Beconscious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beconscious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beconscious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beconscious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beconscious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beconscious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beconscious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beconscious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beconscious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beconscious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beconscious is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Friends Worried About My Obsessing

Today my friends did a status check on me, asking if I'm still eating my 3400cals/day. I said yes and that I only have 5 lbs left to go on this bulk. They expressed concern and insisted that I stop eating so much, that it's expensive and that I'm focusing on feeling bad about myself until I reach my goal.

What do?

I have stopped calorie counting and just getting back to the gym after 2 months off. Gotta count the cals for now if I'm going to stay on target. I dont think its an obsession, though. 3400 of clean eating isnt necessarily bad?

salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salmonman78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're not focused on feeling bad but on getting as much of a good start back as you can. Motivation takes a sharp dip a while after you start so you gotta focus hard at the start to make sure you can try to keep as much of it as you can. Wife made brownies last night and as much as I wanted one I couldn't, because I am in the same boat(well similar since I am trying to lose weight) and have to not let myself slip and eat crap.

Just hang in there.
    Trying to get back to my old self PLUS improve it.

Getting back onto this train and not getting derailed again!
    1-2-2012: 290 |

SkinnyMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tell your friends to **** off. If you feel comfortable with what you're doing, they should be happy for you. Feel fortunate...many people don't have personal goals; much less the drive to stick with them. I'm eating 4600 calories a day and I am conscious of what my goal is. Working out and eating is only a few hours out of the day and you have friends that you talk to, so apparently your social life isn't lacking too much. Personally, if you don't work out with me, I don't go into specifics about my diet or workout, because I don't need (have patience for) the comments or judgement. In the end, you'll be accomplished and they will see where hard work and determination get you.
    Last edited by SkinnyMark; 01-09-2013 at 10:47 AM.

btmosher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are a lot of people out there who don't think the same way that we do. There is no doubt that at times socializing w/ friends and family will have conflicting interests with your fitness goals. SkinnyMark is spot on. If your friends are going to be critical of the fact that you are taking a tactical, regimented approach to your fitness goals, then don't discuss that information with them. Let your results do the speaking for you!

steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have been meticulously tracking every day for nearly two years now. I hear the same thing from many people, but I'm not letting that deter me from reaching my goals. I just tell them it's not on obsession or really even a diet, it's simply a way of life for me. It no longer bothers me if they think otherwise because I can't change their views.
    Nothing tastes as good as being shredded feels.

kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your friends are either fat as fuark or skinny twigs who couldn't bench 100lbs. Who cares what they say!!! Keep doing what your doing and this summer when y'all are at the pool and you look jacked then they will figure it out. And honesty if your not borrowing money from them then its none of there damn business how " expensive " it is

eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eight-pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As the saying goes, obsession is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

My closest friends gave me the most heat when I started my transformation and they went out of their way to discourage me. Honestly, if I were you, I'd drop these "friends" and limit my time with them whenever possible. All they're going to do is bring you down and you don't need others distracting you from your goals. Truth is, people who aren't serious about their own health or fitness aren't going to understand and I wouldn't waste my time trying to explain it to them either. Not only that but it's human nature for others not to want to see you be more successful than them. It'd be the same case if you were to go out and buy a Lamborghini. Strangers would probably admire the car but the people closest to you would question if it was necessary to indulge in something like that no matter how much you wanted it. Just worry about yourself and what you need to accomplish.

The ironic thing about all this is they used to ask me why I even decided to start doing what I do and now the same people are coming back around to ask me how.

Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Beconscious View Post

What do?
    The answer is up to you.

Decide whether you would rather listen to your friends and not reach your goal, or follow your plan and reach your goal. It's one or the other.

I've found it near impossible to accomplish anything significant in life without drawing the criticism or concern (valid or invalid) of others.
    Get my free motivational fat loss and muscle building guide for busy people @ excuseproof.com.

Author of "50 Fitness Tips You Wish You Knew" and "How To Stick To A Diet"

NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewGainNation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Read my sig.

Dyslexic Superhero InhudibleCrelk's Avatar
    InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhudibleCrelk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ignore them man. don't let someone else's lack of vision ruin your hard work.
    there is nothing wrong with what you're doing.

- sig explains it all.
    "Obsessed" is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Disregard friends, acquire calories
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

2013 Transformation Challenge Aus Brah checking in - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150947503

brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tell them that once you're done, the girls will be obsessing over your shredded physique.

They're just jealous. The more you gain, the more jealous they will become.