Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Roxyraver View Post
    Sooooo yesterday was kind-of a fail nutrition and working out wise. I didn't work out because I lifted Wednesday night, and since the program I do is a full-body one, I was too sore to lift the next day (yesterday)... my meals were great up until dinner.... neither me nor hubby wanted to cook, so he stopped and got taco bell. eeeeeek. i had 2 soft tacos and 2 hard shell tacos...

Summary
    Calories in: ~2247
    Calories out: ~1729

Macros:
    Fat - 39.5%
    Pro - 23.6%
    Carb - 36.9%
    Alcohol - 0%
    Other - 0%

Fat is obviously way too high.

Ah well. I'm doing Body Jam tonight, yayyyyyyyyyyy. Then tomorrow is NROLFW. Anyone know any healthy chinese food choices? Hubster wants chinese tonight, and I'm eyeing up the "szechuan string beans and shrimp" but I'm not sure how the nutrition of the szechuan sauce is... hmmm.
    I've justed hinted to my OH to grab me some KFC
    I know he won't tho, so I've set myself up to crave it...mite have to have some soup and jam on toast instead
    Dont reward ur self with food, ur not a dog

Insanity: doing the same thing over again and expecting different results...
    (So change it up)

Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you, Madi!!!

And twinkle, I haven't had KFC in forever!
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150955983

twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10) twinklebeef is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ....same, that's y I fancy it
    I shouldn't really, I'll be eating most of the day tomorrow, got a four course dinner lined up!

(So change it up)

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sooooo yesterday was kind-of a fail nutrition and working out wise. I didn't work out because I lifted Wednesday night, and since the program I do is a full-body one, I was too sore to lift the next day (yesterday)... my meals were great up until dinner.... neither me nor hubby wanted to cook, so he stopped and got taco bell. eeeeeek. i had 2 soft tacos and 2 hard shell tacos...

Summary
    Calories in: ~2247
    Calories out: ~1729

Macros:
    Fat - 39.5%
    Pro - 23.6%
    Carb - 36.9%
    Alcohol - 0%
    Other - 0%

Fat is obviously way too high.

Ah well. I'm doing Body Jam tonight, yayyyyyyyyyyy. Then tomorrow is NROLFW. Anyone know any healthy chinese food choices? Hubster wants chinese tonight, and I'm eyeing up the "szechuan string beans and shrimp" but I'm not sure how the nutrition of the szechuan sauce is... hmmm.
    I tried the Body Jam class a long time ago when they first started it. It was fun! I used to do the Body Pump classes 2-3 times a week then - seems like a lifetime ago (7 years or so maybe?)

As far as the Chinese - I've ordered shrimp and broccoli off of the "diet" menu before (basically they don't use sauce and will include it on the side if you like). Then I just put my own soy or something of the like on it that I actually know the counts for. That way you are still getting the benefit of "ease" and "treat" from ordering Chinese food. I don't know that that is the best option - but that seems to work out for me!

Have fun watching the game on Sunday! My family will be munching veggies with ranch dip (made with FF Greek yogurt!) and some reduced fat cheeses and turkey pepperoni. They all eat it up and don't know the wiser. Yum!!!
    Please join me on my journey to find balance:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147375163

Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10) Roxyraver is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    WHAT A WIN for us, eh marathonmom?!?!! wooooo!!!!!

my weekend was pretty good... I'm kind of pissy that I don't have off today... seems like I'm the only a-hole at work today! lol. Hubby is even off and I wish I could have spent the day with him... ah well, what can ya do. This gig pays the bills.

my eating wasn't so fantastic this weekend. I really need to get my weekends under control. I do FINE during the week for the most part and then fail on the weekends. I need to remedy this. and fast!

I'm also ashamed to admit I didn't work out this weekend, at all, besides Friday night... I planned on doing NROLFW Saturday, but by the time I ran all the errands/etc, I got lazy and vegged out instead. *le sigh*

hope you all had a marvelous weekend!!! i'm counting down the days to Friday!
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

kritney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kritney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kritney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kritney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi! I have the same problem with weekends. I can do great for 5 days then throw it all away on the weekends! It sucks but I'm determined to conquer the weekends, LOL

Originally Posted by kritney View Post
    Hi! I have the same problem with weekends. I can do great for 5 days then throw it all away on the weekends! It sucks but I'm determined to conquer the weekends, LOL
    I am SO right there with you. Weekends are my biggest problems. I know how to maintain my weight, but when I have 50+ lbs to lose, maintenance isn't cutting it!!!!!!!
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

Recap of Monday 1/21/13....

I worked out... NROLFW Stage 1-A, Workout 7! ALMOST done Stage 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Had a new PR with my squats... was able to pull off 105# for the last 2 sets (8 reps). So I was happy with that. I am SORE today. My sides hurt, bad, and I'm thinking it's either from the push-ups (which I do regular "man" pushups) or increasing my seated row weight. Or a combo. :P

Calories in: ~2160
    Calories out: ~2000
    Macros:
    Fat - 27.7%
    Pro - 19.6%
    Carb - 40.2%
    Alcohol - 0%
    Other - 12.5%

Protein was way too low. Woof. Calories were too high (or my output was NOT enough). Either way, I had an overage when in reality I need to have a damn deficit! Everyday!

Thanks for reading this, if anyone is. :P
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Weekends can be really tough when you are trying to lose weight. You want to eat what feels "normal" at various events and not feel deprived and you add it up later and realize you may have undone your hard work during the week with a seemingly innocent cheat I definitely had way too much on Sunday between some beers, M&Ms, and soft pretzels!

Can't wait for Superbowl- it has really been a great couple of weeks to just be a football fan let alone a Ravens fan - some really incredible games played. I don't know that I remember a playoff season ever being so intense! It's about to get really boring in 3 weeks - hopefully we'll be happy and not sad in our boredom after the SB

Good work on the squats! I went back down to the same weight yesterday to focus on my form- really needed to sit much deeper than I had been. Keep up the great work!

Originally Posted by marathonmom262 View Post
    Weekends can be really tough when you are trying to lose weight. You want to eat what feels "normal" at various events and not feel deprived and you add it up later and realize you may have undone your hard work during the week with a seemingly innocent cheat I definitely had way too much on Sunday between some beers, M&Ms, and soft pretzels!

Can't wait for Superbowl- it has really been a great couple of weeks to just be a football fan let alone a Ravens fan - some really incredible games played. I don't know that I remember a playoff season ever being so intense! It's about to get really boring in 3 weeks - hopefully we'll be happy and not sad in our boredom after the SB

Good work on the squats! I went back down to the same weight yesterday to focus on my form- really needed to sit much deeper than I had been. Keep up the great work!
    I hear that about undoing all our hard work on the weekends. During the game on Sunday, we ordered a pizza...... yeah. I had 2 pieces and 2 of my husband's crusts... what the hell? gah!

I really need to start being more diligent in 1) logging foods on the weekends and 2) being careful to measure/weigh portions. My "handful" of almonds turns into handfulSSSS. That **** adds up!

You're right, MM, that the next few weeks are going to be boring! I'm so stoked for the SB. I mean, wow. It's been a looooooooooong time! What? 13 years??? WOOOO.

Form is definitely WAY important. I am doing lower-squats now, and feel them a WHOLE lot more. "ass to grass"
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

food logging is just so hard on the weekends...i think there's also an expectation by people around that you should/would take the weekend off.
    im really struggling myself, at the moment im just trying to think of it as a way to monitor how ive progressed (or not as the case may be) for future bulks...
    but its just so haaaaaarrrrd

(So change it up)

Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Props for the squats! I haven't looked at NROL personally, but I've heard nothing but good about it. Bad days (nutritionally) happen to everyone, and you still kept yourself in a deficit, so I certainly wouldn't worry about it. Keep up the good work
    46kg snatch | 62kg c&j
    205lb bsqt | 171lb fsqt

What is bench.

Originally Posted by Worcestershire View Post
    Props for the squats! I haven't looked at NROL personally, but I've heard nothing but good about it. Bad days (nutritionally) happen to everyone, and you still kept yourself in a deficit, so I certainly wouldn't worry about it. Keep up the good work
    Thanks girl! I really like the program, so far... but it's 7 or 8 stages and I'm nearing stage 1... so I've got a ways to go, but I am ready to be done with Stage 1. It's good but i'm over it! lol.

My body is still hurting today from Monday's workout.... ouchies!
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

Recap of Tuesday 1/22/13:

PS - as I'm writing this, my coworker is annoying the **** out of me, so sorry if I seem irritated LOL....

Went to zumba with my Z-CREW last night since I lifted Monday night. I really love dancing with my zumba peeps and our instructor is amazzzzing! she's SO much fun. Bye bye 514 calories in 60 minutes! (I have a Polar FT60 HRM). Anyway, eating was OK, was REALLY freaking hungry all day Hate those days. I think it's b/c my TTOM is due soon, but I *hate* using that as an "excuse". Oh well!

Calories in: ~1,945
    Calories out: ~2,167

Macros:

Fat - 21.5%
    Pro - 24.3%
    Carb - 54.3%
    Alcohol - 0%
    Other - 0%

Hmph. Carbs are way high. Fat could be bumped. Oh wellllll. Not *that* bad.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday... if we get through today unscathed, only 2 more days til the WEEEEEEEKEND!
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

Recap of Tuesday 1/22/13:

PS - as I'm writing this, my coworker is annoying the **** out of me, so sorry if I seem irritated LOL....

Went to zumba with my Z-CREW last night since I lifted Monday night. I really love dancing with my zumba peeps and our instructor is amazzzzing! she's SO much fun. Bye bye 514 calories in 60 minutes! (I have a Polar FT60 HRM). Anyway, eating was OK, was REALLY freaking hungry all day Hate those days. I think it's b/c my TTOM is due soon, but I *hate* using that as an "excuse". Oh well!

Calories in: ~1,945
    Calories out: ~2,167

Macros:

Fat - 21.5%
    Pro - 24.3%
    Carb - 54.3%
    Alcohol - 0%
    Other - 0%

Hmph. Carbs are way high. Fat could be bumped. Oh wellllll. Not *that* bad.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday... if we get through today unscathed, only 2 more days til the WEEEEEEEKEND!
    Yay!!! Nice job on the deficit!

Zumba sounds fun - especially doing it with friends (I adore my long distance running crew and hate when we break off for a while!) I was thinking about getting a Zumba Xbox kinect game for something else fun to do at night with my daughter. Until then we are Just Dancing just about every night

Happy Wednesday!

Recap of Wednesday 1/23/13...

Did the P90X group fitness class at my gym... it was about 50 minutes, including the warm-up and cool-down... burned about 300 calories. I guess being that it's a mix of strength and plyometrics, I can't expect to burn the 500-600 I'd burn in zumba or body jam which is hardcore cardio. Oh well

Made delicious protein french toast sticks for dinner last night... and ate it all by myself... oops!

Calories in: ~1,676
    Calories out: ~1,969

Macros:
    Fat - 25.8% (48 grams)
    Pro - 24.9% (105 grams)
    Carb - 48.7% (205 grams)
    Alcohol - 0%
    Other - 0%

Tonight work-out wise is NROLFW Stage 1-B, Workout 7. Dinner is pot roast... it's cooking all day in the crockpot. YUM.
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

Recap of Wednesday 1/23/13...

Did the P90X group fitness class at my gym... it was about 50 minutes, including the warm-up and cool-down... burned about 300 calories. I guess being that it's a mix of strength and plyometrics, I can't expect to burn the 500-600 I'd burn in zumba or body jam which is hardcore cardio. Oh well

Made delicious protein french toast sticks for dinner last night... and ate it all by myself... oops!

Calories in: ~1,676
    Calories out: ~1,969

Macros:
    Fat - 25.8% (48 grams)
    Pro - 24.9% (105 grams)
    Carb - 48.7% (205 grams)
    Alcohol - 0%
    Other - 0%

Tonight work-out wise is NROLFW Stage 1-B, Workout 7. Dinner is pot roast... it's cooking all day in the crockpot. YUM.
    Nice job on the deficit yesterday keep it up!

We had pot roast on Tuesday night and I had leftovers for lunch yesterday. Yummy!

I <3 pot roast. I use my dad's recipe and it is SO good.

What kind of roast meat do you use? i get the beef labeled as "london broil"... IDK if that's good or bad!

Edited to add: I just googled it, and apparently "london broil" is how the beef is cooked, not the actual beef... HUH. It appears that london broil is flank steak.... wow the things i learn... sigh.
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

Hehe yeah we buy a lot of London broil - I usually watch for BOGO sales or something of the like on them, use one and freeze one. Sometimes we'll get a bigger roast "chunk" (whatever is on sale)but the pot roast we had the other night was indeed London broil! I love me some beef in general!

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wanted to stop in and thank you for the kind words in my journal. I am feeling better today. I know over time it get easier.
    I have been thinking about taking a Zumba class. Maybe next week when Steve is out of town i will look into one
    Keep up the good work too..you are doing great.
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    I wanted to stop in and thank you for the kind words in my journal. I am feeling better today. I know over time it get easier.
    I have been thinking about taking a Zumba class. Maybe next week when Steve is out of town i will look into one
    Keep up the good work too..you are doing great.
    you are very welcome, and i'm very sorry. how are you doing?
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

Recap of Thursday 1/24/13...

Welp, nutrition was WAY bad. I couldn't stave the candy cravings off and totally caved. sigh. Nothing I can do about it now! Just have to suck it up, move on, and try to get myself together the next time I have a serious candy craving and can't get rid of it.

Calories in: ~2,310
    Calories out: ~1,990
    Oh boy... what an overage.

Macros:
    Fat - 34.9% (94 g.... what the F????? holy hell!!!!)
    Pro - 15.9% (96 g)
    Carb - 49.2% (297 g)
    Alcohol - 0%
    Other - 0%

Protein is entirely too low... fats too high. Oh boy.

But hey, today's FRIDAY!!!!!! PURPLE FRIDAY at that!!!

Downside: they are calling for ~3 inches of snow during afternoon rush hour... fail!
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have to tell you candy and sweets are my biggest downfall. I have to stay far away from it when i go shopping and i try to find the check out lane that only has batteries and magazines..lol
    Ok i am game..what is Purple Friday
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    I have to tell you candy and sweets are my biggest downfall. I have to stay far away from it when i go shopping and i try to find the check out lane that only has batteries and magazines..lol
    Ok i am game..what is Purple Friday
    candy is my arch nemesis and I mean that... i crave it. i am a candy whore. lmao.

purple friday is just something we Baltimore folks do on Fridays during the football season our team (The RAVENS!) have made it to the superbowl which is 2/3/13... it's really exciting!
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

candy is my arch nemesis and I mean that... i crave it. i am a candy whore. lmao.

purple friday is just something we Baltimore folks do on Fridays during the football season our team (The RAVENS!) have made it to the superbowl which is 2/3/13... it's really exciting!

Well good luck to The Ravens..I was rooting for them anyway..first off I am a big Edgar Allan Poe fan and purple is my favorite color so you know I love their uniforms
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Be safe today driving home! I worked from home so I wouldn't have to deal with everyone else

KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KellyP92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks girl! I really like the program, so far... but it's 7 or 8 stages and I'm nearing stage 1... so I've got a ways to go, but I am ready to be done with Stage 1. It's good but i'm over it! lol.

My body is still hurting today from Monday's workout.... ouchies!
    I am a bit slow on keeping up on here .... !

Just a random question....
    What do you plan to do after this program? How long until you get to the end??
    Shut me up if you havn't thought that far ahead I am just interested

OOO and brilliant work on the PB for squats... Learn to love them sore glutes the day after, it means it's definitely working!!
    "Be true to the best you know. This is your high ideal. If you do your best, you cannot do more."
    Dresses, H. W.

My Log :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148491933

Just checking in..Hope you are having a great weekend
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

WOW I haven't updated since Thursday..... YIKES!!!!!

See? This is why I fail at nutrition and working out on the weekends. I don't hold myself accountable for anything... boooo.

I'll be back shortly to update!...
    Roxy

Eat Right
    Work Hard
    Feel Good

I am the same way and it's really going to be hard for me with Steve being out of town until Friday night and me being all alone. I never eat right when i am by myself..time to get on the treadmill. I will check back in on you later
    Any big Super Bowl plans..
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine