Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    whimisical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whimisical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whimisical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do cardio in the mornings, before school, usually 5-6 days/week. Anywhere from 10 mins-1 hour, depending on how I feel. I also do HIIT cardio 3x/week after weight training. I have a marathon background, so it's way less cardio than I used to do!
    "I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted."
    -Jack Kerouac

Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jedwab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i wasn't doing ANY. but need to lose another 5lbs so have added one run a week to my routine + maybe will do spin class. Not a fan of cardio...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jedwab1976

Live & let live

awonk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm currently cutting and have been doing 2-3 30-minute cardio sessions a week. Generally this consists of hopping on the arc trainer and doing intervals.

tickfordmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1 hour or 30k on rpm 5 days a week and weight train 6 days. I have tons of weight(fat) to lose but want to grow in size.

firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not surprised by people saying they don't even particularly like cardio. I've been on-off with it for most of my life. I find I have downtime where I don't do any for a while, and then find myself at a point not enjoying it, not looking forward to it, and have to force myself to do it. Then after a week or two of pushing myself through more of it as necessary I start craving it again.

Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000) Lioness27 is just really nice. (+1000)

Question

Most people on this thread hate cardio, I don't understand why.
    I'd like to know why most people don't enjoy it. Do y'all think it is a waste of time? Or what are y'all's reasons for not liking cardio?
    I used to not like running but that was because I wasn't good at it, and I would get really tired. But I have loved running for years now.
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart & with all your soul & with all your mind & with all your strength. -Mark 12:30

With God all things are possible. -Matthew 19:26

myfitnesspal: marissarenee

★ ☆ ★ MFP Aesthetics Crew ☆ ★ ☆ ★

kmp411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lioness27 View Post
    I'd like to know why most people don't enjoy it. Do y'all think it is a waste of time? Or what are y'all's reasons for not liking cardio?
    I used to not like running but that was because I wasn't good at it, and I would get really tired. But I have loved running for years now.
    I actually LOVE doing cardio. I know I do more then I need, but it's how I start my day off!! I do cardio 5-6 days a week.

I do however love lifting more, but I think it's important to have a good balance. I find it very amuzing to see a person that to the eye looks physical fit, but can't even go up a flight of steps without looking like they're going to pass out {some sarcasm} LOL.
    Squat:345
    Deadlift:380
    Bench:175lb

Go hard or take that a$$ home : )

Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't do any cardio whatsoever.
    LAst summer I chose swimming and I really liked that, in an outdoor pool, with the early bird swimmers of over 70 Most inspiring group of people I met that year.

Because I had crazy bronchitis and tiny lungs and only found out recently. And have NO running technique. Tibialis anterior cramps up.
    I don't mind walking, cycling to get somewhere, but I just don't love it like I love lifting. In addition to that, I'd do cardiovascular conditioning using KB's and stuff like that than longer bouts of 'regular' cardio.
    First time order at iHerb.com? I got this discount code: EKE466. Will give you 10,- off on any order over 40$, 5 on any order under..
    http://www.iherb.com?rcode=EKE466

Blog! [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165643671&p=1324304881#post1324304881[/url]

Putting in the work IrishLassie78's Avatar
    IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Lioness27 View Post
    I just find it EXTREMELY boring. I have the attention span of a two year old so the monotony of steady state cardio really just makes me not want to do it. I do enjoy trail running outside when the weather is nice and I have my allergy/asthma issues in check, and I love Spinning classes when I can work them into my schedule, but running on a treadmill or parking myself on an elliptical trainer for any length of time makes me want to shoot myself in the face. HIIT has saved me from totally hating cardio and not doing it all because I have to seriously think about what I'm doing and I can't autopilot. It challenges me mentally and physically which helps keep my attention. I personally have gotten better results from three 20 to 25 minute HIIT sessions a week then spending 45 minutes 4 or 5 days a week on the treadmill or whatever piece of equipment. I've also noticed between the HIIT and the Spinning, when I do get to run outside, I can run faster longer and going uphill doesn't kill me anymore. But steady state cardio generally bores me to tears.