Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

does doin dumbell press and flys work on the ground

hey i havent been able to buy a bench yet...is it good to do dumbell presses and flys on the ground?....cheers

___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by basso View Post
    hey i havent been able to buy a bench yet...is it good to do dumbell presses and flys on the ground?....cheers
    This is a method employed by a lot of trainers. Doing dumbell presses on the ground, exploding up, then slow on the negative until you reach the floor, then relaxing, with your elbows on the floor, and then explode up again. I know for a fact that Gunter Schiliamp uses this technique.

It is not as effective for flyes though, as the stretch(where your dumbells are behind you) is the most important part of the movement. But, it is certainly good to do this for the presses. However,, i don't think this should replace the standard bench press. Keep at it.

Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atreyu_Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by teenage_guru View Post
    This is a method employed by a lot of trainers. Doing dumbell presses on the ground, exploding up, then slow on the negative until you reach the floor, then relaxing, with your elbows on the floor, and then explode up again. I know for a fact that Gunter Schiliamp uses this technique.

It is not as effective for flyes though, as the stretch(where your dumbells are behind you) is the most important part of the movement. But, it is certainly good to do this for the presses. However,, i don't think this should replace the standard bench press. Keep at it.
    hey thx alot....that answered my question perfectly.....thx again ....have a good one...