Thread: GP's a d**k

Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

GP's a d**k

I have been taking naproxen (1g per day) with paracetamol (4g per day) for the last 2 weeks for shoulder pain. The problem is the pain is starting to get worse and worse and now I am starting to feel it in my biceps aswell.

Went to the GP he told me that I should continue what I am doing, even though the pain is getting worse and the pills aren't working. He told me "You're young, you don't have anything!"

I don't have any money to go to a private sports medic to talk about this. I don't know what I should do...

Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Greu View Post
    I have been taking naproxen (1g per day) with paracetamol (4g per day) for the last 2 weeks for shoulder pain. The problem is the pain is starting to get worse and worse and now I am starting to feel it in my biceps aswell.

Went to the GP he told me that I should continue what I am doing, even though the pain is getting worse and the pills aren't working. He told me "You're young, you don't have anything!"

I don't have any money to go to a private sports medic to talk about this. I don't know what I should do...

Poping pain pills is not a solution for an injury. All they do is mask the pain, which in your case is not even working. Pain is in indication that some sort of inflammation or injury exists. You obviously have something and that doctors idiotic comment, he seriously deserves a punch in the face for that. He is a medical professional and should know better and have an interest in seeking what is the cause of your pain. This is his job.

I would try a different doctor. Make sure they do some physical tests for your shoulder and ask for at least an x-ray and/or ultrasound.
    Strength without endurance, is as useless as, endurance without strength

*Eternal Virgin Crew*

Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Pluto1998 View Post
    Poping pain pills is not a solution for an injury. All they do is mask the pain, which in your case is not even working. Pain is in indication that some sort of inflammation or injury exists. You obviously have something and that doctors idiotic comment, he seriously deserves a punch in the face for that. He is a medical professional and should know better and have an interest in seeking what is the cause of your pain. This is his job.

I would try a different doctor. Make sure they do some physical tests for your shoulder and ask for at least an x-ray and/or ultrasound.
    He said that just because I have a normal range of motion I have nothing. Yes, I can freaking move my shoulder, but I hurts like hell!

cjfrancis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    T-R-I-G-G-E-R P-O-I-N-T
    Check it out. myofascial release is essential for restoring and maintaining muscular skeletal health. especcially around fragile joints like the shoulders, hips, and knees. you would be doing yourself a disservice by not.

Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Greu View Post
    He said that just because I have a normal range of motion I have nothing. Yes, I can freaking move my shoulder, but I hurts like hell!
    If this guy, payed attention to his functional and biomechanical anatomy and physiology at uni, he would probably know what he is doing. What can you expect from a GP. They are only doctors politically and not in reality.

I had shoulder bursitis in my left shoulder for over 2 years, I also had normal range of motion. Range of motion itself is not a indicator that nothing is wrong. If you go to uni and start studying anatomy and physiology, you will realize how little GP's know.
    Strength without endurance, is as useless as, endurance without strength

*Eternal Virgin Crew*