Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chest workout

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mastdog View Post
    The consensus and surely best advice to give would be to choose flat it should be the foundation of a chest workout. obvious exceptions like if you have shoulder issues that prevent you from doing flat.

Advising a beginner to not do flat is just wrong
    I disagree.

As a pec exercise, I feel decline is better. Flat bench is the staple everyone does because people like to ask "What's your bench?" and also it is one of the power lifting exercises. For pec development I'd highly recommend decline over flat. Flat provides adequate stimulus, while being much tougher on the shoulders. I'd prefer to have more stimulation while being easier on the body.

The largest complaint I hear about decline (from people who have actually done the lift and don't just make blanket statements about an exercise they've never actually performed) is that it builds the lower pecs too well and it has to be used in moderation to avoid imbalances.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Only speaking from experience but I wouldnt feel like id worked my chest at all after 3 sets of incline and 3 sets of decline. You would probably get newbie strength gains doign that 3 times a week but for better chest development I wouldnt say thats a good idea at all.
    I dont rate decline whatsoever.
    Flat bench should always be incorporated to a chest workout
    No isolation movement?
    I think you should fully work chest once maybe just maybe twice a week.
    1) It's not enough? Well, try to improve your form. You don't have to feel like s*** or have a pump to have an effective workout. This is a common misconception.
    2) Not a good idea at all? To be honest, considering all your previous posts, you don't know what is a good idea or not, lol.
    3) "I dont rate decline whatsoever" - this doesn't make sense, elaborate?
    4) Flat bench should not always be incorporated to a chest workout, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    5) Why should one add an isolation movement if compounds suffice?
    6) For bodybuilding purposes, 3 times a week is optimal to keep muscle protein synthesis elevated. For a more advanced person, 2x a week would probably be better all-around before of volume versus recovery, but that's another subject.

mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mastdog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    1, my form is fine, maybe in a full body routine it would be enough but not for a fully effective chest workout
    3, Decline is inferior to Flat, it just is, your entitled to your opinion but I dont agree.
    4, For developing strength, mass, overall development you cant miss flat whether it be db or bb. Minority do decline instead but like I said I dont think its right unless its to prevent from aggrivating an injury
    5, I think isolations should be included because they spicifically hit the muscle intended. If your not training full body you should include them.
    6, If your properly training chest you cant do it 3 times a week it would be counter productive. Training like you said just doing 6 total sets 3 times a week will not be anywhere near as benificial as hitting it hard 1-2 times a week. Rest is very important but only if you actually train 100% which it sounds like you dont.

SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SixFootSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1, my form is fine, maybe in a full body routine it would be enough but not for a fully effective chest workout
    3, Decline is inferior to Flat, it just is, your entitled to your opinion but I dont agree.
    4, For developing strength, mass, overall development you cant miss flat whether it be db or bb. Minority do decline instead but like I said I dont think its right unless its to prevent from aggrivating an injury
    5, I think isolations should be included because they spicifically hit the muscle intended. If your not training full body you should include them.
    6, If your properly training chest you cant do it 3 times a week it would be counter productive. Training like you said just doing 6 total sets 3 times a week will not be anywhere near as benificial as hitting it hard 1-2 times a week. Rest is very important but only if you actually train 100% which it sounds like you dont.
    but who was point 2? :/

JJTransforms02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJTransforms02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJTransforms02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJTransforms02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJTransforms02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJTransforms02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJTransforms02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJTransforms02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJTransforms02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJTransforms02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJTransforms02 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Me being on PHAT, I workout chest twice a week.

Hypertrophy day:

Flat DB press x 3
    Flat DB flyes x 3
    Cable chest press x 3
    Incline flyes x 3
    Weighted dips x 3

On Strength days:

Flat DB Press x 3
    Incline DB Press x 3
    Decline BB press dropsets x 2
    Cable crossovers x 4 (inner chest lacking)
    QC CREW 4 LIFE T TU FACHÉ???
    *~*Montreal Misc Crew*~*

YALL MOFOS NEED TO JUMP ON 5/3/1!!!!

Bench : 235 x 6
    OHP: 170 x 3
    Squats: 325 x 3
    DL: 425 x 2

ON INSTAGRAM STRAIGHT FLEXIN'