Thread: Bench 3x/ week?

Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Bench 3x/ week?

My dad is telling me I should bench 3x a week. This seems like way to much?
    I'm just getting back into weight lifting and my 1 rep max is probably 150 lbs lol.

Ultimate goal is to be toned, have athletic look not trying to get huge necessarily.

Right now I feel like I just need to work on strength not so much size.

How many times a week should I do bench press? I'm thinking 2 max..

Thanks guys, I'm very novice obviously.
    And for those wondering I'm doing a clean high protein bulk.

Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Post your weekly routine. Or do you just bench twice a week?

Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flashnkitties has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Concat View Post
    Post your weekly routine. Or do you just bench twice a week?
    SUNDAY

-Warm-up

-Bench 3 sets x 12 reps

Triceps
    Close Grip Bench: 3 x 3
    Skull Crushers (Light): 3 sets x 8 reps
    Dumbbell Kickbacks: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Pushdowns: 3 sets x 8 reps

Abs
    Crunches: 3 sets 25 reps
    Cable Crunches: 3 sets 25 reps

MONDAY

Warm-Up

Back
    Pull-Ups: 4 sets x 10 reps
    T-Bar: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Front Pulldowns: 3 sets x 8 reps

Biceps
    Hammer Curls: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Preacher Curls: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Straight Bar Curls: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Seated Curls: 3 sets x 8 reps

Abs

Tuesday - Off

WEDNESDAY

Warm-Up

Shoulders
    Barbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets x 6 reps
    Incline Press: 3 sets x 6 reps
    Front Delt Raises: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Shoulder Flyes: 3 sets x 8 reps

Triceps
    Single Arm Skull Crushers (Heavy): 3 sets x 6 reps
    Barbell Skull Crushers: 3 sets x 6 reps
    Single Arm Pushdowns: 3 sets x 8 reps

Abs

THURSDAY

Warm-Up

Legs
    Squat: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Leg press: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Hack Squat: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Leg Extension: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Hamstrings: 3 sets x 8 reps
    Calves: 3 sets 15 reps

Abs

Friday - Off

Saturday - Off

I also run 5 days a week.

I'm still modifying it, and I don't have the equipment to do some of these.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you want to just get "toned," I'd probably recommend doing full body workouts full of compounds almost every day, at least 3x10 per move, plus eating right, plus cardio.

It's the simplest way I can think of to end up scrawny but still with muscle mass.

Originally Posted by IDrinkBloodLOL View Post
    If you want to just get "toned," I'd probably recommend doing full body workouts full of compounds almost every day, at least 3x10 per move, plus eating right, plus cardio.

It's the simplest way I can think of to end up scrawny but still with muscle mass.
    Not really going for scrawny, just not like OMG BODYBUILDER.

Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    You aren't doing enough drugs to worry about being OMG BODYBUILDER big.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Strict limited diet crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140012233
    Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=

Nap between sets u mad? MonsterLifter's Avatar
    MonsterLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MonsterLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MonsterLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MonsterLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MonsterLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MonsterLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MonsterLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MonsterLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MonsterLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MonsterLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MonsterLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3x bench a week will get you overtrained. If you wanna get toned like you say just do some push ups, abs and stuff like that, and go to the sunbed a month before summer. Anyway, if you really are 154 lbs at 6'0" I don't see how you could be or get like OMG BODYBUILDER, even if you were on dat dere juice