alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10)

another check form thread : hyper extensions and skullcrushers

hypers

am i hyperextending here too much ? should i instead opt to make my body straight as possible or is this ok ?

crushers

for the crushers i'm trying to do it the french press/Rippetoe way where shoulder flexion is also involved

thanks for any comments/criticism !

PS btw sorry for no sound my ipad's kinda messed up
    inb4 manlet
    inb4 stats

My training log http://bbcom.me/13i2IBv <---- will measly rep for srs comments & criticism !

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The extra hyperextension is unnecessary, but yours isn't bad.
    + while doing the movement, it is hard to always tell exactly how far up you are without a mirror.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

TallLankyTeen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallLankyTeen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallLankyTeen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hyper extension-

Keep your body inline when extended but don't go too far, also try to arch your back a bit once your have fully extended.
    You can try either placer your arms across your chest or behind the head, whichever feels best.

TallLankyTeen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallLankyTeen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TallLankyTeen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Crushers-

Try to keep your arms still with only lower arm movement( elbows shouldn't move around) less movement in the shoulder. This will iscolate your tris alot more.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TallLankyTeen View Post
    Crushers-

Try to keep your arms still with only lower arm movement( elbows shouldn't move around) less movement in the shoulder. This will iscolate your tris alot more.
    You don't read well do you? He said he was actually doing a french press, which involves shoulder flexion, allowing the weight to drop behind the head, lengthening the rom.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks for the quick replies !

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    You don't read well do you? He said he was actually doing a french press, which involves shoulder flexion, allowing the weight to drop behind the head, lengthening the rom.
    is my form ok then for a Rippetoe-style crusher ? anything i need to take note of ?
    inb4 manlet
    inb4 stats

My training log http://bbcom.me/13i2IBv <---- will measly rep for srs comments & criticism !

Oh sorry bout that. What is the differences in the French press and the norm. Asin what muscles are worked etc?

Originally Posted by alejandroPH View Post
    is my form ok then for a Rippetoe-style crusher ? anything i need to take note of ?
    They look fine.

Mainly, if you can feel it in your long heads and it isn't causing you any pain, you should be good to go.

TLL, people use it for the longer ROM and also, as alejandro showed, you can get a bit more of a momentum/explosive concentric. Some liek it, others don't. But the biggest bonus I've seen for it over traditional skulls (that drop the weight to the forehead) is there is less stress on the elbows. Some people can't do skulls pain free.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

jzma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jzma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jzma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jzma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jzma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jzma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jzma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jzma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jzma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jzma is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jzma is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I thought skull crushers were suppose to be,making your arms straight up as if doing bench, put then dropping barbell down to your fore head..... Hence 'skull crushers'. Think your skull crusher form is abit mmmmeh, and your hyper extensions I do the exact same thing.. Am I doing something wrong too

They look fine.

Mainly, if you can feel it in your long heads and it isn't causing you any pain, you should be good to go.
    brb googling where exactly the long heads are

TLL, people use it for the longer ROM and also, as alejandro showed, you can get a bit more of a momentum/explosive concentric. Some liek it, others don't. But the biggest bonus I've seen for it over traditional skulls (that drop the weight to the forehead) is there is less stress on the elbows. Some people can't do skulls pain free.
    not to mention, if rippetoe is correct, that it recruits more muscle/tricep fibers. JasonDB also prescribes this fuller ROM himself. no nuthug, but the guy looks like he knows his stuff

Originally Posted by jzma View Post
    I thought skull crushers were suppose to be,making your arms straight up as if doing bench, put then dropping barbell down to your fore head..... Hence 'skull crushers'. Think your skull crusher form is abit mmmmeh, and your hyper extensions I do the exact same thing.. Am I doing something wrong too
    not wanting to sound like an ******* but please read through the thread. again i am attempting to do a french-style/rippetoe skullcrusher, not as you're thinking as tall lanky teen did.
    inb4 manlet
    inb4 stats

Originally Posted by alejandroPH View Post
    brb googling where exactly the long heads are
    Long heads of the triceps are the target for overhead triceps work.

They are the largest of the three triceps heads. They are on the inner part of your arm (closest to your ribs).
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -