Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

share your muscle memory stories or herniated disc l4-l5 stories..

getting real mad!!! first my shoulder injury now a herniated disc.

please let me hear stories of you advanced powerlifters taking time off and then regaining it all because right now im pretty pissed off!!! can never squat or deadlift or barbbell row again or even walk around with heavy dumbbells. pretty pissed off!!! i had dreams of being a power lifter. i loved lifting the biggest weight in the gym and watching the floor shake as i deadlift. or dropping 130lb dumbbells after doing db chest press to the floor!!! loved the power that i felt... but now all my dreams and confidence and body has gone down the drain!!

please share your herniated disc recovery stories or muscle memory stories.

i already havent been able to hit the gym full time for 6 months because of a shoulder injury(just legs and light upper body.. no chest or shoulders) but now from squatting i got a herniated disc and im guessing ill be out for a while? or is there hope that i can maybe atleast train everything but legs just avoid exercises with lower back in maybe a month or two? ) idk =/

used to get all the bishes with ease. i would be in the club with a wife beater... or tank top... or even shirtless in the summer... and they all came to me. and i did the rejecting/choosings..... used to bang this 100-105lb 8/10 fk buddy bish and lift her up with my two arms sitting down like a rag doll. now i will never do that again. it just wont be the same =/

i just want my old physique back . going to miss lifting heavy, the gym just wont be as fun any more =/
    id love to get back to this size by september 013 except with abs... but i dont think i will. iv lost so much and its only getting worst... i need good muscle memory stories or herniated disc recovery stories... l4-l5 =/

i ran out of money so i cant aford protein powder. all my "spare" money to hospital bills/doctors/mris etc.

so im basically tkaing in 50G protein a day and in a calorie defict. cant even work. i just cant. my back wont allow me.
    Last edited by Jelet; 01-08-2013 at 12:45 AM.
    My favorite miscer:LtGoose (no homo)
    Respect List : ShayZ, , dickyoliver, zuludddd, Thomas.of.Hunter , jcapo, zer0xp , Rasc170,wollo7,ajcoop20,softpounder
    -------
    *L4-l5 Herniated Disc Crew*
    *slap tear shoulder injury crew*

ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jelet View Post
    please let me hear stories of you advanced powerlifters...
    not me, lol

can never squat or deadlift or ........
    Depending on the nature of your injury and if you rehab well, there's a chance you might be able to again.

please share your herniated disc recovery stories or muscle memory stories.
    From chitty deadlift form, I fractured a transverse process. Compressed, bulged and herniated L4 and L5 discs, migrated L4 vertebra. Serious pain in all aspects of life, was told by docs I'd never lift heavy again. Cut scene, rehabbed well and I'm lifting heavier than ever, mostly pain free 24-7

used to get all the bishes..
    Easy - learn game.

Right now, your #1 priority is forget any dreams or whatever. Focus on staying positive and keeping a good mindset - then spend all your resources on rehab and being able to work again. The rest will come later, if it can.

Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jelet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thx bro. repped.. how long did it take you to get back in the gym after ur herniated disc.
    My favorite miscer:LtGoose (no homo)
    Respect List : ShayZ, , dickyoliver, zuludddd, Thomas.of.Hunter , jcapo, zer0xp , Rasc170,wollo7,ajcoop20,softpounder
    -------
    *L4-l5 Herniated Disc Crew*
    *slap tear shoulder injury crew*

ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ridge_forrester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jelet View Post
    thx bro. repped.. how long did it take you to get back in the gym after ur herniated disc.
    No probs man, I know how bad this can get!

It took me way longer than it should've due to fuking around - probably a few years? I can't say how long it should take, or even how much of a recovery can be made. Ideally, seek advice from a professional, yada yada.

What was absolutely invaluable to my recovery was:

1. Initial rest - Wait for pain to subside
    2. Chiro adjustments (or do it yourself if you can)
    3. Gradually work in stretching and foam roller work
    4. Analyse in depth everything in your life which could cause pain and work on it. Posture, the way you sit, walk, everything.
    5. Traction on your spine (especially after heavy workouts) just by hanging from a chinup bar/roman chair and relaxing your back.

Registered Assman TheGrizzlyMan's Avatar
    TheGrizzlyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGrizzlyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGrizzlyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGrizzlyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGrizzlyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGrizzlyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGrizzlyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGrizzlyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGrizzlyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGrizzlyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGrizzlyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    in

was strongest in may 2012 (sig stats) and fukd shoulder and lower back all in same week in june... nothing serious but took time off and foam rolled, still trying to acquire my strength in s/b/d/oh.. i look better physically now but strength is taking me a lot longer than i ever thought... everyone i was stronger than last semester of college is now stronger than me now. feels bad.. all my lifts went down 20-40lbs
    *Hide in my car on friday nights so my doge thinks I have a social life*

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    For several years I would work out for 3 months in the winter/spring time to get ready for summer. I would normally work up to a 280ish bench in that time. I would take the rest of the year off and hit it again the next year. In the first six-eight weeks I would hit my pr from the previous year. I went from a 205 bench in January of 12 to a 315 bench(TNG) in 4 months. I have barely increased this since then, but this is mostly due to mobility and form issues. I'm a strong believer that regaining strength is much easier than building it from scratch.
    Experience, not just theory

batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I gained 10 lbs in the last week from lifting again

PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000) PanzeR- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Had a partial tricep tear doing overhead dumbell extensions not warmed up with a 150lb 2 years ago. Took 3 months before i could bench 1 plate, 4 before i could deadlift more than 3. Fully recovered since i followed my rehab protocol and never "tested" it.

- get medical aid for a sport doctor
    - Find a good physical therapist. If a therapist try to schedule you with a couple of meetings without even knowing how you will evolve, this is not a good one.
    - Wait.
    - Get back in shape!

I personally trained a lot of people with hernias, they often have to tolerate a small 2/10 pain at all time when training, but they feel a lot better in every days activities since they have muscle to support them.
    Best total: 1715 (600-415-700) raw with wraps.
    A method behind madness....

HaffDaddy is not very well liked. (-100) HaffDaddy is not very well liked. (-100) HaffDaddy is not very well liked. (-100) HaffDaddy is not very well liked. (-100) HaffDaddy is not very well liked. (-100) HaffDaddy is not very well liked. (-100) HaffDaddy is not very well liked. (-100) HaffDaddy is not very well liked. (-100) HaffDaddy is not very well liked. (-100) HaffDaddy is not very well liked. (-100) HaffDaddy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Was hospitalized for mono, hepatitis A, and a sinus infection all at the same time. Dropped from 190 to 165 then after a few weeks back I was back and stronger then ever. I was off for 6 weeks also and hardly ate anything.

takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry OP. You'll just have to rely on attracting women with your sparkling wit and charming personality from now on.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you don't mind an opinion from a "bish", I've found it has taken about 6 months to recover my full strength levels after each baby that I have (which sort of counts like an injury considering I can't lift heavy for 9 months and deal with a variety of body changes).

BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am not advanced by any means, but when I was in high school I was on the Power lifting team and in weightlifting class my Junior year, got up to 80lbs max for clean and jerk by the end of the season. I sort of slacked over the summer so when I got back into school, I signed up to be a student assistant for a weightlifting class so I could utilize the schools platforms and whatnot to get a head start before season stared.
    I taught lifts, form and safety to some of the new students, but of course you get some young freshmen boys who think they are tough sh** and horse around even after the safety and precautions are clearly stated. While I was practicing a lift( I got up to 85 lbs after working a week or two) two boys ran into the room and knocked into me on my platform while the weight was overhead, I lost balance, fell and broke my wrist. I was out for 5 weeks, super set back but even then I was squatting with my cast on while I was spotted. I got it off and my forearm and wrist area were super atrophied I could hardly even clean the bar. I went HAM for a good 4 weeks and got myself up from 70 lbs to 95 lbs by my last meet. I know I could have made that 100 lbs mark if that injury hadn't happened. But It's weird how your body remembers and kicks into gear after a while. But I have to wear wrist wraps when I lift now..

Sinlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sinlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sinlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sinlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sinlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sinlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sinlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sinlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sinlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sinlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sinlak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know your pain man, I dislocated my shoulder an incredible 9 times in one year causing me to lose my bench (which was not great anyway 315ish) then a year or so later I had only been working on squat/dl because I was trying to recover my shoulder I finally got my lifts to about 500 then herniated a disk in my low back on squats.

Took like 4 months before I could put on my shoes but eventually I got my lifts back almost 100% but then my back got re-injured..twice more. So I have had back problems for like 5 years now.

I am finally letting it have a full break. My ego would not allow me to stop squating/dling before. but now I do not do either lift at all, working on bench and only doing easy lower body stuff.

I have noticed it feeling healthier once I started doing inversion table therapy (my girlfriend bought me a table once some guys suggested it on this forum, thanks guys ) and lots of ham/glute/back stretches with some foam rolling (use a 4in pvc pipe).

I know im not advanced at all, just saying I know your pain. Try looking into rehabbing and DROP YOUR EGO. that was what held me back from full recovery. everytime my back felt like 80% I was all "yay I can pull some weught again!" then POP goes the spinal cord...

GL bro
    Squat 485x1
    Dead lift 465x1
    Bench 315x1

Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    used to get all the bishes with ease. i would be in the club with a wife beater... or tank top... or even shirtless in the summer... and they all came to me. and i did the rejecting/choosings..... used to bang this 100-105lb 8/10 fk buddy bish and lift her up with my two arms sitting down like a rag doll. now i will never do that again. it just wont be the same =/
    All Time WR Squat: 785 @ 220 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GtHNRdHeM
    Powerlifting Coach At Complete Human Performance (www.completehumanperformance.com)
    WongStwongTraining@gmail.com

dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can just drop the dumbbells from the rack.

Forrrest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrrest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrrest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrrest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrrest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrrest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrrest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrrest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrrest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrrest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrrest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    February of 2011 I herniated my L5. Doc looked at the MRI and said "WOW." A week later I was on the operating table. 20+k. I have insurance. My part was $2,200.

Lost a lot of strength in legs and lower back. Took me a year and a half before I was able to put 225 back on the squat rack. Still refuse to go over 235 for 3 sets of 12. Don't want to push it.

Upper body still strong. Hit a PR this summer while on low end of my cut. Benchpress- 340 for 5 at 172 pounds.
    Bench-press- 225x30 best gym lift- 350x4 @ 178

"The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle"

takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000) takeittakeit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I pulled a hammie while all shirtless up in da club wit da bishes. True fax. I was doing the choosings.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Big Sexy J View Post
    Originally Posted by takeittakeit View Post
    I pulled a hammie while all shirtless up in da club wit da bishes. True fax. I was doing the choosings.
    OP's title, "**Retired Whale Slayer** "

Somehow I believe that entire story except for the 100 lbs girl part. Would be more believable if he said 300 lbs girl.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz