tfpriest is a name known to all. (+5000) tfpriest is a name known to all. (+5000) tfpriest is a name known to all. (+5000) tfpriest is a name known to all. (+5000) tfpriest is a name known to all. (+5000) tfpriest is a name known to all. (+5000) tfpriest is a name known to all. (+5000) tfpriest is a name known to all. (+5000) tfpriest is a name known to all. (+5000) tfpriest is a name known to all. (+5000) tfpriest is a name known to all. (+5000)

How does it feel to be 60? Plus other ? For O 35.

Assuming a person maintains an averagely healthy life...what does it feel like to be 60? Vs 45? Vs 30? Vs 20?

Is it hard to get out of bed? Is your thought process dramatically different? Is sex drive different? Do you "feel old"? Do you wish for youth again or happy with where you are?

Thoughts on marriage and having kids? What age do you think is good for it? What do you think a person should accomplish by the end of their 20s and also by end of their 30s?

Any other advice is appreciated. I've lived a pretty tough life and have am grateful to have overcome some major obstacles and succeed in a lot of different things. I however am reaching a point where I am realizing how fast time is going by and trying to decide whether I want. I've lived an assortment of lives, from extreme poverty to extreme obese, married and divorced a highs hook sweetheart, to getting pretty and playing the field.

I've been with an older woman (14 years older than me) for a course years, and helped her raise a 10 month old who is now 3. Behind closed doors we have an amazing relationship but our families and social circles are totally incompatible. I'm tempted to move to Washington DC where my best friend lives and restart my life even though I have an OK 40k middle. Lass income with Tons of great benefits, I'm thinking of leaving it all behind and I feel like I just don't have anyone in my life to give me some useful advice. I can make probably 70k + in DC with my experience and credentials. What would you do if you were me given what you know about life?
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths." - Arnold Schwarzeneggar

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yes I can barely get out of bed.
    David

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tfpriest View Post
    Thoughts on marriage and having kids? What age do you think is good for it? What do you think a person should accomplish by the end of their 20s and also by end of their 30s?

Any other advice is appreciated. I've lived a pretty tough life and have am grateful to have overcome some major obstacles and succeed in a lot of different things. I however am reaching a point where I am realizing how fast time is going by and trying to decide whether I want. I've lived an assortment of lives, from extreme poverty to extreme obese, married and divorced a highs hook sweetheart, to getting pretty and playing the field.

I've been with an older woman (14 years older than me) for a course years, and helped her raise a 10 month old who is now 3. Behind closed doors we have an amazing relationship but our families and social circles are totally incompatible. I'm tempted to move to Washington DC where my best friend lives and restart my life even though I have an OK 40k middle. Lass income with Tons of great benefits, I'm thinking of leaving it all behind and I feel like I just don't have anyone in my life to give me some useful advice. I can make probably 70k + in DC with my experience and credentials. What would you do if you were me given what you know about life?
    Keep in mind that the cost of living in Washington DC is also fairly high:

http://www.bestplaces.net/cost_of_li...bia/washington

So, making 70K in DC would be roughly equivalent to making 49K in areas of the country that hit the national average. But if you like the idea of living in DC, I say go for it. I lived in NYC for 6 years and was dirt poor, but liked it a lot.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Assuming a person maintains an averagely healthy life...what does it feel like to be 60? Vs 45? Vs 30? Vs 20?

Is it hard to get out of bed? Is your thought process dramatically different? Is sex drive different? Do you "feel old"? Do you wish for youth again or happy with where you are?

Your questions are so disjointed that it reminds me what it was like to be your age.

No disrespect, your questions are not unhealthy or unoriginal. But, you all so all over the place that I an answer your questions with ONE answer-

NO-- I never want to be in my 20's again, if it means my mind is as crazy as yours is now-

I think we trade energy and strength for peace and wisdom. I am just trying to slow down the flow and loss of energy and strength now...
    Nobody improves without trying. Period.

Listen to your wisdom as you gain it. Rarely are things lost forever. Change is usually always possible. Second chances sometimes reveal better results than first chances. Always look to believe that you can and will be better. You're not done until you give up.

(Bear= wife's nickname for me... Luna= my nickname for her)

BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Your questions are so disjointed that it reminds me what it was like to be your age.

No disrespect, your questions are not unhealthy or unoriginal. But, you all so all over the place that I want to answer your questions with ONE answer-

NO-- I never want to be in my 20's again, if it means my mind is as crazy as yours is now-

I think we trade energy and strength for peace and wisdom. I am just trying to slow down the flow and loss of energy and strength now...
    Nobody improves without trying. Period.

Listen to your wisdom as you gain it. Rarely are things lost forever. Change is usually always possible. Second chances sometimes reveal better results than first chances. Always look to believe that you can and will be better. You're not done until you give up.

(Bear= wife's nickname for me... Luna= my nickname for her)

Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's always nice when a younger guy asks these questions. I would of loved to hear these answers from older guys when I was younger.

For me (I'm 46 now) I'm having some physical issues mainly stemming from a fractured spine I sustained in a motorcycle wreck when I was 40. I have hardware in my spine along with a fusion, I've been having lower disc problems which is common years after a fusion. I don't squat near as heavy as I used too and get stiff if sitting to long, not really an age thing though. Other than that I feel strong and out lift most of the younger guys at the gym.

Sex drive is great, I have a very attractive wife that is 7 years younger which helps I'm sure. I keep my test levels above average which really does wonders.

desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 46 but have been given advice from 60 somethings and follow it and that is don't take short cuts with anything, Experience as much as you can while you can. You should do what impresses you not someone else.
    http://www.aussietrackandfieldforum.com.au/

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thoughts on having kids, when you are over 60????????? lol........

or do you mean, looking BACK, your thoughts on having HAD kids....

could you clarify that please.....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, one of the benefits of getting older is hopefully one begins to gain a better sense of self. The vibe I get from you is you don't know who you are. Changing external factors like girlfriends, jobs, locales is merely an attempt to find yourself, though you may not know it.

In my short life, beset with life issues, health, and so forth, I've spent many years, distracting myself, in a way, avoiding myself. It's so easy to get caught up in the moment, to go through life with no one at the helm. In the past year, I've really begun to face myself, and to try and learn more about what makes me tick, why do I act or behave certain ways. What are my fears, what excuses to I readily offer myself to be "safe". What are my goals, aspirations, what makes me happy and gives me peace?

One thing I've tried to do more of, is cut out the noise. Eliminate non-utility facets of life that don't contribute in a meaningful way. For me, this has been cutting out some online games and other "numbing" activities. I've learned better how to listen to those important to me. To quit discounting or prejudging their ideas. To note their nuances, idiosyncrasies and to better appreciate what it is about them that makes them beautiful.

I have a great wife and fantastic son. Some of what they've needed from me over the years I couldn't give because I wasn't at peace with myself, and in some ways I pay a price for that. How can you let others get to know you, when you don't know yourself. The process of understanding yourself isn't always pleasant. Sometimes it hurts to recognize your failings. Regret can play a huge part in this process. While you can't rewind the clock, you can make amends where needed, and you can use that to enable a better person to shine through.

I write all this in a way because it's a public way to vocalize to myself what it is I'm challenged with and what I'm trying to accomplish. It appears you may be in a similar position, so I encourage you to skip changing your environs before getting to the root of the matter. When you find what drove you to write your post you can begin to reconcile the person who wrote it, with the person you aspire to be.

In close, I'm not suggesting you embark on the 7 steps to enlightenment, or anything like that, just to get to know yourself, and in so doing, build a life that you can look back on with a smile.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Interesting post, I’ve only got 7 years to go!
    I remember when I was in my twenties thinking people are old at 50, now I’ve surpassed that I don’t feel old in anyway.
    I’ve noticed people age physically and mentally very differently, I’m going to do my very best to stay as young as I can for as long as possible.
    Some people give into old age far too young!

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Since when did the OV35 turned into a Dear Abby letter?
    On the list for Bannukah

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oscar Wilde said the tragedy of growing old is not that you feel old but you feel young.

I'm a wee nipper of 45 so I've a few years to go yet but I'm definitely in middle age. Mentally I'm more secure now than I was in my twenties and care less about the small stuff, but I'm still the same person. I still have the same crazy daydreams, still love playing computer games and riding rollercoasters and I still go to the gym just as much.

Joints hurt more now - my knees hurt going up and down stairs and I get a low backache if I stand too long - but that's small stuff really. I have no major health issues, energy levels are good and nothing has stopped working yet.
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not 60 but a only a year and days away from it and I've forgotten what it was like to be twenty.

Looking back life has it's up and downs. Sometimes plans just don't work out. I've had jobs and wives disappear. Had a bout with cancer, couple deep vein thromsomethings and my heart has come to a near stop three times necessitating opportunities to meet the local ambulance crew. Developed and got past a drinking problem and some anger issues. Reconciled with my last wife to the point we have a long distance relationship we are very comfortable with. Getting to the point of feeling good about yourself is sweet. I think realizing their is satisfaction in helping others be happy is important.

Physically I felt better after my twenties. Joints might be a little sorer every decade but not debilitating. Can't run as fast or far as before and doubt I can as the cancer left scar tissue in my lungs. I don't lift big but lift more than I ever did before. Not having a hangover is a big help. So does being retired and easily sticking to a schedule.

So plan but don't tie yourself to it just for the sake of having a plan. And don't be surprised if nothing works out the way you think it will. Enjoy life.

desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was a black belt in teakwondo in my twenties then stopped all fitness and everything to have a family and have other hobbies. The regret now is trying to get the fitness and flexibility back after 20 years of none, it is very hard.
    Don't stop the fitness
    http://www.aussietrackandfieldforum.com.au/