dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cant lose Belly fat

Hi im new here and im about 5'8 and weigh around 133. I use to have a decent set of abs and a toned mid section. But this past summer i couldnt do anything due to a broken leg. I weighed 125 and now i just cant seem to shed the gut i acquired. Ive been hitting the gym the last week and a half and havent seen any results and its discouraging. I mostly do cardio. I also work my core. But i try to focus on cardio. Im currently riding a stationary bike every night for 30 minutes and doing 10 miles within that 30 minutes. Please someone help me. I want that 6 pack i had.

HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A week and a half is not enough time to transform your body. Doing a few crunches and a ton of cardio is not the best way to get abs. If you want your abs to show you need to focus more on nutrition and less on cardio. Lifting weights, eating healthy, and staying consistent will give the best results.

Also, at your weight you would benefit greatly from adding some muscle mass through a good all around weight lifting program. I'm a similar weight and have abs but that's about all I have. I've spent the past couple of months working hard at adding on some mass and am already seeing better results than when I was just worried about being lean.

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    This^^^
    a deficit about 500 cals, lifting good and patience for the next 3 -5 months.
    my workout log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147657213
    my blog about weight lifting -> http://jsaarelainen.wordpress.com/
    "May the sun illuminate thy path!"

my currents : sq 319 - dl 419 - bp - 231 - ohp 143
    my goals 2014 : sq 341 - dl 440 - bp 242 - ohp 154

Registered User TheCaptainPower's Avatar
    TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCaptainPower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with what the other two guys said, you need some weights! Join a gym and start increasing your strength...That gut will fall off in a couple months.

Good luck!
    Captain Power

The Captain Power's Underground training site

http://thecaptainpower.blogspot.com

AUTHOR: "Work out, lose weight, and stop being single" available on amazon.com $2.99 on kindle!

dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dustin433 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Alright thanks guys. anyone have a good program...I am horrible when it comes to getting a program together..I just dont know what to do and what days and all that..But i do have the motivation and drive to go to the gym daily and work my ass off

Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000)
    5'8 and 133? I'm sure you barely have any fat.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/z9pQYaC.gif[/img]

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    jeez, I confused pounds and kilograms..nice catch Jfern!

yeah, the op need to lift moar and start eat good.
    my workout log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147657213
    my blog about weight lifting -> http://jsaarelainen.wordpress.com/
    "May the sun illuminate thy path!"

my currents : sq 319 - dl 419 - bp - 231 - ohp 143
    my goals 2014 : sq 341 - dl 440 - bp 242 - ohp 154

sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HighSquatBoss View Post
    A week and a half is not enough time to transform your body. Doing a few crunches and a ton of cardio is not the best way to get abs. If you want your abs to show you need to focus more on nutrition and less on cardio. Lifting weights, eating healthy, and staying consistent will give the best results.

Also, at your weight you would benefit greatly from adding some muscle mass through a good all around weight lifting program. I'm a similar weight and have abs but that's about all I have. I've spent the past couple of months working hard at adding on some mass and am already seeing better results than when I was just worried about being lean.
    This^^

If you are confused on a program there are some decent ones on this website like the video trainers or their fitness 360. Or google 5x5, 5/3/1, or SS routines.

Good luck.

Alright thanks. I just gained the weight this summer cause im usually training for motocross but couldnt do anything for 5 months cause of a pretty bad broken leg. So my question will cardio and core workouts shed this gut? I dont really lift alot with my arms because it causes arm pump when I race. So is Cardio and Ab workouts enough? Im also doing shoulder presses. Thanks alot guys

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you try to lose weight without resistance training, around 50% or more of what you lose will be muscle mass. This is not good for long term health or appearance.

You should weight train... as long as you don't do it half an hour before motocross, you have nothing to worry about from "arm pump". Strength can only help an athlete of any kind. Get on a full body routine from the sticky threads.

Im just trying to lose my gut. I do push ups, pull ups, and shoulder press almost everyday. And i do 30-40 minutes of cardio interval training. Along with jumping jacks.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by dustin433 View Post
    Im just trying to lose my gut. I do push ups, pull ups, and shoulder press almost everyday. And i do 30-40 minutes of cardio interval training. Along with jumping jacks.
    You can't choose where fat comes off from. Working a muscle only improves the condition of that muscle, it does not "burn away" the fat that is nearby.

BuggyLemon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lol when I make a post about this with my weight being higher than his, I get told that I'm too skinny to cut >.<

OP use All Pro's routine. It's very low-intensity and a good combination with your other activities imo.

BuggyLemon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You can't choose where fat comes off from. Working a muscle only improves the condition of that muscle, it does not "burn away" the fat that is nearby.
    Something we all learned when we just started. I used to think that too lol. Ahh good times. It's funny how a lot of people still believe that that will do the trick lmao. If anything, it'll make the area bulge more because of hypertrophy and beginner gains.

So basically just start to focus on a full body workout? Any links to a full body workout without weights? All the gyms around me are a bit out of my price range. Thanks

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So my question will cardio and core workouts shed this gut?
    nope
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs

lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No you need cardio and a good diet to cut weight. Also include high rep workouts. 8-12 would be okay I think. Squats would be great. You need safe cardio though.
    edit: Also the 6 pack thing is being below a certain body fat percantage not how much cardio you do.
    edit:edit: also you could have trans fat stomach like me where you would need cardio.

So basically just start to focus on a full body workout? Any links to a full body workout without weights? All the gyms around me are a bit out of my price range. Thanks
    Nope. Not worth contempating IMO. There are ways of improvising equipment but the time and hassle involved means it's not worth trying IMO - better to scan ebay for a barbell, bench and power cage.

would p90x work? my friend has it i could get ahold of

lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10) lonecricket is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Only up to the point where you could get your cardio so good you'll need to start working out rather intensely.
    edit: Weighing 133 p90x could work. I wouldn't try it though. Make sure to eat right.

my cardio is decent now..i can do about ten miles in 30 minutes on the bike..

JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Doing situps every day is barely going to do anything for your stomach. "Abs are made in the kitchen". Do you live near a Golds Gym, at least? I used to have a Golds membership to workout with a couple friends that needed help. I only paid $9.99 a month. Dead lifts/Squats/Bench Press/Military Presses/Power Cleans. Look up a basic 5x5 routine. Do them, and make sure you're burning more calories than you're taking in if you want to lose weight. Nobody is telling you to get jacked, but you have to put in the work to lose the weight.

Ya I just dont want to get jacked. I just want a nice core with decent abs. Ive been doing cardio for two weeks. Ive been doing interval training one day and then 10 miles in 30 minutes the next day. Then I do 3 sets of 10 pushups. and then 25 pullups. followed by 3 sets of 15 shoulder presses..

Ya I just dont want to get jacked. I just want a nice core with decent abs. Ive been doing cardio for two weeks. Ive been doing interval training one day and then 10 miles in 30 minutes the next day. Then I do 3 sets of 10 pushups. and then 25 pullups. followed by 3 sets of 15 shoulder presses..
    Unless you are naturally gifted to having a lean midsection, getting abs without proper resistance training can lead to you getting very scrawny and screwing up your metabolism.

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ya I just dont want to get jacked.
    hahaha, are you phucking kidding me?

you speak as if getting jacked is an easy thing to do. I dare you to try.

gtfo with this $h!t
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs

dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alright thanks guys. anyone have a good program...I am horrible when it comes to getting a program together..I just dont know what to do and what days and all that..But i do have the motivation and drive to go to the gym daily and work my ass off
    you might want check this out. its free
    http://www.sixpackfactory.com