trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10)

forming an upper/lower split

Recently got done going to the physical therapist for my knee and im planning on going to the gym again next week. I figured an upper/lower split 2x week would be best since I can control how much weight I increase more easily then a linear program. This would be my 1st time doing an upper/lower split so I dont really know how much volume is good per workout. Down below is just a rough outline of a routine and I'm looking for any advice anyone can give for an upper/lower split.

Upper
    Flat bench- 2x6-8
    db incline press- 2x8-12
    bb row- 2x6-8
    pull up- 2x8-12
    db shoulder press- 2x6-8
    behind back shrugs- 2x8-12

lower-
    squat- 3x6-8
    leg press- 3x8-12
    sldl- 3x6-8
    calf raise- 3x8-12
    abs 2 sets

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like to do upper / lower +arms

bench press or db press
    db flies
    ohp or seated db shoulder press
    bb row
    reverse lat pulldown
    db shrugs
    side lateral raises supersetted with rear delt flies/facepulls

squats
    leg press
    sldl
    hamstring curls
    standing calf raises
    seated calf raises
    bicep
    tricep

workout every other day.

This is not my routine, nor will I share mine though since it is built for me specifically.
    It would not be the most optimal routine for you.
    I have very high volume on my program as well.

As for your routine / I won't give recommendations on rep ranges, choose what you'd like and try to add 2 reps each workout if the volume is above 30 reps.

trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10) trakker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So your saying I should try to keep the volume above 30reps per bodyparts and try to gain 2 reps per exercise everyworkout? Sorry if i missunderstood

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by trakker View Post
    So your saying I should try to keep the volume above 30reps per bodyparts and try to gain 2 reps per exercise everyworkout? Sorry if i missunderstood
    That is just an example of progression.
    Put the rep range anywhere you want, but adding 2 reps to a total volume of 15 reps would be stupid. In that case maybe add 1 instead.
    Your choice how to set it up.

I have one question for you. Would it be good to alternate incline press and shoulder press? Or would it be better to do them twice a week with less volume?

I have one question for you. Would it be good to alternate incline press and shoulder press? Or would it be better to do them twice a week with less volume?
    I would just pick one of them and not alternate them.

alright thanks for your advice

anyone got anything else to add?

alright thanks for your advice

anyone got anything else to add?
    Make sure you diet.