acemonroe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help me sculpt my chest.

I've been training for just over a year now. Began over weight and weak, weighing in at 235lbs of weak fat. I've dice turned my life around and I'm a stronger 200lbs, stronger and leaner than I err was in high school even. I'm now 27 and me strength is there in bench, deadlier and squats compared to where I started. I still constantly push myself 5 days a week at the gym but only work out the big muscle groups once a week. Even though I continue to increase my chest workouts I'd love to shape it a little faster. I understand lower weight, higher reps help with this, and I perform a mixture of heavy weight, and finish it off with a burn out set of higher reps. Shoud I continue this? Or should I increase my chest to 2-3 times a week? I'd really appreciate all thank you help possible. Let me know if you need more info from my end.

ForzaAzzurri10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForzaAzzurri10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForzaAzzurri10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForzaAzzurri10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForzaAzzurri10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForzaAzzurri10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForzaAzzurri10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForzaAzzurri10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForzaAzzurri10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForzaAzzurri10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForzaAzzurri10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I hit chest twice a week. Allow for a couple days of rest before hitting the same muscle group again.

Routine:

Incline DB press 4 sets of 8-10 reps
    Decline DB press 4 sets of 8-10 reps
    DB Flies 4 sets of 8-10 reps
    Flat bench on smith machine to finish it all off 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    "Pain is temporary, pride is forever"

"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality." - Bob Marley

Yankees - Giants - Juventus - Italia International

++ Positive Crew ++
    ** Italian Crew **

jjones987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been having a little bit of the same problem. Maybe provide a little more info. what are your chest workouts like? One thing that has recently made a difference for me, is making sure my other muscles are not lagging. For example I don't want my chest exercises using to much of my back, shoulders, forearms even, etc. about 2 months ago I wanted to shape my chest to not only look better, but get stronger as well. Believe it or not I did this by not focusing on my chest routine as much as I did with my back and shoulder routine. ( Wish I had pics ) but my shoulders changed and my changed which really help the look of my chest and made it stonger. but again tell us what your routines are like and maybe we can give more help! good luck.

acemonroe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well today was a chest day. Today I hit flat bench and warmed up plenty.
    135x10 2 sets
    185x8 2 sets
    245x6 1 set
    And hit 295x2 for 2 sets
    After dropped it down to 225 and reppped it out for 12 reps.
    Then on to incline dumbbell press. Did a few sets to warm up and stayed at 85lbs for 3 sets of 8. Then incline db flyes. Did decline at 225 3 sets of 8. And finished with weighted dips. 45lbs for a set of 20,18 and 16. It was a fairly short chest day compared to what we sometimes do.

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you want to bring your chest up then yeah like the other person said, increase the frequency in which the chest is hit to twice a week.

alexchino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally, I've seen the best results by hitting the chest twice a week. In addition, I do different exercises for each day; for example on Chest Day 1: incline dumbbell bench presses, decline barbell bench press, flat dumbbell flys, low cable pulley crossover supersetted with high cable pulley crossovers. Chest Day 2: Weighted dips, incline smith machine bench press (giant set in which I progress towards flat bench), tri-set/superset/drop-set of incline cable flys, low pulley crossovers and high pulley crossovers. Remember the importance of the full range of motion, you want to incorporate as many muscle fibers as possible. Give it a shot and let me know what you think. Best of luck!

amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10) amgben is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    my favorite chest exercises for bodybuilding are 1) dips 2) incline bench (db or bb) 3) incline DB flies. use a moderate weight that you can hit several sets of 8-12 reps. most importantly, make sure your diet is on point. too many people on a calorie deficit and wonder why they dont gain any muscle.

Registered User akmusclehamster's Avatar
    akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100) akmusclehamster is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by acemonroe View Post
    Shoud I continue this? Or should I increase my chest to 2-3 times a week? I'd really appreciate all thank you help possible. Let me know if you need more info from my end.
    Heavy Barbell Flat/Incline Bench
    Pushup Variations

these 2 combined will tear your chest up