Registered User HamandCheese994's Avatar
    HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Slowly eating more and more... help!

Hey guys. So about 1.5 months ago I started yet again to try and lose weight. I am 18yrs old @ 5'10 and It went very well with me sticking to my plan, excersising, saying "no thanks" to that extra bite, watching my calories, etc... I have lost about 10-14 pounds and on a daily basis stay at around 167.5lbs (flucuates day-to-day).

Anyways, yesterday and today I simply have been having these big cravings for food. Like today, I came home, ate three pieces of cake, 4 really really tiny poppy seed muffin things, some turkey, and like 3 small chicken tenders. All in all I think I'm up near 2,000 calories for the day and I still have roughly five hours before I go to sleep and to still workout. I never had the lack of disclipline to say 'no' until yesterday and today - it seems I just can't help it ...

I've come this far and I want to continue on. I want to reach my goal weight and not be looking back and going "if only... I wish... etc." I've convinced myself I'm doing it this time but these cravings are coming back in and holy f**k are they strong. I am this close to snapping and just going "the hell with it. Maybe I was just born/made to be a little overweight..." (because it sure seems/feels like it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. I still have to work out (I burn ~650 calories doing what I do) so would you gys recommend still not eating or to just have like a small post workout snack (which is what I usually do but since i binged this afternoon idk what to do!)

Thanks

ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReyJay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you aren't doing it already start drinking a gallon of water a day. You won't crave food when you are feeling bloated from water.

531power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ReyJay View Post
    If you aren't doing it already start drinking a gallon of water a day. You won't crave food when you are feeling bloated from water.
    Agreed! I hate to tell you to add anything but for beginners add a little mio, propel or crystal lite energy to your water but only do it if you must. Know for yourself that you are going to eventually going to cut it out all together eventually. Get an Arizona Ice tea Gallon Jug at the store, dump it, and fill it with water every day. Fill it half way to start so you don't get discouraged. Then keep filling it more and more every day. Keep it with you and drink out of it non-stop.

Also Do NOT get water with or put any ICE in anything you drink (which should only be water at this point (lightly flavored water) or fresh squeezed juices. Its hard to guzzle freezing cold water (or hot water for that matter).

Guzzle water BEFORE you eat, WHILE you eat and immediately AFTER you eat. Emphasis put on drinking the water NOT eating. Learn to be full with liquids not food. This should knock that feeling you get that tells you "OK I'm full now" from 20 minutes after you eat to Immediately after you finish that last bite.

If you are craving something in the middle of the day look at the clock, try to eat on the hour. So for example if you get hungry look at the clock. If it is 1:45 PM and you ate at noon wait the 15 minutes till 2 o'clock to get a snack or your next small meal. Alternate "Meal" then "Snack" then "Meal" then "Snack" throughout the day too. Limit it to 5-6 total a day though, the goal is to manage your weight not gain it. So make sure you are not eating every 2 hours from 6am-10pm at night. *Don't snack after your eat your 6 meals/snacks for the day*

To satisfy that "crunch" try recipes for:
    Sea salted Kale chips
    Non buttered Popcorn
    Non salted brown rice cakes with Natural salsa or natural cinnamon (cinnamon for fat burning).

Keep researching healthy foods and new recipes these health freaks create out there. You have to love the fact that all their time is spent working out and perfecting awesome new recipes. So check this out to get some ideas: trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH

Good luck!
    Last edited by 531power; 01-09-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: clarity

Registered User HamandCheese994's Avatar
    HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HamandCheese994 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 531power View Post
    Agreed! I hate to tell you to add anything but for beginners add a little mio, propel or crystal lite energy to your water but only do it if you must. Know for yourself that you are going to eventually going to cut it out all together eventually. Get an Arizona Ice tea Gallon Jug at the store, dump it, and fill it with water every day. Fill it half way to start so you don't get discouraged. Then keep filling it more and more every day. Keep it with you and drink out of it non-stop.

Also Do NOT get water with or put any ICE in anything you drink (which should only be water at this point (lightly flavored water) or fresh squeezed juices. Its hard to guzzle freezing cold water (or hot water for that matter).

Guzzle water BEFORE you eat, WHILE you eat and immediately AFTER you eat. Emphasis put on drinking the water NOT eating. Learn to be full with liquids not food. This should knock that feeling you get that tells you "OK I'm full now" from 20 minutes after you eat to Immediately after you finish that last bite.

If you are craving something in the middle of the day look at the clock, try to eat on the hour. So for example if you get hungry look at the clock. If it is 1:45 PM and you ate at noon wait the 15 minutes till 2 o'clock to get a snack or your next small meal. Alternate "Meal" then "Snack" then "Meal" then "Snack" throughout the day too. Limit it to 5-6 total a day though, the goal is to manage your weight not gain it. So make sure you are not eating every 2 hours from 6am-10pm at night. *Don't snack after your eat your 6 meals/snacks for the day*

To satisfy that "crunch" try recipes for:
    Sea salted Kale chips
    Non buttered Popcorn
    Non salted brown rice cakes with Natural salsa or natural cinnamon (cinnamon for fat burning).

Keep researching healthy foods and new recipes these health freaks create out there. You have to love the fact that all their time is spent working out and perfecting awesome new recipes. So check this out to get some ideas: trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH

Good luck!
    Thanks guys. Honestly, it's amazing how little water I have been drinking over this month and a half and will surely get right on this

531power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HamandCheese994 View Post
    Thanks guys. Honestly, it's amazing how little water I have been drinking over this month and a half and will surely get right on this
    Awesome! If something is wrong (ex. eating more, more cravings) then troubleshoot your basics...food type, water intake, sleep, stress, and so on. If something is out of whack your body will tell you. Good luck. Help is what we're here for.