devender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HIIT AM (insanity) Strength training PM (big man on campus)

Hello Everyone. I am back to working out after a 6 year hiatus. I am aiming for a complete body transformation. I am hoping because I am starting new, I can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time for the first few weeks. If not, my main goal is fat loss. I have lots of free time at the moment so I decided to go really hard. The first couple weeks was getting back into everything and getting my nutrition down, but now I am ready to go. I am doing Insanity in the mornings around 10:00AM and following the Big Man on Campus workout routine for strength training at around 9:00PM. I am not doing cardio on leg days, and doing yoga on active rest days. I am wondering if this program will lead to over training? Or if It is in general a good idea? My diet is pretty clean and around 20/35/45 I am 6' 0" weight 255lbs and body fat is around 25%. My first goal is 220lbs 15% body fat by April. Possible?

Not getting reply

Sorry, did I do something wrong in my question to not merit a reply? I am still fairly new

BuggyLemon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by devender View Post
    Hello Everyone. I am back to working out after a 6 year hiatus. I am aiming for a complete body transformation. I am hoping because I am starting new, I can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time for the first few weeks. If not, my main goal is fat loss. I have lots of free time at the moment so I decided to go really hard. The first couple weeks was getting back into everything and getting my nutrition down, but now I am ready to go. I am doing Insanity in the mornings around 10:00AM and following the Big Man on Campus workout routine for strength training at around 9:00PM. I am not doing cardio on leg days, and doing yoga on active rest days. I am wondering if this program will lead to over training? Or if It is in general a good idea? My diet is pretty clean and around 20/35/45 I am 6' 0" weight 255lbs and body fat is around 25%. My first goal is 220lbs 15% body fat by April. Possible?
    HIIT is taxing on the CNS and that coupled with weight training (also very taxing on CNS) on the same day can lead to overtraining if the routine is followed for a long enough period of time. I would suggest more rest to keep your body from breaking down.

General rule of thumb: Never do HIIT on the same day as weights.

Originally Posted by BuggyLemon View Post
    HIIT is taxing on the CNS and that coupled with weight training (also very taxing on CNS) on the same day can lead to overtraining if the routine is followed for a long enough period of time. I would suggest more rest to keep your body from breaking down.

General rule of thumb: Never do HIIT on the same day as weights.
    I am doing a 2 on 1 off for both hiit and strength. Not enough rest?

HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) HighSquatBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would only do the HIIT once or twice a week if I were you. Getting lean is more about good nutrition than doing insane amounts of exercise. Focusing on just exercise to lose fat will quickly lead to a plateau and burn out. Lift hard and gradually lower your calories over time and you will see steady progress.

CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Calculating Calorie & Macronutrient Needs

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

I would also ditch the Big Man on Campus if you are a beginner. Beginners have no need for bro splits. (I assume thats what it is)
    First, Revolution
    Then, Resolution
    Finally, Evolution

SQ [450x1] BP [285x1] DL [500x1] all @ 230 Raw, Drug Free