Closed Thread
    sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

New to this. Could use some advice.

Thought that this was the best place to post. I'm sure that you've seen this thread thousand of times before. Anyway, I'm in college now and I'm pretty new to the whole 'working-out' thing. Goal is to bulk as much as possible without gaining too much fat. I will be able to get to my gym on campus every day once the next semester starts later this month. Right now I do have fat to loose to I'm starting to do cardio until then.

I've been searching this forum for a few hours and I can't figure out what workout plan would work best. I know I want to work on everything but a lot of bulking guides I read here left that part out? Should I just do one part every day with some days of just cardio?

Also with diet and supplements. I work at a health and beauty store so I'm able to get everything at a pretty good discount. What would you recommend?

I'm open to any advice. Would also appreciate it if you could link me to your favorite bulking guides.

Thanks for your time

ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ajgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When it comes to bulking it really doesnt matter what specific workout plan you use. Find a basic workout plan in BB.com and follow it. Supplementation isn't necessary but since you got discount go for basic whey protein (Optimum nutrition would prob be your best bet), or if you want get a weight gainer although it's easy to make your own and saves you tons of cash.

Train right, eat lots, sleep lots and you'll see progress.
    "Who needs quads when you got swag."

sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sices is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ajgen View Post
    When it comes to bulking it really doesnt matter what specific workout plan you use. Find a basic workout plan in BB.com and follow it. Supplementation isn't necessary but since you got discount go for basic whey protein (Optimum nutrition would prob be your best bet), or if you want get a weight gainer although it's easy to make your own and saves you tons of cash.

Train right, eat lots, sleep lots and you'll see progress.
    Thanks I appreciate it. I still got some extra weight to loose so I was going to try eating cleaner and slightly eating more and just start bulking now. Will this work to burn fat and gain muscle at the same time? Or should I just cut all the extra weight and then start bulking?

So I should get the whey protein shake mix and drink them right after a work out? Also still trying to find a good work out routine.
    Last edited by sices; 01-08-2013 at 02:55 PM.

shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi
    If you want to bulk you are going to be eating loads and lifting big. Focus on compound movements. Squats, deadlift, bench press, overhead press. These are your main movements. I split my training into movements somewhat like this.

Push
    Pull
    Legs

Each day will have a big compound movement as my major exercise. Ill do 5 sets 5 reps. 5x5.after this ill do my assistance work for example on a push day i may do some incline press after my bench press. For my incline im doing 10 reps 3 sets.

As for supplementation id go for a shake with a good amount of calories, since youre bulking, and a good protein content!
    You will most probably put some fat on through your bulk as well as your muscle gains, dont worry its expected!

Lift big, eat lots, rest well!! Hope that helped.

Originally Posted by shaunbrooks View Post
    Hi
    If you want to bulk you are going to be eating loads and lifting big. Focus on compound movements. Squats, deadlift, bench press, overhead press. These are your main movements. I split my training into movements somewhat like this.

Push
    Pull
    Legs

Each day will have a big compound movement as my major exercise. Ill do 5 sets 5 reps. 5x5.after this ill do my assistance work for example on a push day i may do some incline press after my bench press. For my incline im doing 10 reps 3 sets.

As for supplementation id go for a shake with a good amount of calories, since youre bulking, and a good protein content!
    You will most probably put some fat on through your bulk as well as your muscle gains, dont worry its expected!

Lift big, eat lots, rest well!! Hope that helped.
    So doing push one Monday, pull on Wednesday, and legs on Friday would work? Not too worried about gaining a bit of fat while bulking.

AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sices View Post
    So doing push one Monday, pull on Wednesday, and legs on Friday would work? Not too worried about gaining a bit of fat while bulking.
    pull on Monday would be better, and this routine would be better done if you could train 6x per week.
    If you can only train 3 days i would suggest Fullbody, but do the ppl if you want just be consistent bro
    Back to training log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163233961
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ★ DEADLIFT CREW ★
    ARSENAL CREW

Originally Posted by AlexRyan1 View Post
    pull on Monday would be better, and this routine would be better done if you could train 6x per week.
    If you can only train 3 days i would suggest Fullbody, but do the ppl if you want just be consistent bro
    Alright so if I do the ppl what would you recommend doing which day? Also, does the PPl give better results then a full body?

shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shaunbrooks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sices View Post
    Alright so if I do the ppl what would you recommend doing which day? Also, does the PPl give better results then a full body?
    Personally if i where in your position i would train pull monday push wednesday and legs friday.
    Ive been on the ppl routine for a while and i have had great gains, however i am training 5 times a week. I would say it will give you better results than a full body workout 3 times a week also.

Originally Posted by shaunbrooks View Post
    Personally if i where in your position i would train pull monday push wednesday and legs friday.
    Ive been on the ppl routine for a while and i have had great gains, however i am training 5 times a week. I would say it will give you better results than a full body workout 3 times a week also.
    What what should i do on the extra 2 days and when should I put them in? Would saturday and tuesday work?

16.75" of Clive wannabe natypes's Avatar
    natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is no best anything. Work hard, eat harder, be consistent.

read the stickies
    You are the only problem you will ever have and YOU are the only solution.

Car Crew
    Only misc 8-5 crew M-F
    Android Crew
    Indie Music Crew
    Black girl magic crew
    Home chef crew
    Warzone 2 crew
    FJB