Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mountain_Goat View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    want!!!

Yeah I'll take bacon too....cause well...I do love me some bacon...

Glad your recovery log has all the usual added bennies Grace!!!
    Yeah, yeah... I hate this log. I'll be glad when it's over with.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Date: Friday, Feb 1,2012
    I just did some an eval w/ the rehab trainer. We did bw squats and the trainer said so how the feel any pain?? Think your ready to get back to lifting. I said no. no pain at all feels great. I'm ready! Send me back to work!!

Awwww... It hurt like hell. It created with dul pain in my lower back that sucked all day.

Date: Saturday, Feb. 2 ,2012
    Sleep: 10

Supplements: Multivitamin w/ extra b's - Vitamin c 1,000 mg,s 3x's a day - flavonoids 500 mg's 3x's a day - Zinc 30 mg 1x's a day - amino acid complex plus glutamine at 300 mg a day - bromelain 500 mg 3x's a day - green tea – Calcium, magnesium, D – evening primrose oil – aloe vera

Rehab Week 4 Day 3

Rehab workout:
    Morning:
    Recumbent bike
    55 mins

Rune
    2 miles soft track

Afternoon back rehab: Using bands and attachments. 4x10 on each (session one for this week)

1.Leg cycles (both) lying flat on a mat with a resistance bands attached to my feet. Focus was on bracing my core.
    2.Bridges slow and with assistance.
    3.Braced alternates leg lift lying on a mat with bands attached to my feet.
    4.Braced double leg lift lying on a mat with bands attached to my feet.
    5.Planks assisted from elbows.
    6.Bracing for standing, assisted get ups.
    7.Standing practice bracing for squats, includes a high squat with light bands.

Date: Sunday, Feb 3 ,2012
    Sleep: 7

Run:
    Ran 3 miles not a bad pace .. but I ran on side walk with didn't sit to well with my back. The muscles tightened and cramped.. it's really uncomfortable.

Date: Monday, feb. 4,2013
    Sleep: 8

Supplements: Multivitamin w/ extra b's - Vitamin c 1,000 mg,s 3x's a day - flavonoids 500 mg's 3x's a day - Zinc 30 mg 1x's a day - amino acid complex plus glutamine at 300 mg a day - bromelain 500 mg 3x's a day - green tea – Calcium, magnesium, D – evening primrose oil – aloe vera

Morning:
    Run:
    3 miles *felt a bit better then yesterday, ran on sand hills.
    heart rates 164-174

Pilates:
    35 minutes
    *I'm working with a personal trainer so this is adapted to help with my back injuries. Today's focus was on hips, core & lower back.

Pilates: 4x10 on each
    Bridges
    Hip extensions
    Leg lifts (this is a about bracing)
    Pullovers
    supermans
    planks
    squats
    decline squats
    overhead db presses

Cycling:
    Went for my first bike ride since the accident! Low pace only did a 15 mile ride.

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking good Grace! How are you feeling on normal every day stuff?
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    Looking good Grace! How are you feeling on normal every day stuff?
    Not bad, things are improving. It's my patients I'm having a problem with!! LOL The pains very manageable now and I just want to ditch rehab and jump back in!! I know that's not a good idea though so I'm want rush things to much.. but I sure want to!

BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    Not bad, things are improving. It's my patients I'm having a problem with!! LOL The pains very manageable now and I just want to ditch rehab and jump back in!! I know that's not a good idea though so I'm want rush things to much.. but I sure want to!
    I could definitely understand that. That's how I've managed to hurt myself time and time again.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

I could definitely understand that. That's how I've managed to hurt myself time and time again.
    LOL, haven't we all.

I started a new "supp stack" stack to help my recovery and get me back to full training a little quicker. The last few days have been great, no pain no swelling anymore, so I'm increasing training volume quickly.

I'm not gonna lie this is so the wrong thing to do!! But I'm feeling much better so I'm gonna cheat. I jumped out of the last two weeks of rehab.

Date: So this is what I've doing all week....

Ran 3 miles at good pace.. each day

Cycled 25 - road cycling ... Tues, Wed, Thurs,

Pilates 45 mins Daily

Practiced squats and deads with bar only.. Till today (friday) I actually used weights today. Today's my last day in rehab.. and most of the week I've been working on practicing like making sure when I squat that I'm insanely tight in the glutes and protecting my lower back. I've also done a little rotational work but being really careful with that for now.

I have the opportunity to train in a camp with another team.. it's not a cycling camp it's more of an in house expedition training camp. They have two other injured athletes coming so I'll be training with them. Part of my crew is coming but not everyone.

And I probably want be logging it here though that's not for certain yet..

KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn Grace. I'm glad to hear you are doing better and so quickly.
    I know how frustrating it is to want to get back at it full tilt but do be careful (I know you will anyway )

I actually practiced squats last night as well. Bar for one set then, well, added only 50 lb to the bar. Legs were fine. Pressure up top, not so much so I have to put it to the back burner for a while longer.

And you cycling already too, dayum. You go lady.
    I'm back.......kinda.....sort of....

Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    LOL, haven't we all.

I started a new "supp stack" stack to help my recovery and get me back to full training a little quicker. The last few days have been great, no pain no swelling anymore, so I'm increasing training volume quickly.
    Haha what ever works right? I've been reading about hydrolized collagen helping ligaments and tendons heal/repair faster. not sure about bones knitting faster besides calcium, vitamin d, and magnesium.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Haha what ever works right? I've been reading about hydrolized collagen helping ligaments and tendons heal/repair faster. not sure about bones knitting faster besides calcium, vitamin d, and magnesium.
    I'll pm you.. on the supps.. lol.

Originally Posted by KissIcon View Post
    Damn Grace. I'm glad to hear you are doing better and so quickly.
    I know how frustrating it is to want to get back at it full tilt but do be careful (I know you will anyway )

I actually practiced squats last night as well. Bar for one set then, well, added only 50 lb to the bar. Legs were fine. Pressure up top, not so much so I have to put it to the back burner for a while longer.

And you cycling already too, dayum. You go lady.
    You know I've actually done kind of a ****ty job logging my rehab.. there's kinda of alot I've left out, that really help to speed healing. Maybe this will help..

http://www.betterbones.com/bonefract...eedhealing.pdf This is really focused on fractures but I think all of it helps with other injuries to. I've been following every bit of advice I could get on healing faster. I practice it all religiously!

1. I take my supps everyday.
    2. I sleep on a heating pad that cycles on and off all night to keep the blood working in the right areas.
    3. I stayed 98% of the time on a very nutrient dense, high protein diet, with plenty of calories for healing. I also did alot of raw foods to boost enzymes, mineral ect.. in my diet.
    4. I went back to exercising as soon as possible.

Of coarse I'm 100% yet but I'm healing really fast.

izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for posting what you do, Grace. I learn a ton from your logs. Both substantive info and attitude-wise.
    training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696161&page=51

Originally Posted by izzygrant View Post
    Thanks for posting what you do, Grace. I learn a ton from your logs. Both substantive info and attitude-wise.
    LOL might wanna be careful with my picking attitudes!

The new logs gonna much, much better!

Grace have you ever checked out the blog Train Out the Pain? The guy has some interesting stuff, but a really interesting article he had was on healing and controlling inflamation.
    http://trainoutpain.blogspot.com/201...-pain-and.html
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Grace have you ever checked out the blog Train Out the Pain? The guy has some interesting stuff, but a really interesting article he had was on healing and controlling inflamation.
    http://trainoutpain.blogspot.com/201...-pain-and.html
    No I haven't. I'll have to look through that site.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1024670983

Can't stomach any more rehab ****.. back to real training.. so new log..