HforHollyann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie to Live Fit Trainer

Hi everyone. I am a2nd time new member to bodybuilding.com and am about to embark on Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer tomorrow morning. I am a 41 yr old mom to two amazing teen girls and am in the worst shape of my life. I am 25 lbs heavier than I was when I was 9months pregnant and am sooooo over it. Shopping for clothes that hide my body is something I am not ok with but have succumbed to. I am going to kick my own ass and hopefully receive some knowledge and support along the way without the ego that sometimes goes along with forums like these. I look forward to hearing from anyone who cares to weigh in and maybe even make some workout buddies in the process. Wish me luck!

h
    h

LittleSarah85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi! I'm a new here, too! My name is Sarah. Nice to meet you and I want to introduce myself, before exploring this forum better.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay, I am personally not a fan of JSLFT, but that said, doing anything is better than doing nothing.

If losing bodyfat is your goal, keeping your nutrition tight is going to be the most important thing.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Be sure to join the LiveFit Body Group (link from the LiveFit main page) as you can ask questions & chat to other people doing LiveFit in there.

I did LiveFit last year and I thought it was a great way to get back into weight training (it had been many years for me). I didn't think it was sustainable long term but it gave me the tools to change my lifestyle, get educated and go on with another program once I'd finished. I appreciated having the structure of the 12 week program and I learned how much to eat which was fantastic.

Many people don't lose huge amounts of weight on LiveFit- its focus is more on building muscle- but you can only expect to lose so much body fat in a 12 week period anyway. It is 6 days in the gym for most of the program, so ensure you have the time to fit that into your schedule- during Phase 2 many people spend ~1.5 hours on the workout.

Good luck!

bribuz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bribuz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bribuz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bribuz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bribuz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bribuz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bribuz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bribuz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bribuz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bribuz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bribuz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HforHollyann View Post
    Hi everyone. I am a2nd time new member to bodybuilding.com and am about to embark on Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer tomorrow morning. I am a 41 yr old mom to two amazing teen girls and am in the worst shape of my life. I am 25 lbs heavier than I was when I was 9months pregnant and am sooooo over it. Shopping for clothes that hide my body is something I am not ok with but have succumbed to. I am going to kick my own ass and hopefully receive some knowledge and support along the way without the ego that sometimes goes along with forums like these. I look forward to hearing from anyone who cares to weigh in and maybe even make some workout buddies in the process. Wish me luck!

h
    I'm on my second round of the live fit trainer. I got really good results the first time. I hope you have fun with it! Good luck!

texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50) texaschik will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had really good results on JELF, but I did it to build muscle and started out at 22% body fat. I dropped to 19.2% body fat by the end of the program and gained more muscle than I have had since high school. Like Amiaow suggested, you should definitely join the body group. I found amazing support and motivation there. Good luck!!
    ~ Dayna

nankinat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm currently on the first week of Phase Two of LFT. So far I've definitely seen some more tone in my arms. I've had to modify some of the leg workouts because of my knee injury, though. :/