dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Couple Questions about Getting NASM certified to become a PT

Hey guys, I've wanted to pursue a career in fitness for a while but I've had a high paying security job that was hard to walk away from. To make a long story short, I was let go from my job and I want to use what little money I have saved up to pursue becoming a PT.

I'll admit that I have very little to no knowledge when it comes to this field, so if I order the NASM test and exam, will it be virtually impossible to pass the test? I'm very determined and passionate about doing this, so I'm hoping if I study my butt off I'll be able to pass it.

They have different plans that I can purchase. CPT Pro, CPT Premier and CPT Platinum. Which one should I get? Is it worth getting the Premier or the Platinum?

Like I said before, I have very little knowledge coming in (I've only been working out for about 2-2.5 years), I guess I'm hoping that someone will tell me that if I study the material hard enough and apply myself, I can get my NASM certification.

I went from being a 6'1 300 lb fatty to a 6'1 188 lb about 10%bf decently fit guy and I want to take the passion that I've gained and try to make a career out of it. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me!

SDELITEPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SDELITEPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dannysc View Post
    Hey guys, I've wanted to pursue a career in fitness for a while but I've had a high paying security job that was hard to walk away from. To make a long story short, I was let go from my job and I want to use what little money I have saved up to pursue becoming a PT.

I'll admit that I have very little to no knowledge when it comes to this field, so if I order the NASM test and exam, will it be virtually impossible to pass the test? I'm very determined and passionate about doing this, so I'm hoping if I study my butt off I'll be able to pass it.

They have different plans that I can purchase. CPT Pro, CPT Premier and CPT Platinum. Which one should I get? Is it worth getting the Premier or the Platinum?

Like I said before, I have very little knowledge coming in (I've only been working out for about 2-2.5 years), I guess I'm hoping that someone will tell me that if I study the material hard enough and apply myself, I can get my NASM certification.

I went from being a 6'1 300 lb fatty to a 6'1 188 lb about 10%bf decently fit guy and I want to take the passion that I've gained and try to make a career out of it. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me!

If you apply yourself and take the time to understand the information you will pass. Read the thread here in personal trainer forum to get a better understanding. I would recommend the package that is the test, book, and online study. Also, the mobile NASM apps from the market. good luck with everything
    [Official] San Diego Brah

Get it Right
    www.sandiegoelitefitness.com

dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannysc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SDELITEPT View Post
    If you apply yourself and take the time to understand the information you will pass. Read the thread here in personal trainer forum to get a better understanding. I would recommend the package that is the test, book, and online study. Also, the mobile NASM apps from the market. good luck with everything
    Thank you, that's exactly the kind of response that I was looking for!

Maynard311862 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Maynard311862 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, I was stocking shelves at a grocery store making nooooo money. I spent my income tax on my NASM cert to be honest. I only had been working out for about a year and I was a high school drop out (not that I'm not intelligent, I just didn't have my priorities in order) and my strongest subject was always english/writing. I hated science.

Long story short, I studied my ass off. I made flash cards, I read and reread my book about 20 times. I spent a few full days studying, 6 hours at a time. I wanted it bad enough and I passed. I was nervous going in, but I finished with LOTS of time left and I knew I passed before I got the results in. Since then (August) I've already racked up about 3.7 continued education units.

It all depends on you, how bad you want it, how dedicated you are, and how much self-discipline you have.

Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000) Kataz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dannysc View Post
    Thank you, that's exactly the kind of response that I was looking for!
    As said above, get the 2nd tier package. The online eCourses and practice test is VERY worth it imo.

Originally Posted by Maynard311862 View Post
    Dude, I was stocking shelves at a grocery store making nooooo money. I spent my income tax on my NASM cert to be honest. I only had been working out for about a year and I was a high school drop out (not that I'm not intelligent, I just didn't have my priorities in order) and my strongest subject was always english/writing. I hated science.

Long story short, I studied my ass off. I made flash cards, I read and reread my book about 20 times. I spent a few full days studying, 6 hours at a time. I wanted it bad enough and I passed. I was nervous going in, but I finished with LOTS of time left and I knew I passed before I got the results in. Since then (August) I've already racked up about 3.7 continued education units.

It all depends on you, how bad you want it, how dedicated you are, and how much self-discipline you have.
    Very motivating stuff man, good deal! Nutrition and fitness is definitely what I'm most passionate about in my life so I know I can put in the work. And when I hear stories like yours, it only pushes me that much harder to do this. I was making 60K+ a year at my previous job but honestly I'd be much happier making way less as a PT. And a bit of good news, I talked to the training manager at my gym today and he said that he'd talk to his boss and possibly let me start working as a trainer as long as I obtained my certification within 90 days of my hire! How successful have you been since obtaining your certification? Was it easy to find employment?

Originally Posted by Kataz View Post
    As said above, get the 2nd tier package. The online eCourses and practice test is VERY worth it imo.
    Thanks bro, i went ahead and purchased the 2nd tier package!