Thread: Striated glutes

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Striated glutes

Hi,

I have my first contest coming up in September, it will be my first time dieting, it might an odd question but is it possible to achieve striated glutes without the use of any supplementsand yet hold as much muscle as possible, how much weeks of preparation would it take? I saw a competition video about the guys I'm going to compete against and only 1 on them in the whole category had striated glutes and hamstrings...I don't know if it's like that in most natural shows
    but striated glutes aren't really common here. I plan on dieting 20 weeks prior to the contest but I seriously have absolutely no idea on when I should start my dieting, I just saw that 24-16 weeks is ideal.
    Natural and supplement free btw.

-Thank you

Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000) Gibson5521 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Of course you can. You don't NEED supplements however whey protein is very convenient and is leucine rich. That and a cheap multi / fish oil is more than enough.

Look up "nattytalk radio" and you can see that one of the co-hosts (Zack) reached striated glutes @ 17. As far as dieting I would do at least 20 weeks. Goodluck bro

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Striated glutes have nothing to do with supplements.....extremely low body fat, developed glute mass, and genetics play the biggest part. If you can achieve them--great!! But if not, it is not a deal breaker as many great bodybuilders (natural and otherwise) have a hard time getting their glutes striated.
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gibson5521 View Post
    Of course you can. You don't NEED supplements however whey protein is very convenient and is leucine rich. That and a cheap multi / fish oil is more than enough.

Look up "nattytalk radio" and you can see that one of the co-hosts (Zack) reached striated glutes @ 17. As far as dieting I would do at least 20 weeks. Goodluck bro
    Thanks but I still can't believe I'll reach striated glutes in 20 weeks, it may be possible and I'm under-estimating myself but I just don't trust 20 weeks, I'd like at least 24 weeks, wouldn't it be more safe?
    I'll definitely check out nattytalk radio.

Originally Posted by simpleguy4 View Post
    Striated glutes have nothing to do with supplements.....extremely low body fat, developed glute mass, and genetics play the biggest part. If you can achieve them--great!! But if not, it is not a deal breaker as many great bodybuilders (natural and otherwise) have a hard time getting their glutes striated.
    I know but what I meant is it possible to reach such conditioning at my age naturally and supplement free, meaning the fat burners, diuretics, etc.

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, it is possible, although it will demand the perfect blend/use of the tools that are at your disposal (not meaning substances). I'd also go with 30-35 weeks just to be safe. It leaves room for error, wich always proves useful first time competitor or not!

A prep coach would also help. Unfortunately for less experienced guys the lack of a prep coach can make or break a competition diet (metabolism damage etc.).
    lófasz

Originally Posted by JanesLastResort View Post
    Yes, it is possible, although it will demand the perfect blend/use of the tools that are at your disposal (not meaning substances). I'd also go with 30-35 weeks just to be safe. It leaves room for error, wich always proves useful first time competitor or not!

A prep coach would also help. Unfortunately for less experienced guys the lack of a prep coach can make or break a competition diet (metabolism damage etc.).
    Holy, 30-35 weeks? I think I'll stick to 24 or so, 30-35 weeks seem too much.
    My metabolism went through starvation and a 60lbs weight loss.

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well leaving room for error is one thing, but you need time to lose fat and the more time you give it the better. Depending on your bf levels 25-35 weeks is reasonable. Obviously you shouldn't aim to kill yourself during that 30 week period, but it will make dieting so much easier if you take it slowly. More porductive in the long run as well.

The more you shorten the amount of time you give to yourself to accomplish your goal the harder you will make it for yourself unnecessarily.
    lófasz

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RoroCwalker View Post
    Holy, 30-35 weeks? I think I'll stick to 24 or so, 30-35 weeks seem too much.
    My metabolism went through starvation and a 60lbs weight loss.
    I agree this is a hell of a long time. I had prepped for 20 weeks and then had a 2 month break and then another 18 week prep for a total of 38 and by the time that second show felt around, I felt like ****, didn't look as good as the first show. Just felt really overly dieted.

I have been noticing though with each prep I go through, I'm able to get leaner and leaner relatively easily. I think to be on the safe side, simply estimate how many pounds you need to lose and allocate 1 week for each pound. If you have 30 lbs to lose, then go with 30 weeks - knowing that in the beginning you may be losing 2 lbs a week but by the end you will be lucky to drop 0.5 lbs.

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi,

I have my first contest coming up in September, it will be my first time dieting, it might an odd question but is it possible to achieve striated glutes without the use of any supplementsand yet hold as much muscle as possible, how much weeks of preparation would it take? I saw a competition video about the guys I'm going to compete against and only 1 on them in the whole category had striated glutes and hamstrings...I don't know if it's like that in most natural shows
    but striated glutes aren't really common here. I plan on dieting 20 weeks prior to the contest but I seriously have absolutely no idea on when I should start my dieting, I just saw that 24-16 weeks is ideal.
    Natural and supplement free btw.

-Thank you
    It depends on how heavy you start. I wouldn't start at 20 weeks out, 14-16 would be better. You don't want to spend too long in a deficit.

Yeah it's possible, you just have to get lean enough.

First, I'd like to thank you all for the answers.

Originally Posted by JanesLastResort View Post
    Well leaving room for error is one thing, but you need time to lose fat and the more time you give it the better. Depending on your bf levels 25-35 weeks is reasonable. Obviously you shouldn't aim to kill yourself during that 30 week period, but it will make dieting so much easier if you take it slowly. More porductive in the long run as well.

The more you shorten the amount of time you give to yourself to accomplish your goal the harder you will make it for yourself unnecessarily.
    I don't mind dieting for 35 weeks really, my only concern is the muscle loss, 35 weeks seems to be too much. I've actually thought about a very very slow dieting, for example, start 30 weeks out and remove let's say...10g carbs per week (example). It seems effective but at the same time...I don't know if it will hinder my muscle loss as much.

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    I agree this is a hell of a long time. I had prepped for 20 weeks and then had a 2 month break and then another 18 week prep for a total of 38 and by the time that second show felt around, I felt like ****, didn't look as good as the first show. Just felt really overly dieted.

I have been noticing though with each prep I go through, I'm able to get leaner and leaner relatively easily. I think to be on the safe side, simply estimate how many pounds you need to lose and allocate 1 week for each pound. If you have 30 lbs to lose, then go with 30 weeks - knowing that in the beginning you may be losing 2 lbs a week but by the end you will be lucky to drop 0.5 lbs.
    The thing is, I don't even know how much I have to lose, even if I estimate my bodyfat, about 14%, I have to lose 9-10% of my bodyweight? But there's also water weight, etc. If I end my bulking at let's say 190lbs, by estimation I can't even say if I'll end up being 150 or 170, I don't know how to calculate water weight.

Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    It depends on how heavy you start. I wouldn't start at 20 weeks out, 14-16 would be better. You don't want to spend too long in a deficit.

Yeah it's possible, you just have to get lean enough.
    Any quick tips? Looking at your avi...holy....Mr. Glutes of peace

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The thing is, I don't even know how much I have to lose, even if I estimate my bodyfat, about 14%, I have to lose 9-10% of my bodyweight? But there's also water weight, etc. If I end my bulking at let's say 190lbs, by estimation I can't even say if I'll end up being 150 or 170, I don't know how to calculate water weight.

Any quick tips? Looking at your avi...holy....Mr. Glutes of peace
    Would need pics to offer you any sort of time frame, 14% could be correct or you could be off.

If you were 190 lbs you would need to lose about 20-30 lbs to be in condition. I was 196 lbs and contest 169 lbs, and I still had a bit to lose.

Would need pics to offer you any sort of time frame, 14% could be correct or you could be off.

If you were 190 lbs you would need to lose about 20-30 lbs to be in condition. I was 196 lbs and contest 169 lbs, and I still had a bit to lose.
    I have an old picture in July when I was 172lbs, I've gained a lot since then and wouldn't be close to what I would look now, and it's a back shot..

I have an old picture in July when I was 172lbs, I've gained a lot since then and wouldn't be close to what I would look now, and it's a back shot..
    you're not helping if you want accurate answers.

But this being your first diet I would like it very unlikely get shredded glutes, just because it's rather difficult.

you're not helping if you want accurate answers.

But this being your first diet I would like it very unlikely get shredded glutes, just because it's rather difficult.
    I'll do anything possible to get them, and also, I've had this fear that because it's my first time dieting, my body wouldn't be capable of going this far on a first time diet or just because I've never been as lean as a starting point, but I'll do what ever it takes to get there. And because of this reason, I'd like to go on a 30 weeks diet but at the same it would hinder my muscle loss and I fear that as conditioned as I may come in, my size would make me degrade in placings.

I'll do anything possible to get them, and also, I've had this fear that because it's my first time dieting, my body wouldn't be capable of going this far on a first time diet or just because I've never been as lean as a starting point, but I'll do what ever it takes to get there. And because of this reason, I'd like to go on a 30 weeks diet but at the same it would hinder my muscle loss and I fear that as conditioned as I may come in, my size would make me degrade in placings.
    if it takes you more than 20 weeks to get into condition you're not working hard enough imo. The muscle loss fear is a little overblown.

if it takes you more than 20 weeks to get into condition you're not working hard enough imo. The muscle loss fear is a little overblown.
    Alright then, just to be in a safe zone, I'll go with a 24 weeks diet.

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Alright then, just to be in a safe zone, I'll go with a 24 weeks diet.
    This is highly individual. It depends where you start your diet and how stubborn the fat in your glutes is. I have seen some competitors who's Glutes came in before their quads were seperated. Personally It's the very last thing to come off of me fat wise. It took me about 22 weeks to get to where they were striated from top to bottom. I still feel like I could have been leaner but it will take another prep to get there. My body was done at this point last prep.

Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

^
    Thanks for your input, but what was your body fat at the start of your prep?
    Also, very nice conditioning, insane level of details.

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My glutes were striated for my 2nd competitive season in 2011. My first season, I wasn't even close. As everyone has said, it is highly individual and it takes time and practice. If you don't wind up with striated glutes during your first prep, who cares. As long as you achieve the best conditioning you have had to date!

Good luck.
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^
    Thanks for your input, but what was your body fat at the start of your prep?
    Also, very nice conditioning, insane level of details.
    I never really got my bodyfat tested. I dropped about 35lbs which looked back was too much. I hold the majority of my fat in my back...I think this is around the start of prep last year.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    My glutes were striated for my 2nd competitive season in 2011. My first season, I wasn't even close. As everyone has said, it is highly individual and it takes time and practice. If you don't wind up with striated glutes during your first prep, who cares. As long as you achieve the best conditioning you have had to date!

Good luck.
    Yes each prep it seems to get better and better. I am looking forward to the next one for sure! Hopefully a bit leaner and a bit more muscle.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post

Good luck.
    I see, thank you.

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I never really got my bodyfat tested. I dropped about 35lbs which looked back was too much. I hold the majority of my fat in my back...I think this is around the start of prep last year.
    You started off quite lean from the back considering there's a slightly visible christmas tree or at least what seems to be striations in your lower back where I tend to hold most of my fat.