mkolbapl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

30 pounds in 3 months?

Hey first post on the BB forum here. New Year comes new challenges but mine is mostly unfinished business. I used to be 320 a year and a half ago but have lost 80 pounds strictly through cardio and diet. My cardio routine was 30 minutes on a elliptical for about 3/4 times a week. I've been keeping up well until the past 6 months or so in which I barely hit the gym. Within the past 3 months I went from 240 (my low) to 253, especially through the holidays and have abused my diet, (more fast food). Previously when I was on my diet, I simply ate at home (two meals a day, fruits/veggies, water) Well, I am here now looking for additional advice on my weight loss. I want to lose 30-35 more pounds which would bring me at 220 pounds. Losing fat is the main focus, once I reach my weight goal I want to start building muscle. Any advice on what I should do? Is it possible to lose that amount in 3 months?

dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1150 calorie deficit = 30lbs loss in 3 months. That is fairly doable as long as you're eating properly.

GANTOBURY is on a distinguished road. (+10) GANTOBURY is on a distinguished road. (+10) GANTOBURY is on a distinguished road. (+10) GANTOBURY is on a distinguished road. (+10) GANTOBURY is on a distinguished road. (+10) GANTOBURY is on a distinguished road. (+10) GANTOBURY is on a distinguished road. (+10) GANTOBURY is on a distinguished road. (+10) GANTOBURY is on a distinguished road. (+10) GANTOBURY is on a distinguished road. (+10) GANTOBURY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    30 might be a little too hard unless youre 100% dedicated and your workout and diet are spot on....20-25 is definitely more achievable

Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it can happen but you need to be dedicated
    U.S. ARMY

For those who have had to fight for it, life has a speacial meaning the protected shall never know.

Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A 2.5 pound weekly loss is definitely doable starting from 253 lbs.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mkolbapl21 View Post
    Hey first post on the BB forum here. New Year comes new challenges but mine is mostly unfinished business. I used to be 320 a year and a half ago but have lost 80 pounds strictly through cardio and diet. My cardio routine was 30 minutes on a elliptical for about 3/4 times a week. I've been keeping up well until the past 6 months or so in which I barely hit the gym. Within the past 3 months I went from 240 (my low) to 253, especially through the holidays and have abused my diet, (more fast food). Previously when I was on my diet, I simply ate at home (two meals a day, fruits/veggies, water) Well, I am here now looking for additional advice on my weight loss. I want to lose 30-35 more pounds which would bring me at 220 pounds. Losing fat is the main focus, once I reach my weight goal I want to start building muscle. Any advice on what I should do? Is it possible to lose that amount in 3 months?
    Thought i'd chip in since your situation is similar to mine (used to be 286lbs)
    Do you have your diet in check ? Read the stickies on the forum and got your macros, tdee etc. ? If not go do so.
    Also start weightlifting to preserve lean mass if you have not already , I did cardio for most of my weight loss and regret not doing weightlifting from the start still.
    And you might have to reconsider your goal weight, I had to drop to 186 before I felt ready to start bulking and building muscle, Great job on the weight loss so far but be prepared that you might have to cut further then you thought before starting bulk/lean bulk.

Getting diet in check and starting weight lifting should be top priority first, then add the cardio you feel you can manage without it interfering with weight lifting.

Atleast that's my advice from my own experience.

Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks guys for the info i too am trying to turbo charge my weightloss efforts. do you think it's possible to get these kinds of results even after a substantial weight loss? or should i just expect slower results?
    Watch My Weight Loss Journey
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MeOnlyBetter2013

TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I recently did it, but it was absolutely brutal.

IF + protein shakes with fruit + normal diet

I also took EC stack for almost the entirety of my cut

I started at 220, ended up around 180, but got the 30 lbs in a little less than 3 months

Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Losing at that pace depends on...
    1. How much excess bodyfat you currently have in relation to your LBM (i.e. your current body composition makeup).
    2. How long you have been currently eating at a deficit (the longer you eat at a deficit, the more chance you'll develop a metabolic response and/or adaptation).
    3. If you have the willpower of the Gods (most people think they do, until they try to shed 30lbs of bodyfat in 3 months).

But for most, 2.5lbs/week of true fat loss and not just reduction in "scale weight" is a blazingly fast. Running a deficit of 1250 calories/day is a big hole!

It can be done OP, but it will likely be balls to the wall difficult. Some people can do it, some can't. I'm in the category of those who couldn't hang at dropping fat that fast. In fact, it took me 6 months to lose a little over 30lbs - which was much easier and sustainable for me. YMMV.

Good luck OP, keep at it.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Kingthumper
    http://www.alanaragon.com
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com
    http://www.biolayne.com

mkolbapl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks appreciate the advice very much. The diet part is easier for me I limit myself to two meals a day with lunch and dinner. My lunch consists of a routine homemade sandwich and dinner consists of soup and a variety of meats (beef, pork, chicken) and fruits. I mainly let myself go a bit b/c of school but now that I am done with that I have newfound motivation and time to chisel away at the remaining weight I have to lose