Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jordyanne91 View Post
    Sorry I was referring to doing a non keto cut. Just said up there ^ somewhere lol boyfriend didnt want to do keto any more so I switched and suddenly so so hungry ... Cling back to keto...

Calories are around 1600
    Ca you explain the others, or I will just research them tomorrow no time tonight lol
    the EC and yohimbe are supps, I love them personally but that is a judgement call for you

Intermittent Fasting(IF) is a form of diet where you only eat withinin a small window of time(6-4hrs). I and a couple others here have done it with varied success. I personally love it for those platues that come up.

Originally Posted by Shenpen View Post
    I miss being hungry and sitting down and stuffing my face with pad thai.
    But i don't miss the feeling of never ever getting to real satiety.

Never hungry while i keep loading coconut oil, just a bit "nostalgic" about meals.
    That feel bro... that feel....

Originally Posted by Grifts View Post
    Ooh, I am on a carb up now. Always wanted to try Pad Thai. I think there is a restaurant owned by actual Vietnamese near me that serves it.

Will report back.
    Very jelly my man..... tell the insulin rush I said hi....

Originally Posted by gymbeam View Post
    Just thought I'd jump in on this. Im on day 8 of my first keto diet (I attempted it a few years ago and failed due to my poor knowledge at the time aswell as distractions in life etc lol - lasted 2 weeks and could turn back after the carb up).

This time I've got to the stage that I actually feel great and full of energy! The keto flu days were almost at a point that I almost gave up, the worst was the sickness I just felt really ill!

Woke up day 7! Felt great all day! Couldn't believe it!

I currently don't train, did train for about 6 years from being a teen but I've not got some knee issues to sort out before getting back into it (if ever).

I do train bjj tho and I thought id be better off losing my unhealthy weight atleast before competing in the future.
    DUDE, MMA for life bro, I actually think my BJJ and MT game are better on keto, my wrestling... not so much, but I've never been goods in that arena alone. Never too early to compete bro!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I see alot of you guys use coconut oil. I haven't though. Any specific one you guys would suggest?
    My Keto Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149423413

GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah would be keen to hear about that too. I normally use vegetable oil or olive oil...

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Spring Valley extra virgin organic coconut oil, from wal mart. About 10 USD

Don't like coconut flavor, so I only went through 1 jar.

Would try almond or macadamia in the future.

Look for a cold pressed, unrefined if possible.

Refined oil is good for cooking in/on, but if you are going to do shots and/or mix smoothies, unrefined has more health benefits. You CAN still cook with unrefined, but the smoke point is slightly lower.
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks man. I'm at Walmart right now and got the last bottle if that extra virgin coconut oil. Will give it a shot hehe
    My Keto Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149423413

jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    the EC and yohimbe are supps, I love them personally but that is a judgement call for you

Intermittent Fasting(IF) is a form of diet where you only eat withinin a small window of time(6-4hrs). I and a couple others here have done it with varied success. I personally love it for those platues !!
    Oh yeah I've heard of IF, will have to look into it, not so sure how I would personally be able to control myself into eating in only a few hours.... I'm a bitch when I'm hungry... Ask anyone who has to deal with me lmao.

Originally Posted by k3n12ock;
    I see alot of you guys use coconut oil. I haven't though. Any specific one you guys would suggest?
    Coconut oil is good, no taste to it I just put in my omelettes. I have an organic one in Australia though, its $7 =P funnily enough I already it had in my pantry for some stupid girls event thing where it was meant to be used to make this hair treatment thing ... But never used it. It was hard but its so hot here its just liquified in the pantry,

Flaxseed oils is great too!
    Jade
    Kick Today In The Dick

IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey guys, I'm down with this ****. Really need some accountability right now! Here's my story inna few sentances, started of with Burn the fat Feed the Muscle, got in pretty decent shape but went crazy trying to eat 6 meals a day and cardio 4 times a week. I then stumbled upon the writings of Lyle McDonald and have seen the light. Recently I've been flirting with carb Night Solution and a bit of Carb Backloading.
    "THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR PERSISTENCE!"
    "Every time something get a little hard, you quit, you call momma. I dare you to take a little pain. I dare you!"

*Misc Photography Crew*

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/IgboMeso/

jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordyanne91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why did you go crazy trying to eat 6 meals a day? =)
    Jade
    Kick Today In The Dick

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I first got lean on the same program, can be intense!!! Once you master your carb ups, keto is a much smoother ride imho
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IgboMeso is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Because each meal is only 400Kcals or so. Plus if you are eating 40-50% CHO and around 15% FAT you will be in constant hunger on such an eating plan. Having spent a few years getting to know my body I can say that eating carbs all day long is a terrible idea while cutting, and the hunger is too much. IMHO Keto + IF + targeted Carbs + Refeeds/Carbups/Carbbackloads is the way to go.
    "Every time something get a little hard, you quit, you call momma. I dare you to take a little pain. I dare you!"

*Misc Photography Crew*

I first got lean on the same program, can be intense!!! Once you master your carb ups, keto is a much smoother ride imho
    True! At the time BFFM was the most cutting edge stuff on the market. if you can follow it as written you will def get lean.

*Misc Photography Crew*

Originally Posted by IgboMeso View Post
    Because each meal is only 400Kcals or so. Plus if you are eating 40-50% CHO and around 15% FAT you will be in constant hunger on such an eating plan. Having spent a few years getting to know my body I can say that eating carbs all day long is a terrible idea while cutting, and the hunger is too much. IMHO Keto + IF + targeted Carbs + Refeeds/Carbups/Carbbackloads is the way to go.

I'm only on 300 cals a meal =\ 5 meals. Hmmm well cutting with carbs I was starving. I like keto so much. =)
    Jade
    Kick Today In The Dick

I'm only on 300 cals a meal =\ 5 meals. Hmmm well cutting with carbs I was starving. I like keto so much. =)
    Damn, I put almost 300Kcals in my morning coffee (Coconut oil and heavy cream). May the ketones be with you.

*Misc Photography Crew*

Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by k3n12ock View Post
    There are three kinds of coconut oil:
    Virgin oil - for that special night - which retains the taste of coconut.
    Coconut oil, which has almost no taste, but is a quality product for cooking, and a lot cheaper than the virgin stuff.
    Palmin, which is an industrial product made in large quantities for the food industry, is used for deep frying and as part of ready made foods.
    Eddie Izzard for Mayor!!!!

Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    May the ketones be with you.
    “The Dark Side of ketobutyrate is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

"Remember, a Jedi can feel the ketobutyrates flowing through him."

"Ketosis is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."

to sum up, Shenpen really like the following
    -coconut oil
    -keto
    -starwars

inherently, he is awesome!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

to sum up, Shenpen really like the following
    -coconut oil
    -keto
    -starwars

inherently, he is awesome!!!
    Well - somebody have to hold our galaxy together!

Damn, I put almost 300Kcals in my morning coffee (Coconut oil and heavy cream). May the ketones be with you.

Well when I'm a big muscly guy I will get to have a 300 cal coffee..l instead of 40g of nuts.... Lol
    Jade
    Kick Today In The Dick

Originally Posted by Shenpen View Post
    "Ketosis is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."
    I might keep this one!

*Misc Photography Crew*

imma just say that franks buffalo sauce is an amazing new tool in my keot sauce arsenal.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm sitting here watching hockey and heard a great quote: "It doesn't mean you're in shape just because you're not fat."

Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    I'm sitting here watching hockey and heard a great quote: "It doesn't mean you're in shape just because you're not fat."
    True that, I think I might have had better cardio back at my 280 days just because the situation I was in.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

i like marshmallow DJaRiHardstyle's Avatar
    DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love this, bro!

My name is Ari, I love lifting, love bodybuilding; it's my life basically. I live, breathe, and eat bodybuilding.... I'm 6 weeks and 6 days out of my first contest! I'm lookin forward to the direction this post is in.... let's get some motivation in here and get some nice keto conversations in! If it turns into constant bickering and arguing, I'm out, but if it's a positive vibe thread where we can generate ideas and spread motivation, count me the furk in!
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com
    Never sensational. Always real.

Currently just coming off of a show; follow my offseason log:
    Mindfulness, Mastery, and Muscle - DJaRiHardstyle's Offseason Mission
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172199513&pagenumber=

Originally Posted by DJaRiHardstyle View Post
    I love this, bro!

My name is Ari, I love lifting, love bodybuilding; it's my life basically. I live, breathe, and eat bodybuilding.... I'm 6 weeks and 6 days out of my first contest! I'm lookin forward to the direction this post is in.... let's get some motivation in here and get some nice keto conversations in! If it turns into constant bickering and arguing, I'm out, but if it's a positive vibe thread where we can generate ideas and spread motivation, count me the furk in!
    so far we seem on the same page regarding the following
    -bacon=good
    -coconut oil=good
    -B&J froyo on carb up=good
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

i like marshmallow DJaRiHardstyle's Avatar
    DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    so far we seem on the same page regarding the following
    -bacon=good
    -coconut oil=good
    -B&J froyo on carb up=good
    mm bacon, unfortunately i can't fit in into my macro's without getting rid of some of my other favorites, like chunky natural PB, pepperoni, and macadamia nuts....

yeah i heard coconut oil is the healthiest, according to John Meadows!

and hmmmm not a huge froyo fan, but still sounds tasty.

what's your view on caloric defecits during keto? do you need to be in the same caloric defecit when in keto that you would in any other pre-contest diet?
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com
    Never sensational. Always real.

Currently just coming off of a show; follow my offseason log:
    Mindfulness, Mastery, and Muscle - DJaRiHardstyle's Offseason Mission
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172199513&pagenumber=

mm bacon, unfortunately i can't fit in into my macro's without getting rid of some of my other favorites, like chunky natural PB, pepperoni, and macadamia nuts....

yeah i heard coconut oil is the healthiest, according to John Meadows!

and hmmmm not a huge froyo fan, but still sounds tasty.

what's your view on caloric defecits during keto? do you need to be in the same caloric defecit when in keto that you would in any other pre-contest diet?
    ya know man, honestly from your avi it looks like you got a better understanding of diets then I do and that is a compliment!!! I wish I could tell ya man, but I am willing to bet it is like all diets, just depends on the person.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Who knows, I have a feeling that a Keto diet will cause more more fatloss than a calorie matched carb based diet. I don't have any studies or anything to back that up.

*Misc Photography Crew*

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    True that, I think I might have had better cardio back at my 280 days just because the situation I was in.
    HAHA! It's funny you say that. I was 204 lbs when I was in the best cardiovascular shape of my life. Now I'm 25 lbs lighter and working to reach that pinnacle. My resting heart rate was under 50 BPM at that time. Right now I'm around 52, but hopefully by spring I'll be back at elite levels. The only cardio I did back then was anaerobic, so my recovery time was sick.