Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Huntarious is on a distinguished road. (+10)

when did you discover your passion?

I know im in the wrong section but I am looking for advice for my career. Right now I am headed for physical therapy because its what I thought I wanted to do ever since I had a passion for learning about lifting and nutrition. However now I am realizing that I don't really see myself being happy after I shadowed a few therapists. I have been forced to go to the medical field by my parents all my life due to the money and stability. Now I have decided to do what I love and have a passion for rather than money. I just don't know what I have a passion for anymore. I just dont want to go to school for 8 years and not be happy.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Huntarious View Post
    I just dont want to go to school for 8 years and not be happy.
    IMO..if one is unsure of a path of interest one has to try things one believes could be rewarding and could excel at.
    One can always change ones' path....especially at your age.

A good start would be a junior college.

I've always loved music and the sciences...hence....I was a music/geology major.
    I do neither for a living now.
    Although, I used to play the club/casual gigs when i was in live bands for many years and worked a couple years for USGS doing earthquake research projects in the field.
    I find both exceedingly interesting and rewarding.

You are your own pathfinder.....good luck on your quest.

Carry on...
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sixth grade. I discovered that my science and math was not going to make me a space man, so Police Officer it was. At my age I still work in a private practice, and get well paid.
    Do what's right.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I never did discover one particular passion. Through the course of post college careers that have included; buyouts, takeovers and downsizing.....I have learned much. I've worked in several different industries (restaurant, retail, rental, airline, recruiting/personnel & manufacturing!), and while I sometimes envy those who knew from grade school that they wanted to be say, doctors, lawyers, firemen, etc., I wouldn't trade the sometimes, strange and unpredictable path that my life has taken. And lol, it ain't over yet . Truly, I get bored very easily, and I like the varied landscape that I call....my life.

Don't put pressure on yourself. Get a job...see where it takes you. And it always will take you somewhere...even if it's to another and very different job/career.

Good luck.

workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I discovered my passion when I was 5 yo. Not many people can say that. I always wanted to be in the Military all my life. When I was a teenager found out about the Marines. Ever since then I lived it. I been in for almost 5 yrs and I have to say, best 5 yrs of my life. Found out alot about myself and met some really good friends that I can not live with out now.

Find something you love to do and go with it run with it. You have time to try things and fail but if you fail don't let it get you down chock it up to life experience and go to the next one. Have an adventures life.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    I never did discover one particular passion. Through the course of post college careers that have included; buyouts, takeovers and downsizing.....I have learned much. I've worked in several different industries (restaurant, retail, rental, airline, recruiting/personnel & manufacturing!), and while I sometimes envy those who knew from grade school that they wanted to be say, doctors, lawyers, firemen, etc., I wouldn't trade the sometimes, strange and unpredictable path that my life has taken. And lol, it ain't over yet . Truly, I get bored very easily, and I like the varied landscape that I call....my life.

Don't put pressure on yourself. Get a job...see where it takes you. And it always will take you somewhere...even if it's to another and very different job/career.

Good luck.
    This is a good post! Ha ha! Passion? I've had so much passion that I couldn't tell you my (%* from a hole in the wall! I've always been a bit jealous of those who found their 'niche' in life early! I just about decide on that sort of thing, then it changes! I'll not retire destitute, but I'll be 93 and still searching for that passion! There's just too much in this old, ugly world to choose!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My passion is music. I discovered it when I was a little kid.

My career is software. That's what pays the bills.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When I stopped listening to others telling me I should do this or that cuz that's where the money and prestige are, blah, blah, I realized my passion.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Huntarious View Post
    I know im in the wrong section but I am looking for advice for my career. Right now I am headed for physical therapy because its what I thought I wanted to do ever since I had a passion for learning about lifting and nutrition. However now I am realizing that I don't really see myself being happy after I shadowed a few therapists. I have been forced to go to the medical field by my parents all my life due to the money and stability. Now I have decided to do what I love and have a passion for rather than money. I just don't know what I have a passion for anymore. I just dont want to go to school for 8 years and not be happy.
    Find an "inexpensive" state school and take a few different classes and see what you like. You're young. It's easier to experiment up front than try to work backwards later in life.

Maybe join the military.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My second post here. While I knew what I wanted to dok, a friend and I while in Senior high school went to see the Armed Forces Recruiters and talked. Eventually took the tests, and the Air Force said I was into Air Police School if I wanted. I never realized just all the police schools that I took and the USAF paid 75% any police school if I got A's or B's. The armed forces is the something special that makes a man so muchmore than he ever thought possible.
    Do what's right.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the best of both worlds. My passion is finance and I make damn good money in that field. "Passion" alone doesn't pay the bills.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I saw a rerun video of one of the Apollo launches somewhere around 1976. I was about 5 years old. I've been hooked ever since.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think that if you have enough self awareness to realize that what your parents are pushing you into isn't what you want, and the will to stand up to them and say so, you should be fine. Give yourself some time, you'll figure it out. And like a few here have mentioned, it may change over the course of time. "Careers" aren't for life like they used to be, hell...they haven't been for some time. Everything changes. With the technology and education resources that are available now, it's much easier to change your path is you decide to. I've recently decided I'm done with the tech field, going back to school for biomedical engineering. As long as you enjoy learning and bettering your self, you'll always come out ahead IMO.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...

--==2013 Meet Lifts==--
    147.5/325 | 90/198 | 202.5/446