jwilliams474 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwilliams474 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwilliams474 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwilliams474 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwilliams474 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwilliams474 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwilliams474 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwilliams474 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwilliams474 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwilliams474 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwilliams474 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Desire: Closer to my Dreams

I have always aspired to behold a desire that would forever burn, a passion that would drive others in wanting more in their lives than simply go through the motions of life. As I physically prepare for my competitions this year, I cannot help but notice the weight of pressure that has been created on me to succeed surpass the weight I must actually lose to become stage ready. As it is in life as well as competing, physical preparation is only part of what makes us successful. The mental aspect, the irrational in life that consumes our life (desires, dreams, emotions, thoughts, and our free will) is where we define ourselves. Many philosophers have long debated the place of the irrational in life and whether it detracts from reason or not, but I propose that it is the irrational in life that allows us to not accept the rational as absolute thereby challenging ourselves to overcome what others say cannot be done. My desire to succeed in my sport, in my career, and in life has all been fueled by challenging myself to defy the rationalism of my life and progress myself closer to my dreams. It is truly a surreal feeling to look back 5 years ago and think I would be even where I am today. Just a scrawny 130lb kid who’s parents never even went to college aspiring to become a doctor while having a tangible passion in life to be proud of. This is not intended to be a ‘rise from the ashes’ memoir because truthfully while I have come a long way from the insecure kid I once was, I have not accomplished all that I have set out to achieve. Truth is, I’m simply at a checkpoint, an auto save if you will, in my life where I know that even if I fail I will never allow myself to be anything less than what I am now.
    I’ve heard many times life is not about finding oneself but creating yourself. It is my belief that you must learn to create yourself through dreams, goals, and ambitions that in turn construct desire and dedication to work hard. I will forever be the biggest believer in life truly being what you make it. For me, I plan on making my life everything I desire it to be through the support of faith, family, and friends. See the best part of life is you’re the one who decides if you fail or not. While life brings hardships, unexpected events, and uncontrollable circumstances, I refuse to fail because to me failing is equated to giving up. Therefore I know I will succeed, regardless of the outcome of my life because in this checkpoint that I currently reside in, I have already refused to give up.
    I challenge anyone who reads this to reflect on their own life to see what drives it. Is it passion, desire, and success or is it something that’s depth of satisfaction mirrors shallowness.
    Attached Images

CJ983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well said man and great job on your transformation. This is just what some people (including myself) need to hear at times.