Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eggs

Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eggs

Now because im starting to go to the gym and getting healthy is having eggs every day for breaky fatning or good.

What egs are best to have, soft boiled, hard boiled, scrambled, sunny side up aka fried eggs.
    I am what you were, but will become what you are now.

GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat eggs everyday. No less than 3, but usually around 5-6. If it's any indication, I'm down from 218 to 197 in the past few months, the lightest I've been since 7th grade. Eggs have a great amount of protein and fat, and are low carb. I don't see anything wrong with them, but I would research cholesterol if you're worried about that.

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    eggs are eggs cooking them doesnt make them less better for you.....Fattening? dietary fat IS VITAL..... eat your damn eggs /thread
    "Voracious Overeaters Crew" (JasonDB) lol

Starting weight 235 lbs(April 2012) - Oct 29/12 159.1 lbs (FAIL)

Starting weight again 230 -235 lbs May 2015 - Nov 2015.. 211.9

Bulking

Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lawman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GIGAJONES View Post
    I eat eggs everyday. No less than 3, but usually around 5-6. If it's any indication, I'm down from 218 to 197 in the past few months, the lightest I've been since 7th grade. Eggs have a great amount of protein and fat, and are low carb. I don't see anything wrong with them, but I would research cholesterol if you're worried about that.
    Yeah wouldn't to many eggs bring a lot of cholesterol. Thats what im worried about

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lawman21 View Post
    Yeah wouldn't to many eggs bring a lot of cholesterol. Thats what im worried about
    Dietary cholesterol has been proven to not effect blood cholesterol, actually its been said to lower bad blood cholesterol so again...EAT your damn eggs

Bulking

Originally Posted by Tdiguy View Post
    Dietary cholesterol has been proven to not effect blood cholesterol, actually its been said to lower bad blood cholesterol so again...EAT your damn eggs
    I was reading now that removing the egg yoak is better because thats where all the fat is

I was reading now that removing the egg yoak is better because thats where all the fat is
    what the FUK is wrong with fat?

Bulking

what the FUK is wrong with fat?
    I dunnonit was telling me meh injust had 2 soft boiled eggs now.

I dunnonit was telling me meh injust had 2 soft boiled eggs now.
    You need to read the stickies...sure seems like you lack basic nutrition knowledge and probably are deficient in dietary fat in which case your going to enjoy erectile issues soon if you keep it up.

Bulking

You need to read the stickies...sure seems like you lack basic nutrition knowledge and probably are deficient in dietary fat in which case your going to enjoy erectile issues soon if you keep it up.
    I completley lost you there what do you mean.

no dietary fat intake===== no boners

That clearer

Bulking

no dietary fat intake===== no boners

That clearer
    Really :O

Really :O
    really

Bulking

Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whole eggs are fine. Don't worry about the cholesterol or fat.

As far as cooking them, generally lower temperatures like poaching them are better to prevent too much cholesterol oxidation. That being said, I usually just eat them scrambled with coconut oil as they taste better.
    Get my free motivational fat loss and muscle building guide for busy people @ excuseproof.com.

Author of "50 Fitness Tips You Wish You Knew" and "How To Stick To A Diet"

JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No dietary fat = No sex drive. Plus many other problems. As long as its not trans, eat your fat.

Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Killafornia805 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fattening? GTFO
    I can eat pizza, burgers, fries, chips all day and not gain 1 lb of fat

Calories in < calories out

Plus egg whites have 0 fat in them

I have 2 cups egg whites, 1 whole egg, ham and mozzarella cheese every morning,

So what you guys are saying is, I could 4 eggs each day, and my cholesterol wouldn't go up ^ because I'm working out. But if I wasn't working out and I was having 4 eggs a day it would be going up. So ive got pretty much nothing to worry about.

paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) paulzee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Eat as many eggs as you like, as mentioned above dietary fat is vital to your overall well being - energy, sanity, satiety, hormonal response (you know building muscle which is what you want I'd assume) along with your sex drive.

Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So what you guys are saying is, I could 4 eggs each day, and my cholesterol wouldn't go up ^ because I'm working out. But if I wasn't working out and I was having 4 eggs a day it would be going up. So ive got pretty much nothing to worry about.
    It's more like the entire idea of dietary cholesterol being a "bad guy" is highly debatable.

It's more about getting the idea that cholesterol or fat = bad out of the head entirely. That's way too simplistic of a way of looking at things as both these things have their proper place.
    Get my free motivational fat loss and muscle building guide for busy people @ excuseproof.com.

Author of "50 Fitness Tips You Wish You Knew" and "How To Stick To A Diet"

Originally Posted by paulzee View Post
    Eat as many eggs as you like, as mentioned above dietary fat is vital to your overall well being - energy, sanity, satiety, hormonal response (you know building muscle which is what you want I'd assume) along with your sex drive.
    I'm only 18 not doing any sexytime yet

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Then it will ruin your fapping

qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you broken?!
    Platform Supplemets:
    Controlled Labs Orange Triad & Oximega
    Allmax Creapture Creatine

Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    Then it will ruin your fapping
    In deed

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    cheese omelet > everything else
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    cheese omelet > everything else
    Just had half a plate of potato, cheese and 7 egg omelette last night

Registered Genius GimmeTheJooce's Avatar
    GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500)
    these forums kill me.. where are the sources?!

YES! egg yolks are full of cholesterol! and it IS bad for you in excess.. the average yolk has 180mg and a healthy person should try not to exceed 300mg daily. There is a reason for egg whites! Most studies I've read will be based on a person eating 4-12 eggs a week.. let me say that again.. 4-12 eggs A WEEK.

dietary cholesterol can cause build up of plaque in the blood overtime just as much as your steak. You don't need to cut it out of your diet, just be smart or suffer. Especially to those with a family history of heart disease!

Stick to 1-2 eggs and add in some egg whites, you don't have to worry about fat from eggs there are much worse things..

source: 400 level nutrition course @psu, as well as WebMD and mayoclinic.. can't go wrong
    "He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." -Thomas Jefferson

οὖτος μὲν οἴεταί τι εἰδέναι οὐκ εἰδώς, ἐγὼ δέ, ὥσπερ οὖν οὐκ οἶδα, οὐδὲ οἴμαι

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GimmeTheJooce View Post
    these forums kill me.. where are the sources?!

YES! egg yolks are full of cholesterol! and it IS bad for you in excess.. the average yolk has 180mg and a healthy person should try not to exceed 300mg daily. There is a reason for egg whites! Most studies I've read will be based on a person eating 4-12 eggs a week.. let me say that again.. 4-12 eggs A WEEK.

dietary cholesterol can cause build up of plaque in the blood overtime just as much as your steak. You don't need to cut it out of your diet, just be smart or suffer. Especially to those with a family history of heart disease!

Stick to 1-2 eggs and add in some egg whites, you don't have to worry about fat from eggs there are much worse things..

source: 400 level nutrition course @psu, as well as WebMD and mayoclinic.. can't go wrong
    ...what is often forgotten is that the body actually makes more cholesterol (in the liver) than most people would eat in a day. As well, the body tend to adapt to changing dietary cholesterol intakes. When you eat less dietary cholesterol, the body will make more; when you eat more, the body makes less.

And this is why a lot of the concern over dietary cholesterol per se is a bit misplaced; for most people the intake of dietary cholesterol has little to no impact on blood cholesterol in the first place. It’s worth mentioning that a certain percentage of people seem to be responders to dietary cholesterol intake in terms of how their blood cholesterol is affected however.

Rather, it is the intake of specific types of triglycerides that seems to have a far larger role on blood cholesterol levels; exercise also plays a role and there are strong genetic factors which determine blood cholesterol levels as wel

GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500) GimmeTheJooce is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    ...what is often forgotten is that the body actually makes more cholesterol (in the liver) than most people would eat in a day. As well, the body tend to adapt to changing dietary cholesterol intakes. When you eat less dietary cholesterol, the body will make more; when you eat more, the body makes less.

And this is why a lot of the concern over dietary cholesterol per se is a bit misplaced; for most people the intake of dietary cholesterol has little to no impact on blood cholesterol in the first place. It’s worth mentioning that a certain percentage of people seem to be responders to dietary cholesterol intake in terms of how their blood cholesterol is affected however.

Rather, it is the intake of specific types of triglycerides that seems to have a far larger role on blood cholesterol levels; exercise also plays a role and there are strong genetic factors which determine blood cholesterol levels as wel
    you have just listed a dozen factors which could influence your blood cholesterol.. I'm saying that increasing your dietary intake will most likely raise your blood chol. For example, OP said he made an omelet with 7 eggs.. that's ~1300mg.. do that daily and talk to your doctor.

ps- working out raises your blood pressue.. increase your cholesterol.. hello hypertension

stick to tilapia with 1 egg and 2 cups egg whites, every other morning for me mmmmmm fuarkn tasty
    "He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." -Thomas Jefferson

NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Im vegetarian, I eat about 70 eggs a week. I do 1 Yolk\5 eggs. Keep that chol. Down.

Originally Posted by NewGainNation View Post
    Im vegetarian, I eat about 70 eggs a week. I do 1 Yolk\5 eggs. Keep that chol. Down.
    70? so you refuse to eat the chicken but you'll slaughter her unborn children?