ferdyano2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ferdyano2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Eating averaging 1500 calories - training 4x a week.

Hello there guys, my stats are 180 pounds, 5'9 and 18 yo, around 18-19% BF, I got a few questions to consider about 'WEIGHT LOSS' (P.S. I dont mind losing some muscle, as im gonna rebuild it back while SLOWLY bulking with minimal fat gains).

If I eat around 1400-1600 calories (so averaging 1500 calories) with this stats mentioned and training 4x a week (cardio 15mins pre-workout (low-moderate intensity 2x a week, high-intensity 2x a week)) while eating that amount of calories, the macros will be:

ATLEAST 100G PROTEIN
    ATLEAST 30G FAT
    rest is carbs, I know protein isnt that high (kind of moderate, and almost moderate fats too).

will I lose around a pound a week? considering I eat 3-4 meals a day, or even 2, I heared meal frequency doesnt exist, and its all about calories in versus out that determines weight/fat/muscle loss

I want to hit 160-165LBS to start a slow-clean bulk, will this calorie portions be approporiate?

Also, I will take a multi-vitamin and ensure that im getting enough micro-nutrients daily.

Summarizing the questions:

1) I can lose weight with this training/nutrition plan? considering im also KIND-OF active in real-life?

2) I can eat whatever food I prefer from carbs/fat/protein? it doesnt matter what KIND of food I eat (according to body-composition)?

Thanks for reading, hope you can answer =)!

Also if you have any other suggestions (like lowering calories / highering calories consumed, it would be a pleasure to state your opinion)

OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000) OmegaMurray is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes you will most likely lose weight. However that is a lowww amount of calories. And get more protein

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1) Yes, however your diet is retarded.
    2) No, you will lose muscle if you don't get enough protein on a cut and on a bulk you won't gain as muscle as you could have with insufficient protein. Your diet is retarded.

Did you get the general idea from my post?

I'll help you out though.

Get 180g of protein a day at least.
    Start of at something like 2.2k calories, if you lose 4lbs in 2 weeks, raise it to 2700.
    If you lose 3lbs in 2 weeks, keep it the same. If you don't lose weight, lower it to 1700.

Ultimate Strength ArabAesthetic's Avatar
    ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ArabAesthetic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Low caloric intake + high caloric expenditure = metabolic damage.
    In no time your body will adapt that intake and expenditure and you'll have to go even lower than 1500kcal to lose weight.
    I'd say increase your intake, Just 20% deficit maximum from your maintenance, Have 1g/lb LBW of protein. 0.45g/lb LBW fat, fill the rest with carbs.
    YES you can eat Any kind of foods as long as you're meeting your daily macro-nutrient needs of the day.

agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ArabAesthetic View Post
    Low caloric intake + high caloric expenditure = metabolic damage.
    In no time your body will adapt that intake and expenditure and you'll have to go even lower than 1500kcal to lose weight.
    I'd say increase your intake, Just 20% deficit maximum from your maintenance, Have 1g/lb LBW of protein. 0.45g/lb LBW fat, fill the rest with carbs.
    YES you can eat Any kind of foods as long as you're meeting your daily macro-nutrient needs of the day.
    About to say this you'd likely be better off increasing daily activity and dieting at about 1800-2000 calories. Add in more cardio when you start to stall and don't lower calories until cardio becomes excessive. At that point start doing refeeds.

ferdyano2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ferdyano2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks everyone for the replys!

@agrier9

I dont think i can increase daily exercise, do i really have to increase it inorder to lose weight?! I just calculated a life-style pattern that i could stick to the rest of my life, so i dont think ill really have time for more cardio..

@other posters

why is 1500 calories low? if my maintenace is 1850 calories, plus the workout and daily activity both account to a maximum of 450 calories, so it will leave my maintenance at about roughly 2300 calories, which will leave me at a 800 calorie deficit daily, and on non-workout days, il have a maintenance of roughly 2000 calories, which will still leave me at a 500 deficit, and I could have a refeed every week or twice a week or so?

I dont get the idea why should I start at 2200 calories when this is even higher than my maintenance? or does my body burn more than i think?

EDIT: considering eating atleast 50g of fat a day! why that high amount tho? I heared in 'Burn the fat and feed the muscle' book written by alot of famous and well-known bodybuilders, 20% fats of the caloric ratio is optimal (around 20-40g) but higher fat amounts isnt necessary? sorry im not that educated so i just want to learn more! thank you
    Last edited by ferdyano2; 01-09-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Originally Posted by comps View Post
    1) Yes, however your diet is retarded.
    2) No, you will lose muscle if you don't get enough protein on a cut and on a bulk you won't gain as muscle as you could have with insufficient protein. Your diet is retarded.

Did you get the general idea from my post?

I'll help you out though.

Get 180g of protein a day at least.
    Start of at something like 2.2k calories, if you lose 4lbs in 2 weeks, raise it to 2700.
    If you lose 3lbs in 2 weeks, keep it the same. If you don't lose weight, lower it to 1700.
    and if I dont lose at 1,7k? I should consider lowering to 1200-1300? or what should I do by then?

agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ferdyano2 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replys!

@agrier9

I dont think i can increase daily exercise, do i really have to increase it inorder to lose weight?! I just calculated a life-style pattern that i could stick to the rest of my life, so i dont think ill really have time for more cardio..
    You don't have to it would just be easier to keep your metabolism firing. There shouldn't be too much harm in deiting with 1500 calories as long as when you get to an appropriate body fat % level you start eating appropriately(bulking) to rev your metabolism back up to snuff.

Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koudoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello there guys, my stats are 180 pounds, 5'9 and 18 yo, around 18-19% BF, I got a few questions to consider about 'WEIGHT LOSS' (P.S. I dont mind losing some muscle, as im gonna rebuild it back while SLOWLY bulking with minimal fat gains).

If I eat around 1400-1600 calories (so averaging 1500 calories) with this stats mentioned and training 4x a week (cardio 15mins pre-workout (low-moderate intensity 2x a week, high-intensity 2x a week)) while eating that amount of calories, the macros will be:

ATLEAST 100G PROTEIN
    ATLEAST 30G FAT
    rest is carbs, I know protein isnt that high (kind of moderate, and almost moderate fats too).

will I lose around a pound a week? considering I eat 3-4 meals a day, or even 2, I heared meal frequency doesnt exist, and its all about calories in versus out that determines weight/fat/muscle loss

I want to hit 160-165LBS to start a slow-clean bulk, will this calorie portions be approporiate?

Also, I will take a multi-vitamin and ensure that im getting enough micro-nutrients daily.

1) I can lose weight with this training/nutrition plan? considering im also KIND-OF active in real-life?

2) I can eat whatever food I prefer from carbs/fat/protein? it doesnt matter what KIND of food I eat (according to body-composition)?

Also if you have any other suggestions (like lowering calories / highering calories consumed, it would be a pleasure to state your opinion)
    You lack fundamental nutritional information misc-er! Go check out the nutrition forum, or don't.

If you do what you said above, you will watch yourself get all sucked up, losing loads of muscle and fat. Your choice.

Originally Posted by agrier9 View Post
    You don't have to it would just be easier to keep your metabolism firing. There shouldn't be too much harm in deiting with 1500 calories as long as when you get to an appropriate body fat % level you start eating appropriately(bulking) to rev your metabolism back up to snuff.
    Oh okay, i would be great if i lose around a pound or a pound and a half a week by eating 1500 calories.

I will try to keep protein to atleast 130g, fats to atleast 30g, and the rest is carbs, thanks again, also I would re-feed on carbs every 4th day to prevent any metabolic slowdown from happening (eating at 2000-2300 calories or so)

anyone agree with this? to sum up:

calories: 1500
    150g protein
    40g fat
    rest is carbs

refeed every 4th day of 2100-2300 calories

P.S. a weekly loss of a pound is approporiate enough.

OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000)
    To lose weight you need to be in a caloric deficit (duh I know). To do this you can either diet, workout/cardio, or both. Being in a deficit of 500 calories a day should add up to a loss of 1 pound a week. Whether this is a pound of fat or a pound of muscle (or a mixture of both) is up to your diet and your training.

So if your BMR (the amount of calories you need to mantain your current weight) is 2000, then yeah 1500 with no other exercise will probably get you there.

But if you are working out that much and doing cardio, you will crash and burn pretty quickly.
    PR: Bench: 100kg x 1. Squat: 140kg x 1 Dead lift: 160kg x 1 (on my journey to 180kg)

** Uneven pecs Crew **
    ** Negs undereaters on sight Crew **

Follow me on Instagram *******s: @manletofpiece

Rep me with your Instagram username and I will follow back and rep back.

So do you suggest me to start with 2000 calories and that amount of cardio and workout?

l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP is on the Auschwitz train
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

**Forever Legend**

Competitions
    ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º) ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)

TMisc Bulking competition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152133453

( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º) ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Originally Posted by l2evolution View Post
    OP is on the Auschwitz train
    explain please

OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000)
    explain please
    He means if you keep eating that little you will end up looking like a survivor of a concentration camp.
    PR: Bench: 100kg x 1. Squat: 140kg x 1 Dead lift: 160kg x 1 (on my journey to 180kg)

** Uneven pecs Crew **
    ** Negs undereaters on sight Crew **

Follow me on Instagram *******s: @manletofpiece

Rep me with your Instagram username and I will follow back and rep back.

stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50) stefanuus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump ur calories up m8

i was averaging about that and eating mostly junk with some chicken breasts

not only did i feel horrible i lost very little weight and it was both muscle and fat but either way i ended up looking less muscular and i wasn't healthy overall

Arman6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arman6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arman6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arman6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arman6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arman6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arman6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arman6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arman6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arman6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arman6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

ATLEAST 100G PROTEIN
    ATLEAST 30G FAT

go high protein low carb. You wont beleive how fast you lose muscle, i know people that have done this and lost a looootttt of weight