44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First week of cut, first week could not increase weights.

Could i as a begginer have finally plateaud where i could not add any weight to my leg workouts. Until i found this site i was progressing steadily. After finding this site i learnt so much about nutrition and my weights jumped in every session since December. I took weeks to make sure i found my maintence which i did maintain give or take 100 grams or so. Worked out a small deficit of 245 cals a day. After this first week of cut i feel bit lethargic. I'm wanting still to trim down to about 12% bf then slow bulk for around nine months to one year. Then cut again.

Maybe since i dug a trench at home in ridiculous heat, literally i wore myself out yesterday. Or are the noob gains finally halted?. Possibly it's because after relaxing most of the arvo with my daughter at the beach. Maybe i should have done my leg session earlier today. Rest of body sessions over next couple of days will tell me more.

frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Really it was just one week so I wouldn't jump to quickly to presume that you've plateaued. If I have a stressful day, bad sleep, hard manual day at work or other things that may tire me out I sometimes can't even push what I did the week before. Doesn't happen all that often but it does happen.

44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10) 44aussie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by frozensparky View Post
    Really it was just one week so I wouldn't jump to quickly to presume that you've plateaued. If I have a stressful day, bad sleep, hard manual day at work or other things that may tire me out I sometimes can't even push what I did the week before. Doesn't happen all that often but it does happen.
    Yes the more i think about it i did jump to this conclusion too early. I was out last night so bed was later than normal as well. Just logged my food for today and I'm down there as well. Plus my work here yesterday in our little heat wave. All adds up i guess.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    at your current weight, it makes little sense for you to "cut", in the first place!
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnacdaley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Moving heavier weight everytime you head into a training session is not reasonable. Yes, newb gains allow things to ramp up quickly vs the latter stages of consistent training. Its about incremental progress over time. And as another poster stated there are numerous factors that can affect one's performance when training.

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    at your current weight, it makes little sense for you to "cut", in the first place!
    I'm hearing you but i am just trying to bring in my stomach just a little more. Then as i said in my first post i:m onto bulking. Got to start somewhere.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 44aussie View Post
    I'm hearing you but i am just trying to bring in my stomach just a little more. Then as i said in my first post i:m onto bulking. Got to start somewhere.
    but when you "bulk", your stomach will just "come out a little more" again! LOL.....

Better to concentrate on BUILDING more, and arrive at a safe "clean" bulk type diet where you are only going over your maintenance level by maybe a mere 250 calories.....

trust me, if you are training hard and intense, you will NOT get fat on that little extra calorie amount...
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    aussie, probably the best thing for you to do is "stay the course". If you've been making gains those will continue despite any not-so-good days in the gym. It's still work even if you don't move up in weights/reps/etc.

Like JG above said (and he knows his stuff), focus on hard, intense training aimed at building muscle. Don't worry about you stomach as much as creating an overall more muscular body.