Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KissIcon View Post
    WTF up wit dat? We can't have no pukn'.
    I so feel for you Grace. I know that had to have hurt. I hope your feeling better.

The again, if my dumbass would have finished reading, I would have seen you were a bit better

Anyways, pay me no mind......carry on.
    I've been posting a day behind..

and **** IDk.. I was walking on the track and just moved wrong or something but it felt like nerves got compressed or pinched or something but just all of sudden intense pain!! Next thing I know I'm puking and trying very hard not to move!! It sucked. After that I started applying moist heat and that seams to have helped that nerve pain.

I had a much better day today. The heat really seams to be helping alot.

Nonregistered Nonuser bustermac's Avatar
    bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Puking with anything broken is excruciating. Cut down on that alcohol for breakfast, girl!

Hiccups when I had my bruised/dented sternum from a car accident was nasty too.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bustermac View Post
    Puking with anything broken is excruciating. Cut down on that alcohol for breakfast, girl!

Hiccups when I had my bruised/dented sternum from a car accident was nasty too.
    Sneezing ain't to pleasant either. Lol

Date: Tuesday, January 15,2013
    Sleep: 8

Rehab Week 1 Notes:
    LOL, ok it was a disaster! I don't think anything productive came of it. But I guess considering a truck ran me over I probably shouldn't have excepted much more then I got. Thinking I could start actual rehab work the day after the accident ... maybe have been a bit unrealistic.

Supplements: Multivitamin w/ extra b's - Vitamin c 1,000 mg,s 3x's a day - flavonoids 500 mg's 3x's a day - Zinc 30 mg 1x's a day - amino acid complex plus glutamine at 300 mg a day - bromelain 500 mg 3x's a day - green tea – Calcium, magnesium, D – evening primrose oil – aloe vera

Rehab Week 2 Day 1

Phase 1 Goal: Regaining basic Mobility

Rehab workout:
    Morning:
    Recumbent bike:
    1 hour
    11 miles
    Variety hill profiles L-4
    Heart rates: 126-136
    Notes: Ok so even a homeless drunk off the street could have done this workout. Aw well it'll improve. I can't do the high spinning yet right now so I need hills of constant tension that way every rotation is focused and deliberate. It's to easy on high spinning to let form slip or to twist for a minute so that's not a good option atm.

Afternoon:
    Stretching & upper body band work:
    This really isn't worth breaking down yet, it was an improvement though.
    And surprisingly I was able to stretch some. Like I can stretch my legs now. I can reach over head now, but not with any weight yet.

Recovery Methods:
    Alternating icing and moist heat.
    Tonight I have guide hypnotherapy aimed at healing. Basically it's a very relaxing way to imagine the healing process.

Mood:

Since I feel better.. aw kittens.

My Healing Diet for recovery from injuries and illness.

Protein
    options
    Salmon – cod – other white fishes – shrimp
    chicken or turkey or pork I stay with lean white meat
    Bison lean only
    Ostrich, lean
    protein powders
    egg & egg whites

Veggies-
    Basically all veggies are allowed. I try to eat cruciferous (cabbage-family) vegetables, leafy greens, a colored (carrots or sweet potatoes) veggie and one soy veggie everyday. At least 5 servings a day total usually more. Fresh or frozen I really try to avoid canned.

I do avoid white potatoes on this diet.

Fruit
    All fruits are allowed. At least 4 to 5 servings a day. Fresh or frozen. I stay away from canned.
    Pineapple and mango is an important fruit on this diet because of it has Bromelain, which reduces inflammation and aids healing.

Beans & Legumes
    Dried or frozen is best. Canned is allowed but rinses them first. Limited to 1 servings a day.

Whole grains - Gluten free-*100% gluten free 1 serving a day allowed.
    {pasta made from brown rice or corn is a great product to fit in here to}

Fats-
    Nuts, grapeseed oil, avocados, hemp seeds, flax seeds..

Miss.. stuff … ect..

Spices – almost all are good but a few are highly encouraged.
    Smoked paprika extremely high in antioxidants, very good for inflammation and boosting the immune system.
    Garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger..

Herbs – all of them are allowed and highly encouraged.

Green tea & white tea – 4 servings or more a day.
    Lemon at least one a day. In lemonade or what’s really good is in hot water or mild white herbal tea with honey and fiber just before bed.

This is a very, very restricted diet. It’s intention is to focus the diet on nutrient dense foods so the body has plenty nutrients for healing itself. It’s a diet I use often while sick or injured. Currently I’m using it to speed recovery from an injury.

It’s important to note here that while the food choices are very restricted.. 98% of food choices should be lean proteins, veggies and fruits. This should not mean low calorie! When the body is healing is not the time to be losing weight, unless the reason your healing is related to your weight. I try to stay right at my ideal calorie consumption for this so I’m not gaining or losing weight.

I also keep protein powders in my diet while I’m injured because I want to make I’m still getting enough amino acids

and proteins to help rebuild those muscles. I also juice lots of fruits and veggies while doing this diet.

Getting in enough fat on this diet is not easy so it is something I have to work toward. Avocados, salmon and grapeseed oil generally end up being my primary sources and generally I will incorporate at least one of those things in every meal. Plus I snack on almonds and other nuts.

Soups and chilis can really make this diet easier, because you can’t just stop by a restaurant easily and pick up a fast meal when you don’t have time to cook. It’s just to restrictive for that. So keeping a pot chili or whatever in the fridge at all times can really be useful.

If you’ve never diet this restrictive it does take some effort to find recipes that will keep you from feeling like you’re a rabbit or boring you to death! But it’s possible. Learning to cooking with herbs and spices for lots of interesting flavors is a must IMO!

Date: Wednesday, January 16,2013

Supplements: Multivitamin w/ extra b's - Vitamin c 1,000 mg,s 3x's a day - flavonoids 500 mg's 3x's a day - Zinc 30 mg 1x's a day - amino acid complex plus glutamine at 300 mg a day - bromelain 500 mg 3x's a day - green tea – Calcium, magnesium, D – evening primrose oil – aloe vera

Rehab Week 2 Day 2

Rehab workout:
    Morning:
    Recumbent bike:
    1 hour
    10 miles
    Variety hill profiles L-4
    Heart rates: 123-134
    Notes: Nice.. a ****ing bum could have out ridden me.

Afternoon:
    This really isn't worth breaking down yet, still improving a little each day.

Recovery Methods:
    Alternating icing and moist heat.
    Tonight I have guide hypnotherapy aimed at healing. Basically it's a very relaxing way to imagine the healing process.

Mood: Bored to ****ing death already.. Is there a smiley for that? cause I couldn't find one.

KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't know if there is a smiley for bored to phucking death, but that pic is hilarious
    And no, not even a bum could out ride you. I am more healed up than you and I couldn't do that. I got 5.1 miles on the bike and I was only on L2. I sux.
    Now, if only I could get the sleep.....
    I'm back.......kinda.....sort of....

bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustermac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here you go Grace, this might give you something to do...
    Post #4303-4317 from me.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1011897073

Don't know if there is a smiley for bored to phucking death, but that pic is hilarious
    And no, not even a bum could out ride you. I am more healed up than you and I couldn't do that. I got 5.1 miles on the bike and I was only on L2. I sux.
    Now, if only I could get the sleep.....
    LOL, so we both suck... We could have a shot in Bum races. Down hill shopping cart races? lol

Here you go Grace, this might give you something to do...
    Post #4303-4317 from me.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1011897073

I think this is the first time I have ever seen a buff Asian chick!! She is Asian right??? Maybe?

Didn't you watch the Olympics? They have 12 YO girls built like 25 YO men.

Of course, they're made in their Chinese athlete factory...literally.

Didn't you watch the Olympics? They have 12 YO girls built like 25 YO men.

Of course, they're made in their Chinese athlete factory...literally.
    Yeah but that ends early on.. you cans see buff Asian girls alot but generally by the time they become adult it's all gone.

Date: Thursday, January 17,2013

Rehab Week 2 Day 3

Rehab workout:
    Morning:
    Recumbent bike:
    1 hour
    11.50 miles
    Intervals profiles L-4 & L-7
    Heart rates: 140 -150
    Notes: It's a small improvement.

Walked on the soft track for 2 miles, damn slow but no real pain. Every now and then I move in a way that gives a little shock of pain but nothing to bad. If all continues good then Saturday I try to run. It'll be slow but I think I can do it.

Afternoon:
    This really isn't worth breaking down yet, still improving a little each day. Same ole ****..

Did get in some stretching. I can fully stretch my legs now so that's good, but still very tight in the glutes & hams. Which is where the extending pain has been,

Recovery Methods:
    Alternating icing and moist heat. I'm actually sleeping with the heat pads.

Mood:

I think I could use pool therapy.

My diet..
    Meal 1:

Raw Vanilla vegan protein powder, this is made from sprouted brown rice protein. Mixed with almond milk, pineapples, bananas, peaches and chia seeds. It tastes slightly better then it looks and sounds. I'm not eating dairy at the moment so no whey.

Meal 2:
    Kale w/ egg plus 2 oranges and grapefruit

Meal 3:
    almonds & 1 cup pineapple

Meal 4:
    5 egg white omelet with mushrooms, onions, green peppers, chives, bell pepper & avocado.

Meal 5:
    Salmon w/ carrots, red peppers, cherry peppers
    along with a green juice smoothie containing cumbers, celery, kiwi, parsley, limes, ginger, green apple and 1/2 scoop of protein powder.

KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post

I think this is the first time I have ever seen a buff Asian chick!! She is Asian right??? Maybe?
    Don't know if she's Asian but I could certinly have something to do with it.......

Pool therapy.......ummm, yeah, almost any kind of therapy

fully stretched legs IS a good thing

I know you know your stuff, bur careful with the running. Slow or not, it would worry me about the jarring impact, slow or not, might be too soon. But you know your body. Just looking out for ya

Don't know if she's Asian but I could certinly have something to do with it.......

Pool therapy.......ummm, yeah, almost any kind of therapy

fully stretched legs IS a good thing

I know you know your stuff, bur careful with the running. Slow or not, it would worry me about the jarring impact, slow or not, might be too soon. But you know your body. Just looking out for ya
    Physical therapy with hawt pool chick

I'll be running on soft track, it absorbs some of the impact so I think I'll be good. But will def be careful.

Geezus, for the life of me I can't stop stareing at pool therapy chick
    and she's even got a partial beam on to show the way

Date: Friday, January 18,2013
    Blood pressure: 120/80 *Would like to see this back down to 115/75.
    Resting heart rate: 61 *I think this is more to do with stress. A bit high.

Rehab Week 2 Day 4

Rehab workout:
    Morning:
    Recumbent bike:
    1 hour
    13.50 miles
    Intervals profiles L-5 & L-8
    Heart rates: 145-164
    Notes: It's small improvements still but climbing.

(same as the day before)
    Walked on the soft track for 2 miles, damn slow but no real pain. Every now and then I move in a way that gives a little shock of pain but nothing to bad. If all continues good then Saturday I try to run. It'll be slow but I think I can do it.

Afternoon:
    Ok stretching with therabands, It's still not really worth breaking down yet but I think Saturdays workout might me. Basically I'm settling into stretches and leg lifts to work the leg muscles keeping the back stabilized.

Upper body work!! Yeah!! I can finally lift db's! Ok there small and someone has to hand them to me but I can do it! Which means I can move to heavier weights on machines! So Saturday;s workout may actually be something worth reading!

Recovery Methods:
    Mixed in a light massage in the middle of the day.
    At night I have guide hypnotherapy aimed at healing. Basically it's a very relaxing way to imagine the healing process.

Moods:

Notes:
    This may sound a little crazy but I have had this extreme tightness from my lower back all the way down through my glutes, hams and even calves since the accident. I've been working on stretching to improve this.... I had sex in a uhmm.. position that stretches the muscles nicely. LOL Well this morning that tightness is like 100% better.. I'm serious.. I'm gonna write a book about it, Sex as aide to recovery. (ok I'm not serious about that.) But I am serious in that I think stretching during sex really helps alot more then stretching in training did.

interesting rehab stretching.... kinda curious........

interesting rehab stretching.... kinda curious........
    Its not as crazy as it sounds. There are hormonal and physical reactions during sex that make the muscles relax and become more limber in women.

Its not as crazy as it sounds. There are hormonal and physical reactions during sex that make the muscles relax and become more limber in women.
    sounds good. now, just have to find me one and try it out

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Notes:
    This may sound a little crazy but I have had this extreme tightness from my lower back all the way down through my glutes, hams and even calves since the accident. I've been working on stretching to improve this.... I had sex in a uhmm.. position that stretches the muscles nicely. LOL Well this morning that tightness is like 100% better.. I'm serious.. I'm gonna write a book about it, Sex as aide to recovery. (ok I'm not serious about that.) But I am serious in that I think stretching during sex really helps alot more then stretching in training did.
    haha it makes sense. it's just basically a very active stretch.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    haha it makes sense. it's just basically a very active stretch.
    Lol, if it works I'm down with it. I am regretting sharing that info with my team mates though. All I've heard all day long is, "oh yeah baby, come on stretch them hamstrings."

Date: Saturday, January 19,2013

Rehab Week 2 Day 5

Rehab workout:
    Morning:
    Walking/Running Track:
    50 minutes
    3 miles
    Heart rates: 121-135
    Notes: LOL, I know damn slow.

Afternoon:
    Ok stretching with therabands, It's still not really worth breaking down yet but I think Saturdays workout might me. Basically I'm settling into stretches and leg lifts to work the leg muscles keeping the back stabilized. (yeah same ole story.)

Upper body work- I tried a few lifts on the machines and it was spectacular failure. So not retrying till Tuesday,

Recovery Methods:
    At night I have guide hypnotherapy aimed at healing. Basically it's a very relaxing way to imagine the healing process.

Moods: bite me

Date: Sunday, January 20,2013
    Sleep: 10

Rehab Week 2 Day 6

Rehab workout:
    Morning:
    Running: If you can call it that.. I def left ego behind on this one!
    26 minutes
    Heart rates: 162-171
    Notes: Ok I'm actually not suppose to be running outside but the rehab center is closed this weekend.. so I tired it anyway.This was def my limit it quickly became very painful.

Afternoon: Trust me this qualifies as a workout. Dinner..

The restaurant was really busy and we were in the bar area so between chips and the rest of the meal was alot of beer consumption, so the rest of the pics are bit blurry. lol

These were amazing little masa sweet corn cakes with fresh veggies on top..

Recovery Methods:

Moods:

Lol, if it works I'm down with it. I am regretting sharing that info with my team mates though. All I've heard all day long is, "oh yeah baby, come on stretch them hamstrings."
    ROFLMMFAO
    Moods: bite me
    I could be down wit 'dat

Glad you did cut the outside running short. Didn't think that would be a good idea
    Food looked delish though...........I took my glasses off so I could see the pics better. (I figured, if chit is blurry when I take my glasses off, the pics should have been clearer )

Sex between the glutes, eh?

As someone with arthritis and frequent pain/stiffness, I can attest that sex is the best pain medicine. Sometimes I feel instantly better. Even if not, during the deed, I forget all about the pain.

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like you're still making good progress!
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

ROFLMMFAO

I could be down wit 'dat

Glad you did cut the outside running short. Didn't think that would be a good idea
    Food looked delish though...........I took my glasses off so I could see the pics better. (I figured, if chit is blurry when I take my glasses off, the pics should have been clearer )
    It prob wasn't a great idea, but I figure as long as I've been doing this I should be able to tell when I need to stop so I did it anyway.

LOL, I know they look like drunk food pics!

Sex between the glutes, eh?

As someone with arthritis and frequent pain/stiffness, I can attest that sex is the best pain medicine. Sometimes I feel instantly better. Even if not, during the deed, I forget all about the pain.
    Sex can cure cancer.. I'm sure of it. LOL

Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    Sounds like you're still making good progress!
    Slowly but surely. At some point it'll move faster. Progress from an injury is always slow in the beginning.

Today sucked I managed a 1/2 mile run and my back so much I quit and called it a rest day!

Date: Tuesday, January 22,2013

Rehab Week 3 Day 1

Phase 2 Goals:
    Relearning neutral positioning and standing posture.
    Brace and tense the muscles with the ability to transfer movement.
    Running in a normal posture.
    Cycling with bracing.

Rehab workout:
    Morning: Tested out using my bike indoors on the trainer. I got 15 minutes pretty easy. So I'll be adding time on the bike along with the recumbent bike. Sorta transitioning. On didn't log heart rate or anything else on this but I will in the future.
    Also did some stretching.

Afternoon back rehab: Using bands and attachments. 4x8 on each (session one for this week)

1.Leg cycles (both) lying flat on a mat with a resistance bands attached to my feet. Focus was on bracing my core.
    2.Bridges slow and with assistance.
    3.Braced alternates leg lift lying on a mat with bands attached to my feet.
    4.Braced double leg lift lying on a mat with bands attached to my feet.
    5.Planks assisted from elbows.
    6.Bracing for standing, assisted get ups.
    7.Standing practice bracing for squats, includes a high squat with light bands.

Stretching..

Notes: First two weeks went damn slow without alot of progress but the first two weeks after an injury always goes slow. I'm walking really good right now so were gonna focus more on improving posture and returning to a good running posture, instead of the original plan of focusing on walking in the second two weeks.

Upper body work is turning out to ba a challenge apparently while the pinched nerve inmy lower back is better I still have something cause me pain when I lift overhead.. so I'm not sure how that's gonna go right now.

I'm with you on the upper body work being a bitch coming back from something like this. I am still weak as chit myself.
    Pain when lifting overhead?....strange, but it could be the fact you are compressing the spine more when stretched out overhead maybe?? but then again, I'm not a doctor........

Your grinding on through this thing Grace. Mucho respect.....

and, happy hump day