post
    Ive noticed when I flare my elbows out on DB's it seems easier to put the weight up, but not as effective. nomsayin? I try to keep my form like a regular Bench Press by tucking my elbows in.

To answer your question though I think its just making a conscious effort to keep the elbows in. Try having someone repeat it to you as youre doing the set or something.
    ty men for ur input

yeah i agree it's alot easier to put weight up, i think ive been progressively overloading way too fast and my form is starting to get chitty because of it
    *Alina Baraz & Galimatias Urban Flora CREW*

Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ionnz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sSmitty93 View Post

This. I find its easier with with elbows flared. With elbows tucked my rotators never hurt.

kjohnson92 is not very well liked. (-100) kjohnson92 is not very well liked. (-100) kjohnson92 is not very well liked. (-100) kjohnson92 is not very well liked. (-100) kjohnson92 is not very well liked. (-100) kjohnson92 is not very well liked. (-100) kjohnson92 is not very well liked. (-100) kjohnson92 is not very well liked. (-100) kjohnson92 is not very well liked. (-100) kjohnson92 is not very well liked. (-100) kjohnson92 is not very well liked. (-100)
    i keep my elbows at a 45 degree angle (chicken press). relieves all the pain in my shoulders. i did have to lower the weight though
    Pain is merely weakness leaving the body

sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sSmitty93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TonyJH View Post
    ty men for ur input

yeah i agree it's alot easier to put weight up, i think ive been progressively overloading way too fast and my form is starting to get chitty because of it
    Well then there you go OP. imo, Id rather get the weight up correctly over getting it up with less than perfect form. It will benefit you in the long haul.
    Bench: 235
    Squat: 365
    Deadlift: 425

Log V2.0: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150736853

Registered User JuggernautGeoff's Avatar
    JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000) JuggernautGeoff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    strengthen rotators. also have you ever tried neutral db press doesnt work as much chest but its a nice variation
    sub to my youtube for more videos of me lifting heavy things : www.youtube.com/user/civilizedmurderer

best lifts(kg):
    back squat 250, front 200
    clean 179 pw clean 165
    snatch 140 pw snatch 122.5
    c&J 179 pw c&j 160

push press 155 strict press 120
    bench 175

best comp total 316